Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #12346
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

It's a disaster 7/10 good date movie

The Lord of Salem. A big WTF

Viral -1/10. Garbage
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #12347
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Burn After Reading - 8/10

A very well executed black comedy. Lots of hilarious moments..loved Brad Pitt's character. Malkovich played his role perfectly as a loony. I wanted the movie to be longer but on second thought, it was rather succinct. Overall a fun movie
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #12348
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vicky Cristina Barcelona - 7/10

A decent film..love Spain and the architecture and culture in the film. Also enjoy hearing the language being spoken. Penelope Cruz is stunning..and love Scar Jo with blonde hair. Bardem's character is probably the undisputed world's most interesting man. Would have loved more elaboration on the Cristina-Maria Elena lesbian moments but oh well
Old 05-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #12349
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has an OK reputation so far

Silver Lining playbook...

Pretty deep movie about depression and Bi polar disorder/ Love story...

(the chick wanted to watch it) on a deep emotional level = 8 / 10

on a entertainment man movie level = meh...

( the great aspect of the movie was how it captured the soul of the Philly people....props to the director)
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 AM   #12350
KevinNYC
RunThroughTheShots

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Yeah, that was really good. Bill Paxton is underrated. Another pretty good one was 'A Simple Plan' also with Paxton & Thornton.

Just watched "Serpico." Like Pacino's other effort from that time frame, "Dog Day Afternoon," it was a let-down given the high praise it had received. Decent enough, but far from great.

Yeah, I really like A Simple Plan Too. I'm a big fan of Serpico and Dog Day Afternoon as well. Both those movies have a feel for NYC that I appreciate. Two other NYC movies from that time I would recommend are The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 and Mean Streets. Mean Streets is low budget, but you could see Scorsese and DeNiro were both going to be Stars. I mentioned this the last time Serpico came up on here.

Quote:
I actually live quite close to the building where Serpico got shot and I was in a bar talking about this about two years ago and this guy turns around and says he lives in that building and his roomate became obsessed with Serpico when he found that out and actually tracked him down somehow and had a phone conversation with him.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #12351
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
Yeah, I really like A Simple Plan Too. I'm a big fan of Serpico and Dog Day Afternoon as well. Both those movies have a feel for NYC that I appreciate. Two other NYC movies from that time I would recommend are The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3 and Mean Streets. Mean Streets is low budget, but you could see Scorsese and DeNiro were both going to be Stars. I mentioned this the last time Serpico came up on here.
I've seen both and you're right, both were great. Can't say I've ever seen anything with Harvey Keitel that I didn't like.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #12352
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Star Trek: Into Darkness 8.5/10

So much better than Iron Man 3, and I didn't hate Iron Man 3 like many people here did.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #12353
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Frozen

6.5 - 10

Not too bad, actually. Nothing grand, but not bad. I was entertained.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #12354
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Frozen

6.5 - 10

Not too bad, actually. Nothing grand, but not bad. I was entertained.

I remember that movie. I enjoyed it as well. Pretty disturbing.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #12355
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gangsters Squad - 5/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #12356
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Lost in Translation - 4/10 - This was so incredibly dull and boring. It had a 95% on RT and 7.8 on imdb so no way I'd not like it? Was set in Tokyo with Bill Murray and early Scar Jo. Nothing happened the whole movie, was depressing and weird. The ****?

Rent - 5/10 - GF made us watch this. Another snoozefest and I don't like musicals anyway.

Inglorious Basterds - 7.5/10 - Well it was on TNT last night, watched like 80% of it, but have seen bits and pieces of it before too, so not sure how much of the movie I haven't seen...but nearly all of it so, oh well. Was pretty good.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #12357
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jack Reacher- 4-10

One of the worst movies ever
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #12358
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Maniac

6.5/10
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #12359
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Eh. 6/10
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #12360
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sugarland Express

7.5/10
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: