Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 10-03-2008, 04:54 AM   #1
Nash-tastic
Great college starter

Nash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNash-tastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Bring back Sonics!

Bring back Seattle Supersonics! In my heart, the Sonics will always live on... Im planning to go to a sonic game, holding up a board saying "The Sonics will always be here"
Nash-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bring back Sonics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
Bring back Seattle Supersonics! In my heart, the Sonics will always live on... Im planning to go to a sonic game, holding up a board saying "The Sonics will always be here"

i am with you 'bro
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

I've got nothing against Seattle, but you have to admit, it's hard to argue with all season tickets being sold out within like a week of being released. Yeah, the Sonics will always have a memorable role in the history of the NBA, but now it's time to embrace the Thunder. It's very encouraging how much fan support they've picked up so far, and everything looks pretty positive for their franchise moving forward.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
I've got nothing against Seattle, but you have to admit, it's hard to argue with all season tickets being sold out within like a week of being released. Yeah, the Sonics will always have a memorable role in the history of the NBA, but now it's time to embrace the Thunder. It's very encouraging how much fan support they've picked up so far, and everything looks pretty positive for their franchise moving forward.

i dont fault the fans at all-- i have been an nba fan ever since i could remember. they just want to see the best hoopsters in the world

the infactuation/engagement/honeymoon period of any new relationship is exciting. so it doesnt surprise me that there is a positive fan response. the true test will be in five years when the luster has worn off and the team is still mediocre...

but please, dont tell me to embrace the thunder. i would rather "embrace" a sh!t ladened ugly fat whore with HIV than to embrace the OKC inbreeders

in fact, i look forward to seeing them get totally stomped by the western conference teams this year. it will help assuage my deep anger towards howard shultz and clay bennett
Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
ThunderCover
I airball my layups

ThunderCover has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

"but please, dont tell me to embrace the thunder. i would rather "embrace" a sh!t ladened ugly fat whore with HIV than to embrace the OKC inbreeders"

It is remarks like this that cause us in OKC to have no sympathy for Seattlites.

You got exactly what you deserved.

Have fun with the whore (Were you talking about the Seahawks or the Mariners?)
ThunderCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^^that was a wicked comeback^^^

But 4real,even though I thought the Sonics name was cool,I as a bbal fan wasnt going to miss it until the Thunder logo and jerseys came out.When you have a new name,your supposed to come out with something exciting.That was an embarrassment of creativity.I seriously hope no one got paid to come up with that hot garbage.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCover
It is remarks like this that cause us in OKC to have no sympathy for Seattlites.

You got exactly what you deserved.

Have fun with the whore (Were you talking about the Seahawks or the Mariners?)

No need to worry about the Seahawks and Mariners. Your Thunders will be the worst team in the NBA this up coming season. Clay Bennett will lose every free agent comig and will never be able to sign any good free agent with the exception of an HIV infected whore.

So enjoy your 18 wins.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Schits

So enjoy your 18 wins.

i am cheering for the okc inbreeders to beat the worst record in nba history (philly 1973 9-73) with EIGHT wins!!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
ThunderCover
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
i am cheering for the okc inbreeders to beat the worst record in nba history (philly 1973 9-73) with EIGHT wins!!

You might as well, you don't have anything else worth cheering for. UW is 0-5, WSU is 1-5, the sucky Seahawks are 1-4, the Mariners are the worst team in MLB, the Sonics bailed for greener pastures...

NOTHIN' SCREAMS LOSER LIKE WASHINGTON SPORTS!!!!

Last edited by ThunderCover : 10-18-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #10
$14.98
I airball my layups

$14.98 has an OK reputation so far

The current roster is no good. The novelty will wear off and they will lose fans.
$14.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by $14.98
The current roster is no good. The novelty will wear off and they will lose fans.

The bad and the the sad are the current owners and team management. They are the worst. I feel sorry for the OKC fans getting scammed for their money.
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
ThunderCover
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Schits
The bad and the the sad are the current owners and team management. They are the worst. I feel sorry for the OKC fans getting scammed for their money.

...and I feel really bad for all the Seattle residents for getting totally bent over by the M's and 'hawks.

No kisses or K-Y....Just a long grinding dry hump...
Old 11-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCover
...and I feel really bad for all the Seattle residents for getting totally bent over by the M's and 'hawks.

No kisses or K-Y....Just a long grinding dry hump...
Yep, Seattle got a new stadium for both Mariners and Seahawks to keep them from leaving and what's to show for both of them? Well, both Mariners and Seahawks are bottom of the barrel.

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 11-27-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:58 AM   #14
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Sorry, but I lost all respect for OKC fans after hearing them damn near boo their players off the court after a lopsided game. I remember when the Hornets came to Charlotte in the late 80's. Packed house every night, and although the losses were plentiful they gave a standing ovation after every game showing appreciation. The team is bad, the fans are already sad, and the owner is nothing more than a con artist. OKC's average attendance will be somewhere around 10,000 a game by midseasion next year. Their already the laughing stock of the league.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #15
ThunderCover
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Sorry, but I lost all respect for OKC fans after hearing them damn near boo their players off the court after a lopsided game. I remember when the Hornets came to Charlotte in the late 80's. Packed house every night, and although the losses were plentiful they gave a standing ovation after every game showing appreciation. The team is bad, the fans are already sad, and the owner is nothing more than a con artist. OKC's average attendance will be somewhere around 10,000 a game by midseasion next year. Their already the laughing stock of the league.

You should worry about your own team. You've already lost one team and the Bobcats have never had the kind of support you describe...

The Bobcats current average paid attendance is just a little over 13,000 and turnstile is around the number you're predicting for OKC....but worse than that...

"Bob Johnson said Monday he remains committed to the Charlotte Bobcats, who have struggled to win and attract fans since he paid $300 million for the expansion franchise four years ago.

Johnson laid off nearly 40 employees in the past month to save money, and three top executives have left the organization. At the recommendation of a consulting firm, Johnson gutted the business and marketing departments, leaving just a skeleton crew and plenty of empty cubicles. But he insisted the basketball operations will not be affected by the cost-cutting.

Fans hardly rushed back to the NBA after the Hornets moved to New Orleans in 2002. The Bobcats ranked 24th out of 30 teams in attendance last season. Johnson has acknowledged huge losses and folded the WNBA's Charlotte Sting two years ago"

"Remains committed" is one of those kiss of death phrases...Johnson is sick of losing money and he and Seattle's Steve Ballmer now have each other on speed dial as the Bobcats are on Ballmers shortlist of teams that are available.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: