Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #12541
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
Huge fan of the series, Before Sunset is my favorite. First one came out when I was in high school and had an impact on me, had no idea they ever planned to do another and was floored by the second one when it came out. I hear you on the most recent one, it was fantastic but it definitely soiled some of the romance of the first two with some harsh realities of relationships. Still just painfully brilliant though. They've mastered the ability to turn 2 hours of conversation into a can't-miss series. I hope they make these movies every 10 years as long as the actors are alive, it'll never get old to me. Linklater is the man, he's got this "untitled 12 year project" (google it) that he's working on where he's had these two kids (his daughter and another kid) and filmed them for a couple weeks every year for 12 years and the story is about them in this time so they just started principle photography on the bulk of the story. Needless to say my interest is piqued.

I think they'll make at least another Before movie. It seems like they have a great process and all really love working with each other... Plus they're cheap to make.

Hadn't heard about that other thing, sounds like it could be cool. I'll admit, even though it sounds like blasphemy to most people I hate Dazed and Confused and Scanner Darkly.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #12542
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I've never seen, nor had any real interest in seeing, any of the Sunset / Sunrise movies. It sounds like I should.

Honestly, based on your taste in stuff I think you'd really like them. Some people think they're pretentious and stupid though.

They're kind of like a mix between My Dinner With Andre and Eternal Sunshine.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #12543
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

AMERICAN MOVIE

Hilarious documentary bout a middle aged eccentric 'loser' who wants to complete his short film with the help of hopeless, drug-destroyed friends & loyal family including his hilarious uncle who is pessimistic about the success yet still provides funding.

They are from Milwaukee, Wisconsin so the accents alone are entertaining but the filmmaker is just an underachiever with a passion for making his film.

It's gold- hilarious & still has heart. I highly recommend, esp if u enjoy documentaries that are 'slice of life' bout people who would generally not get much attention.

This film is highly quotable in an odd way
8.8/10
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #12544
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

7.5/10

I didn't like the story. Action was good though
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #12545
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cedar Rapids- 7.5/10 - A great little comedy flick that'll make you feel good. It's fairly predictable but funny, honest, and quirky. I enjoyed it.

Watched a bunch of espn docs...fab five, the announcement, and **** can't remember any more... all good stuff.

Seven Psychopaths - 5/10... I honestly thought this was a giant waste of time.

Craigslist Joe - 6/10 - good idea and had heart but not very well produced.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #12546
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

9/10
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #12547
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Unforgiven 8.5/10

Glory 7.5/10

Snatch 9/10

Meet Joe Black 7.5/10

Last edited by LBJ 23 : 08-18-2013 at 09:24 AM.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #12548
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Kick Ass 2

Whatever, it had its moments. Im not a pacificist but the violence in this movie was just lame, especially the attempted rape scene.

3.9/10
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #12549
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fruitvale Station- 8.5/10

After a summer of mostly terrible and disappointing bloated CGI big budget crapfests, it was refreshing to see a smaller scale movie (only cost $900K to make) deliver. Ryan Coogler just made a name for himself with his debut and I look forward to seeing what he will accomplish with more seasoning and experience. The acting was solid all around, especially by Jordan aka Wallace. I liked how they just mostly told the story and let it play out organically without using cheesy tactics to try to pull at the audience's heartstrings. They showed the good and the bad of Oscar Grant and didn't try to paint him as an infallable saint, just as what he was- a human being who had flaws but was trying to get himself together for the people he loved. Even though you know how it will all end, the finale still packs a big emotional punch.

Coogler and Jordan will be teaming up again to do 'Creed' with Jordan playing the grandson of Rocky Balboa's one time nemesis and later best friend. Idea sounds ridiculous at first glance, but I'm willing to keep an open mind about it.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #12550
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
Kick Ass 2

Whatever, it had its moments. Im not a pacificist but the violence in this movie was just lame, especially the attempted rape scene.

3.9/10

it felt like a kids movie, but with dick jokes and gory violence

the young girl is the only redeeming tihng in the movie.

and didnt they say that she was 15, and the male lead was 18, and they kissed at the end!?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #12551
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Confession of Murder 10/10

Last edited by TheReal Kendall : 08-18-2013 at 10:47 PM.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #12552
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Presumed Innocent: 6/10. Interesting but saw the twist coming. Also the unnecessarily graphic Harrison Ford sex scenes were just sorta weird. I really don't need to see him sucking on some broad's nipple.

Primal Fear: 6/10. Norton and Gere were good, but again we all saw that twist coming.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #12553
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

Elysium 6/10

Nice story, bland delivery. Too much slow motion and predictable plot. Maybe i'm expecting a bit too much since its has the same director that made district 9.
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #12554
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Intouchables 8/10

50/50 8.4/10
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #12555
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Adaptation - 10/10

Almost Famous - 10/10

Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: