Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-03-2013, 06:19 AM   #12406
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
I watched that recently too. Great suspense thriller, I correctly guessed "whodunnit" about halfway through, but the threw enough decoys and red-herrings at me that I was second-guessing myself until the very end. VERY well made flick, I highly recommend.
Gotta love psychological thrillers that keeps you guessing and have a twist ending. Definitely my favorite movie genre.

Anyway, I watched this one yesterday:

Exam - 6.5/10. The movie was good, but I'm a bit disappointed with the ending.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #12407
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Exam - 6.5/10. The movie was good, but I'm a bit disappointed with the ending.

The problem with that movie is the whole movie was a mystery leading to the end. When movies like that have disappointing endings, it kind of ruins the entire movie.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #12408
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
The problem with that movie is the whole movie was a mystery leading to the end. When movies like that have disappointing endings, it kind of ruins the entire movie.

Yep. I would've given it an 8/10 but the ending blew it.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:26 AM   #12409
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fast & furious 6 - 7/10

i knew what to expect, so i enjoyed the movie. car chases, explosions, the rock fight scenes, never mind the plot..great popcorn movie

jack the giant slayer - 6.5/10

some parts of the cgi were really bad, like a low budget movie. i expected more since it was supposedly the better movie compared to oz the wizard slayer (or something)

hansel and gretel - 6/10

had low expectations as well, was not terribly disappointed. gretel is hot.

Last edited by magic chiongson : 06-04-2013 at 03:28 AM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #12410
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Anyone else seen this?

Fat Kid Rules the World - 6.5/10 - Was surprisingly decent. The fat kid played his role really well and was likeable. The story had a lot more depth and emotion to it than you'd expect. Good redbox flick, not typical high school movie.

I enjoyed it as well. I thought it was gonna be the typical loser kid blah blah cliche cliche. But while it did have some of that, it really became unique in its own way. Loved some of the music on it, too bad they don't have an OST. The fat kid was on point, but the dude that looked like Kurt Cobain was good too.

If you enjoyed that one there's another on Netflix that you might like called 'Humble Pie' it's about a 6.5-7 range as well.

Speaking of High school loser films, have you seen Bart Got a Room? another decent flick.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #12411
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Anyone else seen this?

Fat Kid Rules the World - 6.5/10 - Was surprisingly decent. The fat kid played his role really well and was likeable. The story had a lot more depth and emotion to it than you'd expect. Good redbox flick, not typical high school movie.
I actually backed that movie on Kickstarter when Matthew Lillard was raising $ for it. Got a copy of the songs Matt Cameron (drummer from Pearl Jam) did for the soundtrack on vinyl.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #12412
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Frailty - 7.5/10

Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #12413
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flight-8/10

Had some overly dramatic cliched plot fillers but overall very entertaining. John Goodman was hilarious and Denzel delivers yet another Oscar-worthy performance.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #12414
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Con Air - 6.5/10

- Great action flick but that cheesy ending scene with the song 'How do I Live' by Celine Dion playing in the background, Jesus Christ it made me cringe.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #12415
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The last few movies I've watched:

Looper - 8.7/10

Inception - 8.2/10

Cloud Atlas - 7.1/10

Iron Man 2 - 7.5/10

It would seem that either I overrate movies, or have a good sense of what I'd enjoy and what I wouldn't.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #12416
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz

I love me some Con Air.

Great cast too...... Nick Cage, Cuzak, Malkovich, Dave Chapelle, Danny Trejo, Ving Rhames.....
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #12417
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Pain and Gain - 7.5/10

I thought it would be better. I'm kinda mad they glorified a real life murders and criminals though.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #12418
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I love me some Con Air.

Great cast too...... Nick Cage, Cuzak, Malkovich, Dave Chapelle, Danny Trejo, Ving Rhames.....

some have argued it's the greatest movie ever made

u got ur nic cage for action

malkovich for acting

chapelle for the laughs

and cusack for the gays
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #12419
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
I love me some Con Air.

Don't forget Steve Buscemi.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:54 AM   #12420
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Perks of being a Wallflower - 8/10

Very enjoyable film with some tough scenes and subplots. Haven't read the book, but the others with me that did enjoyed the film as well. Very well made and directed.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: