Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #13141
ZeN
Stormblessed

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Argo - 8.5/10
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #13142
ihoopallday
King James

Homefront. Starring Jason Statham and James Franco. 7/10
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #13143
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

A Walk Among Tombstones trailers flooding every site i frequent

not gonna lie, the campaign has been effective. I'm very intrigued
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #13144
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Friend threw small party where we drank and watched Disney movies all day.

A Goofy Movie 6.5/10
Aladdin 8/10
Hercules 6/10
Toy Story 3 8/10
Lilo & Stitch 7/10

Never realized until this viewing of Lilo & Stitch (2nd time seeing, first was over 10 years ago) that Stitch is based on Gremlins. Similar voice, didn't like the flash photography, water was bad for it. The most interesting part was towards the end there was essentially a bathroom buddy thrown followed shortly afterwards by a VW Beetle.

Also, watched Gremlins 1 and 2 earlier in the week, which is probably why those things stood out so much.

Gremlins 9/10
Gremlines 2 7/10 (way underrated, perfect parody of part 1)
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #13145
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
NO you don't get it fggit, I understand that you don't care what type of monster they were, my point was that if you didn't know they were vampires then obviously you didn't even bother to watch the movie.

Understand yet or no???... Having to explain this shit 3 times now, I suppose I can do it a fourth if you need me to.

Didn't know they were vamps = didn't really watch the movie
Didn't know they were vamps =/= you give a shit wether they were vamps or zombies

Fck
You are just mindblowingly ignorant. You're working yourself into a frenzy accusing me of not watching the movie? Really? AFTER MY FIRST POST IN THE THREAD SAID THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Now to a bigger letdown: From Dusk till Dawn. This movie was AWESOME - until the dead started coming back to life. Turned it off right then and there. What a f*cking letdown. Had a fantastic crime thriller going and then we throw in zombies. What a joke.

And why did I turn it off? Not because I mistook vampires for zombies you halfwit, but because the movie no longer took place in reality and thus was no longer of interest to me. You have no point. Stop shadow boxing yourself and arguing about things that have already been addressed a week ago.

Dumb f*ck. Is there anything else I've already said that you want to create a baseless argument about?

Last edited by johndeeregreen : 06-02-2014 at 10:56 AM.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #13146
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Bringing Up Baby was on last night. Second time I saw it and still loved it.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #13147
Shade8780
Banned

X-Men: First Class

7.5/10
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #13148
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
You are just mindblowingly ignorant. You're working yourself into a frenzy accusing me of not watching the movie? Really? AFTER MY FIRST POST IN THE THREAD SAID THIS:

And why did I turn it off? Not because I mistook vampires for zombies you halfwit, but because the movie no longer took place in reality and thus was no longer of interest to me. You have no point. Stop shadow boxing yourself and arguing about things that have already been addressed a week ago.

Dumb f*ck. Is there anything else I've already said that you want to create a baseless argument about?
lol you'll never get it, AGAIN, I have never said ANYTHING about the importance of vampires rather than zombies you dumb fck.

we will take baby steps for you JDG...my first post to you:
Quote:
From Dusk till Dawn is an absolute classic...they were vampires not zombies, not sure you even watched it, that's a pretty big detail
^^^ this indicates that due to the fact you didn't know they were vampires, THAT YOU DID NOT WATCH THE MOVIE. It says nothing about the importance of vampires vs. zombies. It says nothing about you caring if they were vampires or zombies, it says nothing you turning off the movies BECAUSE you thought they were zombies and not vampires.

IT SIMPLY STATES THAT YOU MUST NOT HAVE ACTUALLY WATCHED THE MOVIE YOU ARE RATING.

moving on to my second post to you:

Quote:
I was just saying that obviously you didn't pay much attention to the movie if you didn't know they were vampires. That's like me reviewing The Lost Boys by saying "once I realized they were all zombies I stopped paying attention!"

^^^ here is a reply to you after trying to explain to me that you didn't care weather or not they are vampires or zombies. AGAIN, I was letting you know that I simply brought that up not because it is of importance to you OR the actual movie, but because it indicates that YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE MOVIE YOU ARE RATING

moving on to post #3:

Quote:
NO you don't get it fggit, I understand that you don't care what type of monster they were, my point was that if you didn't know they were vampires then obviously you didn't even bother to watch the movie.

Understand yet or no???... Having to explain this shit 3 times now, I suppose I can do it a fourth if you need me to.

Didn't know they were vamps = didn't really watch the movie
Didn't know they were vamps =/= you give a shit wether they were vamps or zombies

Fck

^^^ in post #3 I am a bit less patient...you clearly don't understand my point that not knowing the creature type indicates not seeing the actual movie, and you are still hell bent on explaining to me that you didn't care if they were vampires or zombies as though it means anything to my point. So I called you fggit, cause basically you're just acting like a fggit.

that leaves us here...since you can't grasp "not knowing they were vamps = didn't see film" I don't know what to do. Perhaps all caps bold?

I KNOW YOU DID'T CARE WHAT KIND OF CREATURE WAS FEATURED BUT THE FACT THAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE VAMPIRES INDICATES THAT YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY SEE THE MOVIE.

let me know if bold/caps worked...if not we can move to a different strategy.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #13149
ROCSteady
Top 10, AT LEAST

Grown men fighting over the plot twist in a Robert Rodriguez movie.....

I must be in the Internet
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #13150
ROCSteady
Top 10, AT LEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Cloud Atlas

1/10

wack hippy nonsense to be expected from the wachowskis

Damn son, that's one of the best movies of recent times imo
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #13151
The-Legend-24
Keep it tight for me

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - 7/10

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:46 PM   #13152
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Grown men fighting over the plot twist in a Robert Rodriguez movie.....

I must be in the Internet
I was just simply trying to point out that he didn't actually watch the movie he is rating

awful movie, I turned it off when they turned into red martians
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #13153
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth

Gremlins 9/10
Gremlins 2 7/10 (way underrated, perfect parody of part 1)

I think part of the issue w/the way 2 was received back then was that people weren't really ready for something that was (for lack of a better term) so damn meta.

Stuff like having Leonard Maltin doing a scathing movie review of Gremlins 1 on a tv show within the movie and then being attacked by Gremlins or the Gremlins straight stopping the film causing Hulk Hogan from the audience of a theater to yell at them to turn the movie back on wasn't a very wildly used type of humor then.

Usually the most self referential flicks got back then was when a character would give a knowing glance or smile at the camera/audience in a momentary break of the 4th wall.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #13154
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

I went yesterday afternoon and enjoyed Godzilla apparently more than most. It's not The Godfather. I'd give it a high 70s. But it worked for me. I know there were some complaints about not seeing enough. But I was ok with what we got. I thought the effects were good, if not quite great. The creatures more often than not felt like they had some weight to them. Sometimes the building collapses looked pretty bad, but for the most part I thought they looked pretty good.

I also thought the cinematography was great for a movie of this ilk. Plenty of long shots. They really sold the depth and scope to me, not just when the monsters were on screen, but they did a good job of establishing it before they were on screen. It reminded me a little of last years James Bond movie, where every set piece opened up with a really gorgeous bumper shot.

It was scored pretty well, albeit a little on the nose.

The big problem was the that the character were just horribly flat. The wife (who's smoking hot) was just all over the place emotionally. Ford was kind of a dead fish. I find it interesting that a naval commander gets to make the call on killing a few hundred thousand civilians. I would've like a little more global perspective. More from those news reports. The notion that the mother was unaware of the dino presence. That should've felt more like 9/11 times a million. But they didn't do a good job with that perspective at all to me. I sort of liked the basic plot mechanics. The consuming radiation. The world balance thing. A little hokey, but good enough for me to see cool stuff.

I would also say one thing that was awesome that I have a peculiar fetish for were the intro credits. I loved the music, and the old still photos from the fifties, with the names on the credits appearing from redacted government documents. It has nothing to do with anything, but it's something I enjoyed.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #13155
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
I couldn't stand that movie. I know it's a screwball comedy, and I love older comedies, but I just couldn't believe someone would put up with all of that shit he had to put up with in the movie. Any sane person would bail.

I'd rather watch Ball of Fire or something.

He had to. She kept taking his car, his clothes, his bone, etc. He had no choice.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: