Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #12361
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I've watched a ton of documentaries during my recoup here.

A couple Hollywood insider pieces. Something about the MPAA ratings board, that was OK. One about screenwriters, which was meh. One about the history of American Horror Movies that was good.

Then I watched a bunch of skateboarding docs for reasons I can't fully explain. I used to skate as a kid, and I was pretty good and really loved it, but I stopped by 15. I did love the Dog Town and Z Boys documentary, thought it was a lot better than the movie. So I watched The Bones Brigade doc, which is really closer to my era, than the Dog Town stuff. Then I watched the Danny Way doc, that covered his mega jumping the Great Wall of China. And I watched the Christian Hosoi doc. I really liked all of them.

I watched a comedy roundtable discussion with Bill Hader, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, and Jim Carey. I was hoping it'd be as good as the one HBO aired a few years ago with Ricky Gervais, Rock, Louis CK, and Seinfeld, but it wasn't. Still watchable. It's only an hour.

I watched the South Park Doc about how they go from no script to airing an episode in 6 days, which was awesome.

And I watched The Woman Who Wasn't There, a doc about a woman who faked being at the WTC during 9/11, and claimed she lost a fiance' there too, for reasons that are never clear, other than that she's a nutjob. That was interesting, but leaving her motives out, made it less than spectacular, even though she ditched the project after being found out, and getting that motive was impossible, it still made for too many questions after watching than before. Crazy story though.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #12362
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Movies I've watched recently...

Iron Man 3 (7.5)

The Place Beyond the Pines (7.25)

The Perks of being a Wallflower (7.75)

The Number 23 (5.0) ....My ex-girlfriend told me this was a good movie so I bought it and just got around to watching it... now i know why it didn't work out

Star Trek (?) I was really tired and was fallin asleep during the movie so I can't really give it a fair grade... ill just say it isn't my thing (I've never seen any Star Trek movies or shows besides this)

Oblivion (6.25)

G.I. Joe Retaliation (6.5)
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #12363
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hangover 3 - 5.5/10

Was better than part 2. More action less comedy than the previous ones.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #12364
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Hangover 3 - 5.5/10

Was better than part 2. More action less comedy than the previous ones.
Hangover 3's out now?! I thought it'd be another month or two.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #12365
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Hangover 3's out now?! I thought it'd be another month or two.

Yeah, it was released on Thursday.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #12366
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Fast & Furious 6 - 8/10

Really enjoyed this movie.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #12367
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Schindler's List - 10/10

- Amazingly depressing. Definitely makes my top 20 favorite films of all-time list.

1. The Shawshank Redemption
2. The Usual Suspects
3. Se7en
4. Leon: The Professional
5. The Godfather
6. Primal Fear
7. Schindler's List
8. Fight Club
9. Heat
10. Snatch
11. Into the Wild
12. The Departed
13. Forrest Gump
14. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
15. The Prestige
16. No Country for Old Men
17. Inception
18. The Shining
19. Shutter Island
20. Good Will Hunting
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #12368
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^
I thought Schlinders list was okay. Movie just seemed to drag on and we kinda all knew what was going to happen.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #12369
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Epic - 6/10. Took my daughter yesterday. Too scary and violent for little kids but it essentially is a movie for little kids. Last 30 or so minutes was real good though, huge battle scene and was pretty dramatic for a kids film.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #12370
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I watched a comedy roundtable discussion with Bill Hader, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, and Jim Carey. I was hoping it'd be as good as the one HBO aired a few years ago with Ricky Gervais, Rock, Louis CK, and Seinfeld, but it wasn't. Still watchable. It's only an hour.

Didn't know they did that. I won't watch though, because Carey's comedy is mostly physical and I don't need his philosophy on things. I already know a lot about Stiller and Rock. I like Hader a lot but he does mostly impressions that I don't need to hear about.

Might check it out if I'm extremely bored.

Talking Funny was great, even though it would've been 10x better without Gervais mucking things up.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #12371
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Didn't know they did that. I won't watch though, because Carey's comedy is mostly physical and I don't need his philosophy on things. I already know a lot about Stiller and Rock. I like Hader a lot but he does mostly impressions that I don't need to hear about.

Might check it out if I'm extremely bored.

Talking Funny was great, even though it would've been 10x better without Gervais mucking things up.

You should watch it. I'm not a huge Carey or Stiller guy, but the format is great. Rock really takes a backseat in these things. He did in the other thing too. Its not so much philosophy as it is behind the scenes sorta things. Carey's personality is still very dominant. But talk about SNL, working together, working with common people. Its just interesting.
If you liked the other one (and I agree Gervaise was too pervasive) like I did, you'll almost certainly like this. And hey ... its only 50 minutes.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #12372
Myth

The past one with Louis CK was great. I'd like to catch the new one some time.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #12373
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Ted: .5/10- Fk**ing dreadful, unfunny, painfully obvious crap with bad acting. The fact that this movie was successful and people actually thought it was funny make me weep for humanity.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #12374
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Where The Wild Things Are - 8/10

Control - 7/10

The Hurt Locker - 9/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 AM   #12375
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lucky Number Slevin - 7/10

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: