Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #13801
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
without spoiling the ending, i was always uncertain what to make of the conclusion. did it reveal the killer?

White text: No. In the true story it's based off they never found the killer either. The cop from Seoul knew it was that guy who requested the "Sad Letter" song to be played each night someone was killed but didn't have enough evidence. Which is why he wanted to ice him at the end methinks.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:32 AM   #13802
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
VHS 2

In the vein of handheld camera movies like Blair Witch, Cloverfield, Quarantine, etc., VHS 2 is about a couple of private investigators looking into the case of this missing college kid. They go to his house, and find a bunch of videotapes. They figure if they watch some of them maybe they'll discover a clue as to the dude's whereabouts.

Each tape is a handheld horror story of other random people. One's an alien abduction, one's a haunting, one's a demonic cult, but my favorite was the zombie one. A guy goes to bike a trail and has a camera mounted on his helmet. He gets attacked by zombies. It was neat to see the whole zombie thing from the first-person, whether it be ripping out someone's intestines or getting stabbed in the face.

Acting ranges from sucky to decent. Effects were solid.

5/10

V/H/S

Saw the second one already, and the premise of the two are exactly the same, so I'm saving myself some time with the quote. This one is more obnoxious to watch though as it takes the whole VHS theme very literally with those scrolling grey lines and interference and shit. I get it, but it's irritating as the viewer. Also there's way more of the camera jumping and swinging around wildly than any other movie like this I've seen(and I've seen most of 'em), annoying me for the first time ever.

The good things I said about the second one apply to this one as well.

3/10
Old 04-16-2014, 03:45 AM   #13803
moe94
beef?got the right mac

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You were way too hard on the V/H/S films. They weren't that bad...hell they weren't bad at all.

The cult one is an all time great horror short. Come on now.

Do you hate found footage that much? I mean, there is no other reason to rate them that low.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:01 AM   #13804
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

On the contrary. I really dig found-footage/handheld camera flicks - - hence having seen so many of them. Some of them have left an indelible mark on my movie-watching psyche(Rec/Quarantine, Blair Witch, Cloverfield, etc.). And I enjoyed the second one; a five is about average.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 AM   #13805
moe94
beef?got the right mac

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

spoilers in white for V/H/S films.

In the first one, the only thing that I had any real problems with is the obvious "guy in the house isn't really dead and he's going to kill everyone". I enjoyed the glitch killer even though it was so over the top and the chick was hilariously unrealistic in her ambition and plans to get back at the villain. She decided she'd use her friends as bait to get back at a seemingly invincible being? Really?

I thought the zombie short in the second was the second weakest segment after the eye segment.

I really enjoyed those films and can't wait for the third, assuming they make another one. I really hope they do. I eat this shit up.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:40 AM   #13806
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

snow on the bluff

Fucking hilarious, my bro tried to convince me this was a real but it did make watching it more enjoyable.

7/10
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:45 AM   #13807
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

Tell No One

Trailer

I'm surprised I'd never heard of this one as it's pretty darn good. It's about a guy whose wife is murdered one night then eight years later drops him an email. The plot's pretty twisting, so not one of those flicks you wanna get up from without pausing it first. Shot really well and the soundtrack is a mix of folksy/classic rock stuff and ambient electronica mainly. Good shit.

8.4/10
Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 AM   #13808
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

Prisoners (2013)

9.0/10

highest grade i've given lately
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #13809
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Tell No One

Trailer

I'm surprised I'd never heard of this one as it's pretty darn good. It's about a guy whose wife is murdered one night then eight years later drops him an email. The plot's pretty twisting, so not one of those flicks you wanna get up from without pausing it first. Shot really well and the soundtrack is a mix of folksy/classic rock stuff and ambient electronica mainly. Good shit.

8.4/10

I liked it as well. I actually bought it from a Blockbuster that was going out of business.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #13810
cos88
Banned

cos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong waycos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Boys Don't Cry

8/10

A controversial, hard to digest 1999 American independent romantic drama film that has Hillary Swank playing a trans man. I gave it 7 without knowing it was based on a true story and thought that the action in the last 30 minutes escalated too quickly, but after hearing it is based on a true story i gave it a point more.

Swank won the Oscar that year, if i didn't know her i would say that the leading actor was a boy. That is how good she looked and how great she played. A truly deserved award for her.
cos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #13811
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Prisoners (2013)

9.0/10

highest grade i've given lately

The ending leaves me with so many questions. Great film.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #13812
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Life Is Beautiful - 10/10
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #13813
KirbyPls
Serious playground baller

KirbyPls has an OK reputation so far

Out of the Furnace:

7/10, great actors, good acting, compelling story in parts, but unsatisfying ending.
KirbyPls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #13814
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
snow on the bluff

Fucking hilarious, my bro tried to convince me this was a real but it did make watching it more enjoyable.

7/10

I don't think the movie is real but I've heard that the dude is real though. He spoke on one of B.O.B's mixtape.
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #13815
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94

8/10

Interesting as hell. Hated Tilda Swinton. Hell, didn't even know it was her. Haven't hated a character this much since Mrs. Carmody. Just a despicable POS.

They never explain what happened to the world in detail. They also hint at Wilford being somehow responsible or something.

The school scene was just bizarre.

Great movie,. I give it an 8
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: