Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #13276
T_L_P
AK47

T_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
American Hustle: 3/10

Didn't enjoy the acting, and the story was lame as fvck. Gets three stars only for having Amy Adams and Robert De Niro.

Jeremy Renner gave the best performance tbvh
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #13277
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

American Hustle - 7.5/10
Inside Llewyn Davis - 7,5/10
Hunger Games: Catching Fire: 6,5/10
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #13278
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Golden Compass

Had this movie since it first came out on DVD. So, a long time. Seven years? But I never got around to watching it. Found it last night so I figured why not. Thought it was gonna suck but it I liked it. Too bad that sequel/trilogy will never come to fruition.

7/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #13279
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This might sound weird but Before Midnight may have had a larger emotional impact on me than 12 Years a Slave. It was such a brutally honest movie and the last 30 minutes of it constantly slap you in the face with the reality of life and relationships. I've never seen a movie that is such a close reflection of reality like Before Midnight. For a movie that's nothing more than dialogue, it was tough to watch and had me thinking so much after it was over. Amazing movie. It's right up there with Gravity for my fave of the year.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 02-18-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #13280
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Last Winter

You know the drill(no pun intended). A drilling team at a remote facility in Alaska, begin to experience weird shit and people start dying. Wasn't bad overall per se. The acting, however was.

5/10
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #13281
JohnFreeman
Boogie

JohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

8/10
Owen Wilson is normally pretty shit, but this movie was good.
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #13282
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Saw it again. Still not sure what to believe. Anyone with a strong opinion either way?
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #13283
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

I went back and forth and came to the conclusion that I have no idea.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #13284
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
This might sound weird but Before Midnight may have had a larger emotional impact on me than 12 Years a Slave. It was such a brutally honest movie and the last 30 minutes of it constantly slap you in the face with the reality of life and relationships. I've never seen a movie that is such a close reflection of reality like Before Midnight. For a movie that's nothing more than dialogue, it was tough to watch and had me thinking so much after it was over. Amazing movie. It's right up there with Gravity for my fave of the year.
I'll check it out
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 PM   #13285
T_L_P
AK47

T_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterT_L_P is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Have you watched any French New Wave films?

A lot of them are quite like Before Midnight (admittedly, I like the New Wave films a lot more), so if you've haven't I advise you check them out
Old 02-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #13286
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P

A lot of them are quite like Before Midnight (admittedly, I like the New Wave films a lot more), so if you've haven't I advise you check them out
I've really only seen a couple of the "big" ones. Loved Breathless. The 400 Blows was solid but I didn't connect with it that much. I have Last Year at Marienbad but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #13287
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P

My thread needs your knowledge.

Go rank your faves here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=320879
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #13288
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I have Last Year at Marienbad but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

The OOP Criterion Blu?

Damn, I wish I had started collecting sooner. Really want that.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #13289
T_L_P
AK47

Quote:
I've really only seen a couple of the "big" ones. Loved Breathless. The 400 Blows was solid but I didn't connect with it that much. I have Last Year at Marienbad but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Check out Le Mepris by Godard (guy who did Breathless).

It's his attempt at a big-budget, star-studded film, but it's an amazing mediation (if you can call it that) of the characters' relationships.

Plus Fritz Lang acts in it. Fritz Lang!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #13290
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
The OOP Criterion Blu?

Damn, I wish I had started collecting sooner. Really want that.
No. I wish. Once that went OOP, it was impossible to find it at any non-insane price. I bought the Studio Canal release on Amazon UK.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Last-Y...-Blu-ray/5801/
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: