Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #12916
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
47 Ronin - 0.5/10

Worst ****ing movie I've ever seen. Wtf

any titties in the movie?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #12917
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected posterTheMarkMadsen is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
47 Ronin - 0.5/10

i thought trailer looked cool..

was it really that bad?
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #12918
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
any titties in the movie?

Nah, titties is an automatic 3 points. But there was a sexy witch. Kinda hot, but she wasn't even the hottest Asian I saw at the movies today.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:45 PM   #12919
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

was it really that bad?

The trailer and the movie were two very different things.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #12920
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
47 Ronin - 0.5/10

wait, tell me, did you like that other keanue reeves movie called "Man of Tai Chi"?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:46 AM   #12921
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Out of the Furnace

watched this today, 6/10

so much pretensions. the director really wanted this to be an american classic of sorts, but the slew of religious motifs, political insinuations cannot mask the fact the movie really doesn't have anything profound to say
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:34 AM   #12922
AI Thornton
Homage to Al Thornton

AI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

was it really that bad?

It looked like a horrible CGI crapfest to me. Not surprised to hear terrible reviews.
AI Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 AM   #12923
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're Next 3/10. The most ridiculous movie I've ever seen in awhile.

Just watched this and loved it. Actually had some decent twists and turns for a home invasion slasher among a few other things, knew it got pretty good reviews for a horror flick but didn't want to get my hopes up. Start of it had some of that creepiness that reminded me of The Strangers too.

Can understand somebody not feeling it tho. In it's defense the plot is about people invading a house with animals masks, ridiculous was probably unavoidable before things even got started
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #12924
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

dallas buyers club 8/10

i didnt think mcconaughey could act, but he was amazing, jared leto too, both are almost unrecognisable, i didnt realise it was leto until at least halfway through the movie.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #12925
iTare
BTE Chess King

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anchorman 2: While high 10/10
Sober 8/10
iTare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #12926
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
dallas buyers club 8/10

i didnt think mcconaughey could act, but he was amazing, jared leto too, both are almost unrecognisable, i didnt realise it was leto until at least halfway through the movie.

McConaughey is a very good actor, he just made poor decisions on which roles to take in the past. He has been on a roll recently.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #12927
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

catch me if you can 9.5/10
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #12928
Pra
Dance Gavin Dance!

Pra has decent reputation

Quote:
47 Ronin - 0.5/10

Yeah man that movie blew....
Pra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #12929
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Grave Encounters: 6/10

Run of the mill found footage. Bad but hilarious to watch because of campy scenes.

Grave Encounters 2: 5/10

Has zero suspense, which the original pretended it had. It's almost 100% jump scares and treads the same water the original did, except this time it's neither new or exciting. Still funny campy scenes, but not enough to carry the film.

Cabin in the Woods: 8/10

As funny as ever.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #12930
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

12 Years A Slave: 8.5/10

Very powerful and brutal. Ejiofor and Fassbender both did some award-worthy work here and the supporting cast were mostly great. I didn't know much about the kidnapping industry during Slavery, it's crazy to think that happened to many people- One day you're living your life the next you're someone's property. I still think that 'Black movies' need to become more diverse than the hackneyed domestic help/slave and buffoon paradigm, but this was a very well-made film and should do well come award season.

I think my only real issue with the film could be viewed as a nitpick but... why did the dialogue consist largely of Shakespearean verse? That really threw me off- I could understand Northup since he was a free man and clearly well-educated, but the life-long slaves who were intentionally and systematically kept ignorant? I'm not saying that it should've been forced 'slave lingo' ala Roots, but it was still very odd.
DonDadda59 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: