Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 AM   #1366
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Nothing like learning that it's ok to piss your pants. That really alleviated a lot of my childhood issues.

Oh, of course.

Remember kids, you ain't cool until you pee yo pants!

In other news: want to tough the hineyyyyyyy
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #1367
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Righteous Kill

nothing too exciting here. had its moments i guess but wasnt as good as i would expect somethign with deniro, pacino, guginos boobs to be.

6.5/10

also watched turbulence 2 and 3 today. 3/10 as movies go. but i enjoyed the bad acting and thought it was funny so 7/10
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 AM   #1368
xtn5021
Serious playground baller

xtn5021 has an OK reputation so far

The Hangover. 9/10

Funny as f*ck!!!
xtn5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #1369
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watchmen: Director's Cut: 100/100
Old 07-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #1370
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hellboy II
High 60s

The action genre isn't really my bag. Especially the playfull fantasy type, even most superhero movies. But this is really well done for what it is. I didn't expect much less considering it's Del Torro. I like both of these more than most movies of their ilk.
I'm probably going to watch JCVD tonight. Looking forward to it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #1371
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

u srs?

I liked the theatrical version well enough - it was definitely faithful enough. But there were plenty of aspects that just came off as super amateur. The music primarily, but other parts as well. I think I have a review of it somewhere in this thread.

I'll have to check out the "real" version though.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #1372
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
u srs?

I liked the theatrical version well enough - it was definitely faithful enough. But there were plenty of aspects that just came off as super amateur. The music primarily, but other parts as well. I think I have a review of it somewhere in this thread.

I'll have to check out the "real" version though.

Dead.

I didn't notice anything amateur, but I did have a ridiculously painful headache when I was watching it.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #1373
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I just watched this last night for the first time. I was very surprised by it, but no way it's a 10/10 for me. Probably around a 7 or 8. One thing I didn't like about it, it was way too freakin' long for the type of movie it was. Solving clues, trying to find out who did what for 2hours42minutes just isn't good for a movie. If it was cut it to 2 hours probably would have been better for me.

It was pretty nice though, and pretty raunchy for a super-hero movie. Dr. Manhattan having sex with Spectral Girl was awesome.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #1374
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
I just watched this last night for the first time. I was very surprised by it, but no way it's a 10/10 for me. Probably around a 7 or 8. One thing I didn't like about it, it was way too freakin' long for the type of movie it was. Solving clues, trying to find out who did what for 2hours42minutes just isn't good for a movie. If it was cut it to 2 hours probably would have been better for me.

It was pretty nice though, and pretty raunchy for a super-hero movie. Dr. Manhattan having sex with Spectral Girl was awesome.

If you're not into comics, you're not going to like it. Simple as that.

It's considered the greatest comic ever.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #1375
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

It's considered the greatest comic ever.

Probably very true. I was mostly into Batman comics when I was a kid. I got into them around the time Batman met Bane era, and Azrael took over the mantle. I still own the deluxe edition of Batman: Detective Comics #700 right after Bruce Wayne came back as Batman to take over the mantle of the bat...

...I never personally got into Watchmen or much of any other comic besides that and Superman. Just not enough time to follow all those characters and stories so I stuck with mostly Batman.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #1376
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Well Watchmen was only 12 issues.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #1377
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

watchmen was a sweet movie 9/10.
just watched "city of god" 7.5/10
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #1378
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Miracle at St. Anna - 8/10

Wasnt the best movie but it conjured a lot of emotions, racially and morally.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #1379
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Transformers 2.

6/10

as a Michael Bay movie 10/10.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #1380
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

not true at all, i loved watchmen and i havent read a comic since i was like 8 years old. i hate comic book movies as well. one of the reasons i thought watchemn worked so well was because it was dark and violent and to an extent gritty, it was also pretty negative in tone which i think works so much better with comic book films because they are so detatched from reality anyway.
my favorite comic book film ever probably.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: