Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #12286
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
^^^^^^

It wasn't really much of a disappointment. Just different. Look at the bolded. The story was different, but it was still good. Not as much laughs as I thought, but still pretty funny.

I just meant that the way that you described it sounded like you were disappointed because you had "too high" of hopes and didn't find it very funny. It was almost like you were justifying giving it a low score even though I think of an 8 as high.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #12287
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Really funny, and great acting from Ferrell and Reilly.

7.5/10
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #12288
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Ted was honestly one of the best I've seen in 2012.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #12289
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Ted had a pretty epic fight scene though
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 AM   #12290
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Evil Dead - 8/10 Very pleased with this film as a fan of the original trilogy. I prefer the original trilogy for the humor, but what this lacked in humor it tried to make up by being more intense and bloody

Jurassic Park (IMAX 3D) - 9.5/10 I already knew this is a 9.5 for me because I have seen it many many times before, which is why I had to catch it on a big screen with giant speakers. The 3D was not the reason I went, but it was cool to see it in that form since I've seen it 2D many times before. Usually, I stop noticing the 3D in a movie after the first 10-15 minutes. In this movie, that mostly stayed true, but there were moments that I noticed it again, and one scene in particular was actually made quite a bit cooler in 3D (when the girl is falling through the ceiling and the camera looks down at her while a raptor is jumping up to get her. Probably the best post-production 3D I've seen (so this excludes movies like Prometheus and Avatar).
Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #12291
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just walked in from The Place Beyond the Pines.

I really loved it. I'll give it something high 80s.

I won't get too much into it. But I will say it had two really good performances by younger kids, one giving off genuine douche chills. And it was a really uniquely told story, with some crazy act breaks. The gripe I can see people having is that those act breaks left a couple things on the table, but I'm plenty alright with that.

And for the sake of full disclosure, a very good friend of mine did a lot of work editing this thing, so I'm pre-inclined to like it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #12292
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Watched the descent, great horror movie 8/10. Planning on watching the sequel when I get a chance
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #12293
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

8/10. This movie is one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #12294
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids
Memento
The King's Speech
Bunch of Connery James Bond movies
Braveheart
The Usual Suspects
The Hurt Locker
Midnight in Paris
Blade Runner
The Town
Million Dollar Baby
Pulp Fiction

There are some more but there's a whole shit load of movies on my DVR and on my Netflix instant queue I wanna get through soon. Shit's gonna take forever lol
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 AM   #12295
TheBrewer
Banned

TheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

the real BTE needs a bump
TheBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 AM   #12296
Myth

^ It never needs a bump for bump sake. It never goes more than a few days before somebody shares that they saw a movie.

Starsky & Hutch 7/10 - Haven't seen it since I saw it in theaters. No better and no worse than I remembered.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #12297
beastmode
CP3&BG&JxOVER&DJ&MB&JJ

beastmode has decent reputation

Oblivion was pretty good
beastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 AM   #12298
beastmode
CP3&BG&JxOVER&DJ&MB&JJ

beastmode has decent reputation

watched part of guilt trip, kinda boring
beastmode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #12299
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kumare- 7.5/10

A filmmaker who grew up in a religious (Hindu) family in New Jersey made a documentary about a fake religion and guru he created- Kumare. What starts out as an elaborate prank has some surprisingly poignant moments and revelations about people to go along with the comedy. On netflix right now.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #12300
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Movie 43 gets a WTF/10

2.5/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: