Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 AM   #12376
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Ted: .5/10- Fk**ing dreadful, unfunny, painfully obvious crap with bad acting. The fact that this movie was successful and people actually thought it was funny make me weep for humanity.

Sorry you were raped so badly that you lost the ability to laugh. I feel sorry for you.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #12377
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Star Trek Into Darkness
Either a 5 or 6/10. I'll have to see it again on blu-ray.
- Either way, a disappointing entry into the Star Trek series. It was mostly just a lot of flashy dumb stuff occurring simply for the sake of it looking cool. To its credit, the set pieces really did look awesome. But it was empty in terms of story and characterization. This was basically the "Fast and the Furious" version of Star Trek. Not as good as the 2009 reboot movie and not even close to as good as some of the older ones in the series.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #12378
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gangster Squad - 6.5/10

Thought it'd be bad, but thought it was decent an enjoyable anyway. It was much less serious than i expected though. Biggest flaws were underdeveloped characters and just poor script. Seemed like an Untouchables rip off too. Oh well, was fun anyway.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #12379
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Gangster Squad - 6.5/10

Thought it'd be bad, but thought it was decent an enjoyable anyway. It was much less serious than i expected though. Biggest flaws were underdeveloped characters and just poor script. Seemed like an Untouchables rip off too. Oh well, was fun anyway.
Looks like they were going for the style over substance idea but forgot to do half of the needed work. It felt lazy which made it utterly predictable.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #12380
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Ted: .5/10- Fk**ing dreadful, unfunny, painfully obvious crap with bad acting. The fact that this movie was successful and people actually thought it was funny make me weep for humanity.

loosen up...
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 AM   #12381
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Identity - 8.5/10

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #12382
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Holy Motors 6/10

Loved certain scenes of it, but the film didn't do it for me as a whole. Not usually into the art house vibe, I prefer my movies to make some sense.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #12383
D-Rose

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Robot and Frank - 5/10

Saw some rave reviews for this so was expecting so much. Was so boring and stale. It was classified under comedy at redbox and was just downright depressing, how the hell is this a comedy? Had some interesting concepts and futuristic inventions but...so meh.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #12384
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Holy Motors 6/10

Loved certain scenes of it, but the film didn't do it for me as a whole. Not usually into the art house vibe, I prefer my movies to make some sense.
That movie was garbage. Plain and simple. I do often like arthouse and metaphorical movies, but Holy Motors was just shit for me. 0/10.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #12385
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Epic - 6/10. Took my daughter yesterday. Too scary and violent for little kids but it essentially is a movie for little kids. Last 30 or so minutes was real good though, huge battle scene and was pretty dramatic for a kids film.

Wait a minute... you have a child? Wow, that's incredibly sad.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #12386
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Robot and Frank - 5/10

Saw some rave reviews for this so was expecting so much. Was so boring and stale. It was classified under comedy at redbox and was just downright depressing, how the hell is this a comedy? Had some interesting concepts and futuristic inventions but...so meh.

I enjoyed it. It is definitely more of a dramady than a comedy, with some obvious sci-fi mixed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
That movie was garbage. Plain and simple. I do often like arthouse and metaphorical movies, but Holy Motors was just shit for me. 0/10.

The narrative/story was crap, so I can see that perspective. I just loved the visuals, the music, and the acting of the main character enough to get some enjoyment out of it. And some of the scenes, as random as they were, really had me intrigued.

Loved this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twcbKbLQUuA
Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #12387
D-Rose

Anyone else seen this?

Fat Kid Rules the World - 6.5/10 - Was surprisingly decent. The fat kid played his role really well and was likeable. The story had a lot more depth and emotion to it than you'd expect. Good redbox flick, not typical high school movie.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #12388
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jacob's Ladder - 7.5/10

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #12389
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Karate Kid (new)

Actually, a pretty damn solid movie. Way better than I had originally expected. I'd give a very well deserved 8.5/10.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #12390
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ToyStory 3 - 10/10

No lie, I love this movie. The creators did a great job in finishing off the trilogy with a lot of suspense and a heart warming ending.
I watched it in theaters when it first came out, but today was my first time seeing it at home.
I'm hoping for a ToyStory 4, but I doubt it'll happen. If it doesn't, I'm satisfied with knowing everything ended well for Woody, Buzz & the gang... Until Molly turns into a teen and stops playing with them!
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: