Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #1471
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 28,548
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I actually got a couple Husker Du discs after seeing it too. They were the one band in there I didn't really know anything about.

Don't Change under the fireworks was great. Just like Heaven was a little too on the nose for a Cure tune there, but it still worked. Lou Reed was the perfect slightly under the radar guy to have Ryan Reynolds not really know about. And they don't list Breakin The Law, but the chase scene set to that works great too.

I'm not a huge fan of the Cure, but I think that song worked wonderfully with that scene. In fact, I don't think I've ever really listened to them before. I might have to go download some stuff of theirs.

And the Lou Reed thing worked great, since he released in album in '88 right? Or maybe '87?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #1472
ashar008
Banned
 
ashar008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OTC & sometimes nba forum
Posts: 796
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux


Adventureland [2009]: 92%

Why is it that every scene Kristen Stewart is in is so damn awkward. I liked the movie but that chick just has this blank stare when she is on screen.
ashar008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #1473
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,587
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashar008
Why is it that every scene Kristen Stewart is in is so damn awkward. I liked the movie but that chick just has this blank stare when she is on screen.


She actually made the movie for me. She seems incredibly vulnerable. And she's going through some awkward stuff, so her seeming awkward sort of fits the bill.
I liked her in it so much I went out of my way to check out some of her other recent work, and was a little disappointed to find that in The Land of Women, she plays almost exactly the same role. It may just be her persona. She's working on The Runaways right now as Joan Jett. I'm looking forward to seeing that, it could be a make or break moment for her, because she's going to have to be far more aggressive and vocal than anything I've seen her in up to now, and could indicate weather she's got some range, or is just suited for this introspective personality.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #1474
supersmashbros
Good college starter
 
supersmashbros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NBA Land
Posts: 3,030
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Coraline...a decent stop-animation/CG movie with some somewhat frightening scenes...not more to say...besides the fact that there were a few comical scenes of big ******z too!
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #1475
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,311
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC-RAPTORS
The Girl Next Door (2004) - Saw it on TV and I remember watching the trailer a while back. I was actually surprise of the movie. You would think it was going to be a short movie with mostly comedy.

72/100 And man, was Elisha Culbert hot in this movie


have you seen her topless?
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #1476
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7,311
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.



Good Scorsese movie. 8/10
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #1477
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 28,548
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.



Sunshine Cleaning [2008]: 53%

A really, really dark comedy. So dark I didn't even smirk once. Towards the end I was getting angry because it seemed like the stories within the movie weren't going to be wrapped up. They really milked it until the last second. It wasn't very long, either. I was hoping for a little more. There was a love interest for the main character which was never explored. I thought that could've added to the film and it would have been much better.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #1478
One Love
Gunsmoke
 
One Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Under a roof
Posts: 302
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.



9.5/10

One of Judd Apatows masterpieces. I think the movie was not only funny but told a great story. This movie had tons of funny stand up and some drama, creating one of the best storylines yet. This is my second favorite Apatow film, behind Knocked Up.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #1479
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,897
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.




Just watched 'The Hudsucker Proxy' I loooved it..


I fell in love with Jennifer Jason Leigh for the two hours..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #1480
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter
 
TMAC-RAPTORS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,383
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
have you seen her topless?

Am I suppose to?
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #1481
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,870
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux


Sunshine Cleaning [2008]: 53%

A really, really dark comedy. So dark I didn't even smirk once. Towards the end I was getting angry because it seemed like the stories within the movie weren't going to be wrapped up. They really milked it until the last second. It wasn't very long, either. I was hoping for a little more. There was a love interest for the main character which was never explored. I thought that could've added to the film and it would have been much better.





i watched sunshine cleaning recently and didnt find it to be a comedy at all, to me it was a drama with slight comedy elements, that imo was quite nicely restrained and executed. well acted as well- amy adams is becoming one of the most consistent actresses out there. emily blunt(who i went to school with) is making strides- put in her best performance to date imo.

7/10
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #1482
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,897
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Love


9.5/10

One of Judd Apatows masterpieces. I think the movie was not only funny but told a great story. This movie had tons of funny stand up and some drama, creating one of the best storylines yet. This is my second favorite Apatow film, behind Knocked Up.


Funny People was great.. A comedic drama with dept, unlike most comedies.

Its very misunderstood and I think it will turn out to be very underated.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #1483
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 28,548
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
i watched sunshine cleaning recently and didnt find it to be a comedy at all, to me it was a drama with slight comedy elements, that imo was quite nicely restrained and executed. well acted as well- amy adams is becoming one of the most consistent actresses out there. emily blunt(who i went to school with) is making strides- put in her best performance to date imo.

7/10

Didn't you think it could have been slightly better if they did something with the connection between Amy Adams [Rose] and Clifton Collings Jr. [Winston, the cleaning store guy?]. It's obvious there was something there.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #1484
lazerface
everything must go
 
lazerface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Funny People was great.. A comedic drama with dept, unlike most comedies.

Its very misunderstood and I think it will turn out to be very underated.

man, i really need to see this. the reviews are cut right down the middle, people either love it or they hate it. i'm pretty sure i'll like it seeing that i like just about everything judd apatow is involved with.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #1485
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,897
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
man, i really need to see this. the reviews are cut right down the middle, people either love it or they hate it. i'm pretty sure i'll like it seeing that i like just about everything judd apatow is involved with.


With an open mind, you will end up having much to appreciate.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy