Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #14956
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I went Saturday afternoon after work to see the new Sin City. A Dame to Kill For.

It was pretty mediocre. It had all the stylized violence and sexuality in place. So if you liked the first one, which I did, you'll probably get enough out of this one, which I feel I did. I did see it in 3D on the BTX screen, and that's always an experience I seem to enjoy.

The cheesey narration, and the psuedo 50s Noir culture thing are still in place, and they bothered me more in this one then when I saw the first. Probably because I had all these years to realize how much I didn't like them the first time around anyway.

I'd give it a low 70s, but if you're a fan of the first one it's probably worth checking out, just keep in mind it's probably not as good even as that one.
Sin City works way better as a graphic novel...IMO trying to emulate Frank Miller's style by giving everyone over sized chins just doesn't translate very well. It's hard to accept it as a reality imo.
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #14957
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_L_P
E.T.: 5/10
Saving Private Ryan: 4/10
A.I. Artificial Intelligence: 10/10

Might rewatch Jaws again soon. Haven't seen it in about 5 years and I thought it was quite good.

Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #14958
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
Sin City works way better as a graphic novel...IMO trying to emulate Frank Miller's style by giving everyone over sized chins just doesn't translate very well. It's hard to accept it as a reality imo.

I don't really mind the surrealness of the whole thing. I've heard complaints about it, but to me the whole world is pretty well established for what it is, and frankly I find it pretty enjoyable. And I'd have no problem getting into more stories within the same world.

I think the thing that kills it is the narration. It's soooo over the top and heavy handed. It's too on the nose. And sometimes comes off as almost intentionally comically bad, and while I'm fine with that at times, that comic vibe sort of throws off some of the darker tones the thing is going for.

Oh ... and I was surprised how little I got out of the 3D. It was ok, but I thought it would've been more built with the 3D in mind. But it didn't really feel that way. It almost felt like a 3D transfer of an existing film, with the exception of a few scenes.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #14959
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Grand Budapest Hotel 4/10
Bad Words 5/10
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #14960
NBAplayoffs2001
Floyd Mayweather who?

NBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputationNBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputation

Think Like a Man- 7.5/10

Way too predictable. Funny in the beginning. I can relate to all those types of guys: dreamer, player, etc. My friend group has one of each that was listed in the beginning.
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #14961
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Raid 2 - 9/10

Those last fighting scenes
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #14962
T_L_P
Ghost of Electricity

T_L_P has an incredible reputation hereT_L_P has an incredible reputation hereT_L_P has an incredible reputation hereT_L_P has an incredible reputation hereT_L_P has an incredible reputation hereT_L_P has an incredible reputation hereT_L_P has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

AI is probably the only Spielberg flick that I actually hate and ET and SPR are classics.

AI drags on and on and on and on...that movie just never ends

Hmmm...I've always really enjoyed it. I think it's Spielberg's most honest and touching film. Movies like E.T. and SPR feel manufactured to either make the audience cry or feel a strong pride. I don't want to call them gimmicky, but it's a little cheap imo.

I was probably a little harsh on ET. The visual effects were very good and I think it had something to say about state control -- even if it was put there to serve merely as a plot point. Maybe I'd bump it up to a 5.5 or 6.

Movies are made for us to disagree.
T_L_P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:00 AM   #14963
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Alien Abduction

Can you guys guess what this movie is about!?

Found footage flick. Genuinely scary when it was meant to be scary, but the acting was pretty terribad.

5/10
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #14964
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Silver Linings Playbook

9/10

Probably the best film JLaw's been in thus far. She is my Queen.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:26 AM   #14965
BigBoss
Banned

BigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Silver Linings Playbook

9/10

Probably the best film JLaw's been in thus far. She is my Queen.

I smashed a girl who looks a lot like Jennifer Lawrence last year
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #14966
JohnFreeman
#RunThroughtheTape

JohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss
I smashed a girl who looks a lot like Jennifer Lawrence last year
a 6/10?
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:45 AM   #14967
BigBoss
Banned

BigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected posterBigBoss is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
a 6/10?

More like a 7. I've smashed 4's-5's before though

She had lighter skin, and jet black hair, but otherwise looked exactly like Jennifer Lawrence and gave me the best blow job ever while i was high as ***. The glory days i'll never forget her.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:52 AM   #14968
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How do you enjoy a movie when you're on a flight? Do you tell yourself anything just enough to convince yourself that you're going to enjoy it? I don't know why, but I NEVER ENJOY watching movies when I'm on a flight & it's very frustrating.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 AM   #14969
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
How do you enjoy a movie when you're on a flight? Do you tell yourself anything just enough to convince yourself that you're going to enjoy it? I don't know why, but I NEVER ENJOY watching movies when I'm on a flight & it's very frustrating.

I'm not scared of flying or anything so I enjoy a movie on a flight just the same as I do on my couch.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:55 AM   #14970
ThePhantomCreep
Local High School Star

ThePhantomCreep has decent reputation

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

6/10

RR's hotly anticipated (if this were 2008) sequel was a disappointment. The heart of the film (featuring Josh Brolin and Eva Green's ridiculous body) is superb, but the rest is pretty "meh".

Jessica Alba cannot act.
ThePhantomCreep is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: