Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #12586
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Ill check it out.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #12587
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now You See Me 4/10

Stoker 9/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #12588
iTare
BTE Chess King

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Town: 9/10
iTare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #12589
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

about time 7/10

rom com about time travel is the tag line for it. it had a weird pace. there wasnt really any central plot, like one thing running through the whole movie. it was almost like a biopic, just telling a very factual story. the last 30 mins were pretty great though, a little sappy, but i really liked it.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #12590
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

American Beauty: 8.5/10

I avoided watching it for a long time, because it was so hyped but i'm glad I did. It really did live up to the extreme hype. The kid next door was needlessly pretentious though.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #12591
clipse026
Local High School Star

clipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected posterclipse026 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Now You See Me 4/10

Stoker 9/10
I really liked Stoker. It took me forever to find it since it wasn't in theaters by me when it came out. Loved that ending song too.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #12592
iTare
BTE Chess King

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Goodfellas: 10/10
iTare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #12593
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
I really liked Stoker. It took me forever to find it since it wasn't in theaters by me when it came out. Loved that ending song too.

I was glad he didn't tone down the tone and disturbing stuff for the American audience (Kind of like how The Last Stand felt). And yeah, I haven't given any 9s in a while.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #12594
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I usually only write about stuff that I see in the theatres, but I watched Safety Not Guaranteed the other night on Netflix and enjoyed it quite a bit. It's obviously quircky, and not for everyone, but for that type of what was really a romantic comedy, I thought it was excellent.

I'm not a huge fan of the Mark Duplass as an actor. But I know he writes and produces and directs and all sorts of other stuff, and he is consistently involved in interesting stuff, even if I don't care for him on screen all the time. I'm all in on Aubrey Plaza. And I like that they let the traditional storyline, with the guy chasing the old flame, not work, and let it lie there like that. Personally, I enjoyed the ending as well, which I'm sure bothered a lot of people. It's not groundbreaking or anything, but I'd give it a mid to high 70s, and recommend to anyone who enjoys a little surrealism mixed in with their romantic comedy.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #12595
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

prisoners 8.5/10
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #12596
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gravity- 9/10

Some of the absolute best camera work I've ever seen. The visuals are stunning. I'd love to see a behind the scenes making of documentary of this. Just some of the things they were able to pull off, I've never seen in film before. I think this will win a ton of gold statues, especially on the technical/effects side. This is definitely something you watch on a big screen in 3-D. I kind of want to see it again in IMAX.

Last edited by DonDadda59 : 10-05-2013 at 07:05 PM.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #12597
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This Is The End - 3.5/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #12598
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"A Hijacking."

Got incredible reviews on RT so I checked it out. Two hours of the most unimaginative, plodding, shallow, distant account of a ship's crew being held hostage and a guy negotiating for their release. This is literally how the movie goes:

1) Ship commandeered.
2) Terrorists want 15 mill, company offers 250,000.
3) Terrorists go down to 12 mill, company offers 900,000.
4) Company CEO consoles families in the most disconnected, unemotional way possible.
5) Terrorists want 9 mill, company offers 2.8.
6) Terrorists accept 3.3 and leave ship.
7) End of movie.

Keep in mind the entire negotiation process is cordial and professional, and every single negotiation is a guy in a boardroom talking into a phone with a guy on the ship. Totally flat, unsympathetic characters, zero plot to speak of (seriously this was probably written in 15 minutes)...just hot garbage. I can't say enough bad things about this movie, it didn't have a single redeeming quality. I kept watching assuming one of the top-reviewed movies in 2013 MUST have a payoff, but the only possibly "payoff" you could describe is brought on by a character's inexplicable idiocy and callousness totally in contrast with what they'd tried to develop the previous 1.5 hours. Do not watch, avoid at all costs, this was terrible.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #12599
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw three movies this weekend that I wanted to talk about.

First is Room 237, which is a doc about Kubrick's The Shining, that I wanted to see when it came out, but never got around to. I was reminded of it after reading an article about Steven King on Grantland.
What a nice find over Chinese food on a lazy Friday Night with early morning work looming Saturday. It's basically a jumbled editing of five seperate conversations with various people who have some wild theories on the film's subtext.
The content varies from mind blowingly insightful, to comically insane, to sadly hoping these people are getting professional help, often within the same sentence.
If you're into these types of film subtext sort of discussions, you have to see this movie. It's like you're passing a bong around with a bunch of film study majors in a dorm somewhere.

I really enjoyed some of the theries. The Indian Holocust symbolism was a good one. The moon landing stuff was cool. The lady who made the hotel maps was entertaining. There are also moments that make no sense whatsoever. There's a guy who makes all these imagery claims, who say's Kubrick's face appears in the the clouds in the credits. The film makers go through it frame by frame while he explains it. Only for the filmmakers to leave the image up showing almost nothing. My only regret is that I wasn't chilling stoned with my buddy who's totally into these sort of things. A fn watch that I'd give a low 80s to, but if you're into that type of thing, you'll love.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #12600
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^ Yeah Thorpe I watched that back in like February or March. I think a lot of the stuff in it could hold water... But that hidden image one just didn't make sense. You couldn't see dick in those clouds, and the hotel man talking to Jack when it looks like he got a boner is just pure happenstance.

The Indian stuff, impossible window, and moon stuff was all amazing though. Kubrick was smart enough to film that way.

I got a few people to watch this as well, and so far all reviews have been positive. I wish there was more weird deconstruction stuff around.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: