Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #13606
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I didn't even like the 1st.

I didn't like it first but it grew on me.

I wonder if they are gonna do a third installment. I would watch just to finish it all and see how it ends
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #13607
mr.big35
Banned

mr.big35 has decent reputation

Snatch had funny parts but not good as lock stock
mr.big35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #13608
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

Thor 2 - 8.5/10

im sure everyone here has seen it already.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:47 PM   #13609
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

The Terminator - 9.5/10

Classic movie.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:49 PM   #13610
Angel Face
Six of Six

Angel Face is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAngel Face is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Man on a Ledge 8/10
Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:02 AM   #13611
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Dirty Dancing - 7.5/10
Old 03-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #13612
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Any good Netflix movies?
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 AM   #13613
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Any good Netflix movies?
I can never find movies to watch on there. I've had Netflix for years, and only seen maybe 5 movies.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:28 AM   #13614
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Any good Netflix movies?

They need to update more frequently. They probably have some good movies on there, but I feel like the ones worth seeing I've already seen, so I stopped looking. I mostly use it for TV now.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #13615
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
They need to update more frequently. They probably have some good movies on there, but I feel like the ones worth seeing I've already seen, so I stopped looking. I mostly use it for TV now.

Yeah I only use it to try out tv shows. I started watching that show "Scandal". Watched like 6 episodes in a row. Show is pretty good. People say they're hidden gems movie wise on Netflix, but I don't have the time to find them.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #13616
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Doesn't have the same epic scope as the LotR trilogy, but the same movie-making craftsmanship is accounted for. It's a bit slow and uneventful at times; I occasionally grew a little impatient with it.

7.7/10

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Much more action-packed than the prior movie, and as such it didn't feel as long. The entire like 45 minute sequence with the dragon was badass; I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Almost as good as the worst LotR movie(The Two Towers). This one felt like more of a true adventure, whereas the first one felt more like dwarves just walking around bemoaning shit.

9.3/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:01 AM   #13617
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Odd Thomas

I've always had a bit of a soft spot in my heart for Dean Koontz. He was the first horror/spooky/supernatural writer I really latched onto as a kid(not Stephen King like most people). I know he's not taken very seriously amongst the literary community, and I can understand why. He's a very formulaic writer. The protagonist is always this blue-collar regular dude with a strong moral compass who puts his life on the line despite impossible odds, the villains tend to be completely batshit insane/part of some evil shadow organization and/or a supranatural evil, and there's always a female love interest who manages to be smart, wise, artistic, down-to-earth, and yet at the same time ravishingly beautiful.

Yet because of that connection from my childhood I still have an interest in a lot of his stuff, even if it means I have to occasionally, and disappointingly, wade through some of his stinkers.

Now, about the movie. Willem Dafoe is the most recognizable actor(he plays the sheriff dude), but the starring role is played by that Russian navigator guy from the recent Star Trek movies.

It's about a guy who can see ghosts, and they tend to want him to tie up some loose ends for them. Or bring their killer to justice, that sort of thing. They can't speak to him; it's non-verbal type communication. And he, being the stand-up guy he is, helps them. Sometimes he sees what he refers to as "bodaks", malevolent spirits that show up when some bad shit is going to go down. He sees their presence as a harbinger of said bad shit to come and tries to prevent whatever's going to happen through supernatural detective work.

They skip a bunch of stuff from the book and pretty much jump right into what leads to the climax. Which unfortunately means they omitted one of the most interesting aspects of the book -- his relationship with Ghost Elvis. Oh well. The movie has a very distinct "made for TV" or "straight-to-DVD" quality to it, and outside of Dafoe and Star Trek guy the acting isn't...good. But it's still a fairly charming flick with some heart underneath that "I better change the channel now" veneer. Decent special effects too. And like the book, it punched me in the feels.

7/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #13618
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Purge - 5/10

Started out ok....had some potential ( the daughter was bangin and a turbo slut) but just got worse and worse after the opening act...

only watch it for the chick and if you absolutley have nothing else to watch
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:33 PM   #13619
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

American Psycho 8.5/10
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:35 AM   #13620
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lincoln (2012)

good movie, interesting movie, professional movie... no denying those things. everything about it was fully competent and well-crafted. most people should like it.

what prevents me from hitting the same high notes the critics did is that the film simply did not move me in any particular area. neither the acting, production, historical insights, dramatic peaks, philosophical zingers, spontaneous adoration / loathing for any particular character... yea, just a long golf clap from me, sorry. also, this film was just a little too long and had too many cameos from characters who were virtually interchangeable. better photographic, directorial and mood framing might have helped make things more engrossing.

personally i would have enjoyed this better as a docu-drama. as in, cram more history in there and use the acted bits to portray key points, like a long history channel production without as much BS.

the plight of african-americans in history is certainly of interest to me, but in terms of that era, i'm more partial to a film like "glory." that one was certainly not as seminal a film, but was surging with emotional energy that really lit up the historical points being made.

still... quality is quality. 3.5 / 4 stars
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: