Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #13831
Koontzy
I brick open layups

Koontzy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
You're Next

Trailer

Pretty good slasher/home invasion flick. Not much to explain. A family gets together one night and some dudes wearing creepy animal masks and sporting crossbows decide to crash the party. There are some horror movie cliches but nothing too egregious. And the violence is pretty satisfying. Dug the camera scene a lot. Decent music too.

7/10

I am going to check this out, just watched the purge and it was better than I was expecting, this one I almost got but now ill go ahead and pick it up.
Koontzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #13832
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Enemy

Trailer

So there's this history teacher who's watching a movie one night when he notices that the bellhop in one scene looks exactly like him. Not strikingly similar, but like some doppelganger shit. It freaks him out so he checks the credits for dude's name, then gets on the internet and looks the guy up. Becomes consumed in figuring out WTF.

The whole movie is very Hitchcockian(with a dash of David Lynch). From some of the jarring shots to the dramatic score to the protagonist being in a constant state of mindf*ck; feels like something you might have pulled out of a time capsule.

Anyway, I liked it and must now ruminate.

8.3/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #13833
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Enemy

Trailer

So there's this history teacher who's watching a movie one night when he notices that the bellhop in one scene looks exactly like him. Not strikingly similar, but like some doppelganger shit. It freaks him out so he checks the credits for dude's name, then gets on the internet and looks the guy up. Becomes consumed in figuring out WTF.

The whole movie is very Hitchcockian(with a dash of David Lynch). From some of the jarring shots to the dramatic score to the protagonist being in a constant state of mindf*ck; feels like something you might have pulled out of a time capsule.

8.3/10
I love the trailer.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:40 PM   #13834
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Take Shelter - 8/10

A damn good film. Michael Shannon is such a good actor.
irondarts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #13835
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Prisoners 8.5/10
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #13836
Rocketswin2013
National High School Star

Rocketswin2013 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Prisoners 8.5/10
I'm about to watch it
Rocketswin2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #13837
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here

The Curse of Chucky

3.5/10

consider yourselves warned
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:35 AM   #13838
Angel Face
The Bull

Angel Face has an OK reputation so far

5/10 Shitty plot, the only great parts are the ninja fight in the mountains and the nuclear scene. Also, the part where Storm Shadow cuts the bullet in half. The 1st movie was better.
Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:22 AM   #13839
CeilingFan#1
Serious playground baller

CeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation hereCeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation hereCeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation hereCeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation hereCeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation hereCeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation hereCeilingFan#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Face

5/10 Shitty plot, the only great parts are the ninja fight in the mountains and the nuclear scene. Also, the part where Storm Shadow cuts the bullet in half. The 1st movie was better.

I also liked the 1st one better, which I found surprising because the cast in part 2 is better.
CeilingFan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 AM   #13840
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I lieu of recent events I must change my score on Grand Budapest Hotel. It is now degraded to an 8.6.

For those that wonder, I just on a continuum of movies, not just individual enjoyability... i.e. I have to relate them to other movies I've personally seen and put them on a scale.

I saw:

That's a great ass movie.

9.3/10

Great soundtrack, textbook screenwriting, slice of life mixed with satire mixed with sci-fi mixed with comedy mixed with insanity.

Flat out impressive. I can see shades of Python and Blues Brothers, and well as ripples in Edgar Wright films.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:18 AM   #13841
T_L_P
Tim Duncan's Dunking

T_L_P is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 6.5/10

A little too cheesy, a little too uneven, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Also, in watching this film I realised Paul Giamatti is a terrible actor.
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #13842
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Grand budapest hotel - 8/10 - thoroughly enjoyed this film, good mix of quirkiness with a story that flows which wes anderson sometimes doesn't balance out right. If you liked his other films you would like this.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #13843
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Enemy

Trailer

8.3/10

i need to watch this movie. prisoners brought villenuenve to my attention and i seen incendies since, being meaning to watch this for minute.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 AM   #13844
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

7.5/10
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #13845
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Someone explain to me why people enjoyed gravity so much? To me it was horrible. Put everyone to sleep. No action. Just so slow and boring. What is it that you loved about it?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: