Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #13801
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

I know I'm late but I finally got around to seeing Guardians of the Galaxy.

10/10

I honestly can't think of a single facet of this movie that was bad...it was great from start to finish. It went beyond what I was expecting and I had really high expectations.

IMO this may be the most entertaining super hero flick of all time, it was certainly better than The Avengers.

VERY good movie.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:48 AM   #13802
irondarts

Hateship, Loveship - 7/10
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #13803
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Jonah from Tonga

0/10

i don't even know wtf i watched, or why i kept watching it, probably because i was trying to figure out what it was when i was channel surfing...but damn this was incredibly bad and stupid.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #13804
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

"Jeff, who lives at home."

I completely forgot how terrible this movie was when I watched it about 3-4 months ago. A 3/10, the movie was horrible. The ending was the only reason why I gave it 2-3 points. It had an interesting idea but it was so poorly written.

I mean it was somewhat enjoyable but I guess I didn't really feel the "deep ending" really impacted me.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #13805
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm catching up on some of the 2014 blockbusters.

Godzilla - 5/10

The monster stuff, very good. The human story, awful. Fucking awful. This movie had probably just enough of one and far too much of the other. They could have trimmed a lot of it down to a really exciting 1h 35min movie. I enjoyed the first act in Japan, the slowburn of the Godzilla reveal and the last battle but the entire middle with the soldier who looks like Tyler Hansbrough, his family and the military was beyond dull. In the end, I was rooting for the bomb to take everyone out.

Captain America: The Winer Solider - 9/10

Wow. I can't wait to watch this one again on blu-ray. I think Captain America is a perfect superhero for movies. His "powers" are just plausible enough to maintain a good level of suspension of belief and not get too ridiculous (like the awful Thor movies). This was an exciting and well made action thriller. No forced love story, really cool insight to Captain America's background and status in modern society and that elevator sequence... perfection. Chris Evans does a great job of creating a really likable straight-edge character who you'd expect to be really bland. This, IMO, is right alongside Iron Man as the best Avengers-related movie. (I haven't see Guardians of the Galaxy yet)
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #13806
NBAplayoffs2001
One of the Goodfellas

Hollywood Homicide (2003)

Eh I would say a 7/10 only because Harrison Ford was hilarious in this movie. Josh Harrett wasn't bad or anything but Ford's character during the chase scene in the end of the movie was really funny . I wouldn't watch this movie again though. A lot of lack of fluidity throughout the film and a lot of clearly unrealistic events.

Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001 : 09-10-2014 at 01:18 AM.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:04 AM   #13807
irondarts

God's Pocket - 7/10

This movie was a mess. 7 is being generous and I'm only giving it a 7 because the cast was great and PSH is my all time favorite. The story and script were all over the place and not good and it was pretty sloppy throughout. But PSH was good as was the rest of the cast. Honestly it is probably a 5 or 6 and it's kind of a shame that this was one of PSH final movies. But just watching PSH act for an hour and a half is enough for me to make a film enjoyable.

Last edited by irondarts : 09-10-2014 at 02:15 AM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #13808
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
Hollywood Homicide (2003)

Eh I would say a 7/10 only because Harrison Ford was hilarious in this movie. Josh Harrett wasn't bad or anything but Ford's character during the chase scene in the end of the movie was really funny . I wouldn't watch this movie again though. A lot of lack of fluidity throughout the film and a lot of clearly unrealistic events.

I remember nothing about that movie other than I thought it was terrible.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #13809
T_L_P
The Beast In Me

Took a photo because I told a coworker he could borrow some. Thought I'd show them off here. My Masters of Cinema blu-rays!

http://i.imgur.com/24nMnZh.jpg
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #13810
ArbitraryWater
3-1

Shit I watched during my ban:

12 Angry Men (1957)

9.5/10

Henry Fondaaaaa

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

9.5/10

I watched this Movie in School with my Class, but I totally forgot.. At the time I wasn't too interested in Movies or this one either. So I was watching it again, and realized at some point I don't know this yet.. Watched only half of it before. Got super excited when he broke out.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

Solid 8/10...

Watched it in 3D, damn I almost forgot how great it is to watch Movies in Cinema, AND 3D, instead of just on the Computer... Not that that's bad, though.

Last edited by ArbitraryWater : 09-10-2014 at 05:55 PM.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #13811
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P
Took a photo because I told a coworker he could borrow some. Thought I'd show them off here. My Masters of Cinema blu-rays!

http://i.imgur.com/24nMnZh.jpg
Those are always region B locked right? Silent Running is a movie I really want but it only has a MOC release.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #13812
T_L_P
The Beast In Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Those are always region B locked right? Silent Running is a movie I really want but it only has a MOC release.

Yes, I think they are, but I am from the UK.

Still haven't picked up or seen Silent Running, even though I think it was one of the earliest releases. It's only 9; I might go for it.

I'm really thinking about buying a multi-region player soon because Criterion has so many great films.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #13813
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
I'm really thinking about buying a multi-region player soon because Criterion has so many great films.
Same here. For BBC, BFI (the recent Werner Herzog collection) and Arrow releases. Shipping from the UK to Canada is pretty damn cheap too. The Cinema Paradiso Arrow release is what really got me thinking about going region free.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #13814
T_L_P
The Beast In Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Same here. For BBC, BFI (the recent Werner Herzog collection) and Arrow releases. Shipping from the UK to Canada is pretty damn cheap too. The Cinema Paradiso Arrow release is what really got me thinking about going region free.

Yeah, BFI has a bunch of great ones too. I own all of Ozu's and Tati's releases from the BFI. Great stuff.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #13815
BigBoss
T'Bagging LeBron Fam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Shit I watched during my ban:

12 Angry Men (1957)

9.5/10

Henry Fondaaaaa

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

9.5/10

I watched this Movie in School with my Class, but I totally forgot.. At the time I wasn't too interested in Movies or this one either. So I was watching it again, and realized at some point I don't know this yet.. Watched only half of it before. Got super excited when he broke out.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

Solid 8/10...

Watched it in 3D, damn I almost forgot how great it is to watch Movies in Cinema, AND 3D, instead of just on the Computer... Not that that's bad, though.

Shawshank I saw over the summer too. It's great.

Apes was the best movie this summer in my opinion. Surprised you only gave it an 8.

12 Angry Men I might check out, we have similar taste in movies
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: