Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #12631
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Counselor

Walked out/10
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #12632
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

The Iceman 7.5/10
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #12633
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

No one has seen Captain Phillips yet?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #12634
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

rosemary's baby 5/10

i was just looking for a scary movie, and i heard this had something to do with a cult. i loved eyes wide shut, and was hoping for something of the same, but was very disappointed. maybe if i hadnt been expecting a truly scary movie, i would have enjoyed it. it felt like it was building towards some big scary climax, but the ending was pretty underwhelming.

i cant remember the last time i was so disappointed with a movie. i heard this was a classic horror movie, but it wasnt scary at all.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #12635
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the internship

3/5
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #12636
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

The Colony 3.5/10

turrible
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #12637
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
The Counselor

Walked out/10

That's really unfortunate. I was mildly excited for this based on the writer, director, cast, etc.

Then it got released, and I checked some reviews before intending to make it my Saturday afternoon matinee leaving work, and it was not looking good. Like a 30 on the tomatoe meter. I don't usually read reviews, but I do check the Tomatoe Meter, and usually if something is below 70, unless the content is just right up my alley, I just won't waste my time on. 30 is just not gonna make the cut.
The last Rotten movie I saw was Killing Them Softly, and I wound up not liking that very much.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #12638
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN- 6.5/10

Technically, this was a very well made and acted film. Tilda Swinton was great as a traumatized, scapegoat figure. John C. Reilly showed pretty good dramatic chops as the oblivious, dumbass dad of an oddball, lunatic son.

I guess I rank this lower becuase it was just too bleak and disturbing to be enjoyable. I know the purpose of the narrative kinda but it was overly dark with very little explanation/ insight as to why.

This is an indy film that it pretty evocative and well-done but it just brought very little entertainment value to the viewer.

For a psychological piece, not enough was donw to make me buy the son's personality.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #12639
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN- 6.5/10

Technically, this was a very well made and acted film. Tilda Swinton was great as a traumatized, scapegoat figure. John C. Reilly showed pretty good dramatic chops as the oblivious, dumbass dad of an oddball, lunatic son.

I guess I rank this lower becuase it was just too bleak and disturbing to be enjoyable. I know the purpose of the narrative kinda but it was overly dark with very little explanation/ insight as to why.

This is an indy film that it pretty evocative and well-done but it just brought very little entertainment value to the viewer.

For a psychological piece, not enough was donw to make me buy the son's personality.
Man, that movie was very disturbing.

It also produced one of the most disturbing gifs ever:

irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #12640
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol I kno right? Kid was super mixed. Film made me feel icky which I am not opposed to but not enough insight was given to why he was so fcked.

Evil SOB from birth in a realistic setting? Dunno,dude isn't Michael Myers
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #12641
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gravity gets a solid 7.5/10. Special effects were awesome in IMAX but the main character sucked and even the cool 3d effects couldn't make up for the lack of interesting story and characters

red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #12642
riseagainst
Banned

riseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat coolriseagainst is considered somewhat cool

Triangle (2009)

9.5/10
mind blown/10
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #12643
Out_In_Utah
High School JV MVP

Out_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainst
Triangle (2009)

9.5/10
mind blown/10

Don't you love finding those overlooked movies, expecting something OK, and then it turns out to be awesome? Not much better in life.
Out_In_Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #12644
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

2 Guns
3/10
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #12645
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Scarface 10/10

Yeah I do realize the movie came out 30 years ago, why you hatin?

Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: