Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #12256
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
That's a lot better than a 3/5 to me. I doubt I'll ever watch it again because of how horrible the people are and how depressing it is, but I'd give it a solid 8/10.

the acting was excellent. no doubt.

the dialogue, plot and pacing were average.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #12257
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
That's a lot better than a 3/5 to me. I doubt I'll ever watch it again because of how horrible the people are and how depressing it is, but I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Yeah I thought it was an excellent movie too, I don't know how much replay value it has though.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #12258
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
the acting was excellent. no doubt.

the dialogue, plot and pacing were average.

Before I saw it someone told me that it's best seen as a modern noir/mystery set in Appalachia. So I went in expecting slow and plodding and wasn't disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Yeah I thought it was an excellent movie too, I don't know how much replay value it has though.

You know there's a few people who pop it in once a month though
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #12259
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did you guys know that John Candy was originally cast in Ghost Busters, but a shoot went long or something and he dropped out? Then a few people including Michael McKean were looked at for the part... Ramis wasn't thrilled with it, the character was then rewritten totally differently and given to Rick Moranis.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #12260
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really wanted to see Winter's Bone and never got around to it. It seemed to never hit the cable circuit for some reason. The other relatively recent movie that happened with was The Lives of Others. Never seemed to get picked up on Cable. I don't buy DVDs anymore nor rent them.

I really have to sign up for Hulu or Netflix. Especially since I just got this new TV and I'm online and everything already.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #12261
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In the Name of the Father

8/10

I found this movie enjoyable and it encouraged me to do a little reading and research after its conclusion. One of the more interesting parts of the film was seeing those tense moments between father and son (Daniel Day-Lewis) where one could easily envision the future William Cutting, just sans mustache.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #12262
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Oz
5/10
Horrible acting, boring and it's incredibly painful to the eyes.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #12263
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Spring Breakers - ??/10
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #12264
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Spring Breakers - ??/10
is it fapable?
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #12265
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

/10
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #12266
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz

/10

I enjoyed that as far as modern horrors go. Much better than the crap that people enjoyed the year before: Insidious.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #12267
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i havent watched a movie in a while, whats there worth watching that has come out recently ( 2010-2013)?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #12268
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i havent watched a movie in a while, whats there worth watching that has come out recently ( 2010-2013)?

BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #12269
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
In the Name of the Father

8/10

I found this movie enjoyable and it encouraged me to do a little reading and research after its conclusion. One of the more interesting parts of the film was seeing those tense moments between father and son (Daniel Day-Lewis) where one could easily envision the future William Cutting, just sans mustache.
great movie. Its been decade plus since Ive seen it and still one of my favorite DDL flicks.

Re-watched the made for tv The Stand the other day. damn, terrible. still kind of entertaining but really poor acting and script. 5/10
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #12270
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Great call on In The Name Of The Father. One of the best films of the 90's.

I struggle between that and the Piano as the 2nd best film of 1993...a GREAT year for movies. The Piano is far from conventional, in story or tone and aesthetics. It's "artsy" done the way it should be done and it's a genuine masterpiece...In The Name Of The Father is a lot more simple but the harassment and the injustice is palpable and, like The Piano, it contains one of the best performances put to screen.

Holly Hunter is absolutely remarkable in The Piano.

I watched Shakespeare In Love two weeks ago, tho I don't remember rating it here. I also saw What Just Happened and Bringing Out The Dead a few days ago. This is the first time seeing Shakespeare In Love since I watched on video in 99...watching it now I think it's one hell of a film. The writing is quite terrific, tho the screenplay tries to do too many things. The sex is a little rushed and they live in it a little easily, especially considering the Paltrow character. I love her the second she appears onscreen. Joseph Fiennes is also terrific, tho I think more attention should have been paid to his pretentiousness. The rat boy is creepy for no reason other than to advance the plot. But the direction is superb and the actors are absolutely incredible, from top to bottom. I still don't get how Judi Dench won an Oscar, much less how she beat out one of the best performances in the history of the category (Kathy Bates) but she is awesome in her two scenes. Not sure if I think the film is very very good or if it's a great movie, but it's top 10 worthy.

What Just Happened...too sitcomy. It's funny but I have a hard time taking that Sean Penn movie seriously. Bruce Willis has a great cameo. The director of the Sean Penn movie is very good but his character is a bit ridiculous. I liked the realness of De Niro's relationships but they also hit the generic button a little early. The sock thing is really corny and just plain stupid. But I do think De Niro is great. His best performance in a while, tho that doesn't necessarily mean much.

Bringing Out The Dead...I saw it in theaters and it didn't quite reach me. It did here. Cage is terrific. Part of his appeal here is that he always remains a player and doesn't go over the role. The cinematography is really really great. I think Arquette was great and I dug Marc Anthony. John Goodman is always terrific, Rhames is terrific, Sizemore is terrific. It's funny and dark, depressed and poignant. I don't like the voice-over and the writing could have been refined a little, but the direction is never less than powerful. Had me from the beginning.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 03-29-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: