Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #13036
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
King of the Monsters, perhaps? If so, I loved that game.

That's the one. Tons of money spent on that game.
COnDEMnED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #13037
T_L_P
Tim Duncan's Dunking

T_L_P has an OK reputation so far

The Master -- best film of the 2010s, by far
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #13038
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P
The Master -- best film of the 2010s, by far

I liked the acting and the filming, but didn't care about the story.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #13039
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2/10

this was on cable the other night, was laying in bed with the wifey, gave it a watch.

Rock of Ages is one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I am a 80s kid too who loves cheezy hair metal. If this can't appeal to me? then I don't know who could like it, perhaps an 80s female looking to hear horribly remade music by Tom Crusie

It is absolutely impossible to take Tom Cruise seriously in this, the little bits of comedy they have in it aren't funny at all, the music is much worse than the original, the story sucks...all in all the only reason it is a 2 and not a 1 from me is because there are a few hot females, and that is it, that is the only reason to watch this.

please avoid at all costs, it's not worth your time
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #13040
T_L_P
Tim Duncan's Dunking

T_L_P has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I liked the acting and the filming, but didn't care about the story.

If it were by any other director (not foreign) I would feel the same, but I was expecting a film low on plot and high on character, just because it was Paul Thomas Anderson

Which film do you think has been the best this decade so far?
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #13041
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P
If it were by any other director (not foreign) I would feel the same, but I was expecting a film low on plot and high on character, just because it was Paul Thomas Anderson

Which film do you think has been the best this decade so far?

There are countless movies I preferred over The Master, but as far as high quality Oscar type movies I'd put 12 Years a Slave above it without hesitation for me.

Btw, I do love Paul Thomas Anderson. That film just didn't work for me like his other ones did.

Last edited by Myth : 01-14-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #13042
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

2/10

this was on cable the other night, was laying in bed with the wifey, gave it a watch.

Rock of Ages is one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I am a 80s kid too who loves cheezy hair metal. If this can't appeal to me? then I don't know who could like it, perhaps an 80s female looking to hear horribly remade music by Tom Crusie

It is absolutely impossible to take Tom Cruise seriously in this, the little bits of comedy they have in it aren't funny at all, the music is much worse than the original, the story sucks...all in all the only reason it is a 2 and not a 1 from me is because there are a few hot females, and that is it, that is the only reason to watch this.

please avoid at all costs, it's not worth your time

I heard the Broadway Rock of Ages crew do a halftime show at the first annual Pinstripe Bowl, Syracuse vs. KState, probably 3 years ago, maybe 2. I've seen the Broadway show since, and two off broadway productions. All were quite entertaining. When I heard about the movie I had a bad feeling, and saw the reviews, and skipped it, but like you, I watched it laying in bed on cable finally, and it is truely awfull. Other than the erection the scene with Malin Ackerman gives me, there's not a redeemable thing in this movie. And like you, it's right in my wheelhouse.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #13043
Lonely_Sandberg
Serious playground baller

Lonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation hereLonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation hereLonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation hereLonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation hereLonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation hereLonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation hereLonely_Sandberg has an incredible reputation here

Thoughts on Golden Globes? I was happy.

Lonely_Sandberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #13044
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Incendies

9.5/10

WOW. Great ****ing film and I don't know If one of you guys reviewed it here.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:19 AM   #13045
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

I knew going into it the other night that After Earth was considered one of the worst movies of the year and I knew who directed it (lol), but my family was keen on watching it so I gave it a go.

I actually enjoyed it. It was fun and looked great. The acting wasn't too great and the whole movie was corny as hell, but it was fun and looked fantastic in my opinion. Nothing spectacular, but it was enjoyable. 7/10

Also watched Meet the Millers last night and it was a solid comedy. 7/10 also.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #13046
moe94
beef?got the right mac

moe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
I knew going into it the other night that After Earth was considered one of the worst movies of the year and I knew who directed it (lol), but my family was keen on watching it so I gave it a go.

I actually enjoyed it. It was fun and looked great. The acting wasn't too great and the whole movie was corny as hell, but it was fun and looked fantastic in my opinion. Nothing spectacular, but it was enjoyable. 7/10

Also watched Meet the Millers last night and it was a solid comedy. 7/10 also.

You went in with low expectations and had fun. That's how to do it.

Meet the Millers was pretty good. Ed Helms was the best part of the film. Weird thing is I went through most of the film having no idea Ron Swanson was in the film. At one point, his face just clicked with me and my mind was blown.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:03 AM   #13047
Angel Face
The Bull

Angel Face has an OK reputation so far

The Wolf of Wall Street - 9/10
Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #13048
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Elysium- 6/10

Movie was uneven but some things bothered me.

Props for a futuristic film in L.A. actually having Latinos in it not only did they have Latinos in it they were the majority.

They had good actors but the acting was shitty.

Also, why wasn't Elysium guarded better? mufuhkas invade it and where is the security forces? Where?!?!?

Many scenes left me

Action wasn't impressive, nothing stood out at all.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #13049
moe94
beef?got the right mac

moe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What did you think of District 9?^
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #13050
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
What did you think of District 9?^

The director tried to have the same look and feel in Elysium that he did in District 9 but failed imo. Just wasn't buying it.

District 9>>> Elysium

Elysium just seemed half baked on many levels. Beginning with the script.

District 9= 8/10
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: