Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #12016
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Silver linings playbook - 6/10

it was meh at best

good but meh

I liked Deniro's character
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #12017
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

The Master

6/10
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #12018
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Fantastic review, thank you. Will check it out.

I understand that science basically considers you livestock, but I find it hard to believe even in all your girth, you are too lazy to consult RT or simply type in "Seven Psychopaths" to KAT. I mean, I know you don't get to your size by being "overly motivated" or even "getting out of bed in the morning" but surely you can navigate the Internet without any unwanted calorie burn. For instance, in the amount of time it took you to type your lame ass comment, you probably could have a basic understanding of what the movie's about.

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 02-04-2013 at 11:50 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #12019
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Amazing Spider-Man

7/10. Would bang Emma Stone.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #12020
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"What is that?"

"Ha ha haa this a shotgun Sol!"

"It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun Vincent!"

"Yeah well I wanna raise some pulses don't I?"

Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #12021
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
"What is that?"

"Ha ha haa this a shotgun Sol!"

"It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun Vincent!"

"Yeah well I wanna raise some pulses don't I?"

GOAT movie
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #12022
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore - 7/10

Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #12023
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Old 02-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #12024
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Few I watched recently:

The Life of Pi - 10/10
The best movie of 2012. I never read the book so I knew nothing about the story going in. A great fairy tale with a very dark side. It looked incredible and this is the first time I'm actually excited to watch something on 3D at home when the blu-ray is released. I normally don't like heavy exposition but in this case, IMO, it was necessary and setup the final questions about which story do you like/would choose well. I just watched it for a second time and it was even better catching some of the foreshadowing.

Flight - 7/10
Very strong acting and a great first hour. It drags a bit for the rest of the movie and ends on an awful note. I could see it coming but I was still disappointed by the cop-out heavy-handed ending. I did not for one second believe that Denzel's character would do what he did given everything else that we knew about him.

Arbitrage - 8/10
Now this was how you end a film about a scumbag lead character that you're still kind of rooting for. It was basically like a Hitchcock movie except that they got the right guy and he totally deserves to fall. I'm surprised this one didn't get more publicity.

Hitchcock - 6/10
Decent but too light on interesting information about the great filmmaker and the movie making process.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #12025
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watched all of the Oscar nominated shorts, both animated and live action.

Favorite live action: Henry
Least favorite live action: Buzkashi Boys

Favorite animated: Adam and Dog
Least favorite animated: Maggie Simpson in "The Longest Daycare"
(there were some other shorts at the event I was at and was led to believe they were nominated, which I'm glad to find out they weren't since one of them I did not like at all)
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 AM   #12026
D-Wade316
F***

Guild awards, Oscars, etc. are a load of bullshit. Django wasn't even nominated for cast ensemble even though it quite easily had the best cast of the year. Argo winning is retarded.

/rant
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #12027
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Warm Bodies - 8/10

Was really surprised by this one...was rather funny and quirky. The plot was simple but fun and overall had a good time watching it. Chick was hot too.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #12028
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bernie 8/10. Jack Black was brilliant. I can't believe he wasn't nominated for anything. Some laugh out loud moments from the interviews with the people from Carthage, TX. The dude explaining the different regions of Texas was spot on.

Map of Texas

Last edited by rufuspaul : 02-07-2013 at 11:20 AM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #12029
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Gangster Squad - 5/10 What a mess of a movie.

Seven Psychopaths - 7.5-8/10 Good, but not great like In Bruges.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:54 AM   #12030
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

The Master

6.5/10

I was honestly expecting better. Pretty much a sex maniac with post dramatic stress being brainwashed by a cult. I lost interest in the movie after an hour or so.

I will probably change my opinion if I re-watch it.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: