Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #12181
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Side Effects - 9/10

Fantastic film. Was going one way half the movie then shifts right in the middle. Good thing was that Tatum's role was much more limited than originally thought. Ending is great, nice little twist in there as well. Must see! On a side not...everything else in theaters right now is hot garbage!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #12182
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bareuge salja (Going by the Book): 8.5/10- I popped this on just because the concept sounded interesting, but I didn't expect the movie I got.

Korea excels at producing movies like this. With interesting characters, good intrigue, and great comedic sense this movie is as well rounded as they come.

There is some fat that could have used trimming. Stuff that just really wasn't necessary. But the ridiculousness of the situation and the intrigue of what's going to happen next mask this.

Korea has been my favorite foreign country when it comes to films from the last decade or so. They make great movies that fall into the Oldboy category. They make great, heartbreaking romance movies. They make excellent movies about being a loner (I also recommend Castaway on the Moon which I'm not going to review but it's a good watch), and they make really good comedies. This one falls into that later category with a subtle underplayed style of humor that is borne partly from great dialogue and partly from the ridiculousness of the situation.

Highly recommend, it got the rare laugh out loud watching it by myself reaction a few times, and it's an interesting movie.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #12183
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Watched the 4-hour version of Das Boot.

About as close to perfection as film gets. I've seen it before, but it's still amazing.

Also, the Wages of Fear. 8/10. For a 60 year old foreign film it's pretty gripping.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #12184
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

4/5

gritty. gripping script. good cast.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #12185
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Wreck-It Ralph - 6/10

Honestly, Rise of the Guardians is the best animated film of 2012.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #12186
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Breakfast Club - 9/10

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 AM   #12187
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Viridiana 10/10
It's not the last movie I watched, but earlier I recommended it as part of a batch of old masterpieces to my friend whose soul was starving for quality stuff. So I figured some of you might enjoy it.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #12188
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

Bareuge salja (Going by the Book): 8.5/10- I popped this on just because the concept sounded interesting, but I didn't expect the movie I got.

Korea excels at producing movies like this. With interesting characters, good intrigue, and great comedic sense this movie is as well rounded as they come.

There is some fat that could have used trimming. Stuff that just really wasn't necessary. But the ridiculousness of the situation and the intrigue of what's going to happen next mask this.

Korea has been my favorite foreign country when it comes to films from the last decade or so. They make great movies that fall into the Oldboy category. They make great, heartbreaking romance movies. They make excellent movies about being a loner (I also recommend Castaway on the Moon which I'm not going to review but it's a good watch), and they make really good comedies. This one falls into that later category with a subtle underplayed style of humor that is borne partly from great dialogue and partly from the ridiculousness of the situation.

Highly recommend, it got the rare laugh out loud watching it by myself reaction a few times, and it's an interesting movie.

If Korea had a dick, you'd _______ .

North Korea ... you'd suck it into tomorrow. South Korea, you'd let tea bag you for six straight hours until you flipped them over and returned the favor.

Why don't you just buy a Kia and jerk off in the console "oh yeah who's ya daddy, who's ya daddy!?"
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #12189
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
If Korea had a dick, you'd _______ .

North Korea ... you'd suck it into tomorrow. South Korea, you'd let tea bag you for six straight hours until you flipped them over and returned the favor.

Why don't you just buy a Kia and jerk off in the console "oh yeah who's ya daddy, who's ya daddy!?"

You are a sad strange little man.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #12190
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Watched the 4-hour version of Das Boot.

About as close to perfection as film gets. I've seen it before, but it's still amazing.

Was considering buying this on blu-ray. Never seen it and need a 3rd movie to pick in a "buy 3" deal and Das Boot Director's Cut (UK version) is an option.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #12191
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Watch 7 out of 10.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #12192
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^Love that movie. I don't think any sports movie gets to me like a good baseball movie. Can't really put an objective number for a ranking on it but it would prob be like an 8/9. The love story was so-so but I love the beginning of the movie and the on field/memory scenes.

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 03-08-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #12193
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316

Honestly, Rise of the Guardians is the best animated film of 2012.

hell no

that movie was weak sauce.

decent visuals, solid premise, completely shitty script.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #12194
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sinister F me/10

This movie had me shitting my pants like no other horror movie in years. Story was decent at best, but they got the mood and the lighting right to mae it consistently creepy, which is more important to me than jump scenes. As a whole, I give it 7.5/10 which is high from me for a pure horror movie.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 AM   #12195
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looper 4/10

Yeah....

Things got a little weird when a Mutant child appeared
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: