Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #16
akts
Serious playground baller

Default pinnock

Well I know people never thought Ginobili was going to be as good as he was in the second round.. and he turned out to be damn dangerous. Now I know Pinnock may very well not be a Ginobili, but who is to say what one can become due to a situation and the players growth and determenation?

Either way it is still good to see the Lakers trying to get young... We will need new players soon enough.
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Gilbert arenas is a great example of that too.

a man drafted very LATE in the second round is all the sudden mentioned up there with other familiar names.

T-mac, Lebron, Kobe, Carmelo, and u hear arenas now.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:05 PM   #18
akts
Serious playground baller

Default Pinnock

Yeah I Love Arenas's game he deserves to be mentioned with those names. He worked for it.

It is just that any second round pick can be a decent pick up.. Some just prosper more than others..

Wasn't Scottie pippen also a second round pick as well?
akts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #19
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Talking

- You Have a Point, But Remember that Gilbert Arena Play Alone for some years, in the Begining of their career. His Effort and Abilities proved He Had the Talent to Play in NBA, Like a First Rounder.

- Ginobili The Same Thing. Nobody (Take-Off Duncan) Can Help the Team. Ginibili arrive in the perfect Time to Bring a lot of Help and Charge the Team.

- Lebrons (First Pick)
- Melo (Fiirst Rounder)
- The Great Kobey (Pick No. 8 - from High School)
- Etc, Etc . . .

We Have The All-Star (K.Bryant), We Have The Help (L.Odom), Now We Have the Long Shooter (V.Radmanovic), We Have The Bench (L.Walton) For Last we Have the Brain (P.Jackson).

Nowwwwww We Need One Point Guard (M.Williams - Rookie)
Nowwwwww We Need One Center (I Know we Have A.Bynum)

But How much Time we Need Wait to see Bynum Develop. and Play Like one Good Center. 3 Years , 5 Years . . . .

The Point Is Why The G.M. or Lakers Staff Select Players to be Develop. We need Players that have Impact since the Bigining.

ELebrond
elebrond@yahoo.com
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:04 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I think We have so much young talent is because in the future they will learn to play and mesh well with each other....and we can have them for many years...i mean we're gonna have a young team thats winning already because of help from kobe.

Kobe can play until he is 40 and bring some Good production for us and LO will be with us for many years I think he will keep getting better.

so ur saying we need a point gaurd and think marcus williams is the man. but at least we have jordan farmar from the draft who is the number 2 best point gaurd in that draft..And there was many great players in this.

i think ur right about bynum we might wait on him a few years to become a complete center. but it will be worth it
Old 09-19-2006, 09:13 AM   #21
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akts
Either way it is still good to see the Lakers trying to get young... We will need new players soon enough.

Well, the Lakers are already young, so I am not sure I understand this.

Anyway, I personally am surprised by the Pinock signing, but obviously the Lakers see something special in the kid. They wanted to keep him in the organization. I hope he performs!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #22
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Well, the Lakers are already young, so I am not sure I understand this.

Anyway, I personally am surprised by the Pinock signing, but obviously the Lakers see something special in the kid. They wanted to keep him in the organization. I hope he performs!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I think We have so much young talent is because in the future they will learn to play and mesh well with each other....and we can have them for many years...i mean we're gonna have a young team thats winning already because of help from kobe.

Kobe can play until he is 40 and bring some Good production for us and LO will be with us for many years I think he will keep getting better.

so ur saying we need a point gaurd and think marcus williams is the man. but at least we have jordan farmar from the draft who is the number 2 best point gaurd in that draft..And there was many great players in this.

i think ur right about bynum we might wait on him a few years to become a complete center. but it will be worth it..

You know Why I Select Marcus William, Because Is The Guy we Needed, Marcus Williams is a Regular Player in all Team. He Not Regular in New Jersey Because nobody can Sit Jason Kid (One of the Best Point Guard in the League), But if Marcus Play for Lakers he Have the Point Guard Position only for Him. Smush automaticaly for the Bench.

Farmar is a Good Player and as you said The Second Best Point in the Draft well I Hope He can wining over Smush the Starting Position. At least the second Option from the Bench.

SoCalMike - I Know What is the Special Thing that the Lakers see in Pinnock. The same Bad Thing them see in D.George, S.Vujacic, A.McKie, Tyrone Lue, K.Rush, V.Wafer, Etc. Etc. Etc.

ELEBROND
elebrond@yahoo.com
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #23
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:

I thought u were joking about all this "kobe can play to 40" thing, but apparently ur serious....I guess it could happen but it's not a foregone conclusion, his speed, stamina, endurance, jumping ability r gonna fade just like any other player so , plus u have to account 4 the contract negotiations n what la would b willing 2 pay 4 an aging swingman...plus if he wins a couple more ships down the road, n really doesn't c a good chance 2 win another 1 in the future, he might not go the miller route or the GP route n play that long.

Last edited by dblockallstars : 09-19-2006 at 01:25 PM.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I thought u were joking about all this "kobe can play to 40" thing, but apparently ur serious....I guess it could happen but it's not a foregone conclusion, his speed, stamina, endurance, jumping ability r gonna fade just like any other player so , plus u have to account 4 the contract negotiations n what la would b willing 2 pay 4 an aging swingman...plus if he wins a couple more ships down the road, n really doesn't c a good chance 2 win another 1 in the future, he might not go the miller route or the GP route n play that long.

He works harder than anyone else i dont see why he cant give us 18 ppg when hes like 40.

Karl contributed well with us and reggie played like reggie before he retired.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elebrond
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know Why I Select Marcus William, Because Is The Guy we Needed, Marcus Williams is a Regular Player in all Team. He Not Regular in New Jersey Because nobody can Sit Jason Kid (One of the Best Point Guard in the League), But if Marcus Play for Lakers he Have the Point Guard Position only for Him. Smush automaticaly for the Bench.

Farmar is a Good Player and as you said The Second Best Point in the Draft well I Hope He can wining over Smush the Starting Position. At least the second Option from the Bench.

SoCalMike - I Know What is the Special Thing that the Lakers see in Pinnock. The same Bad Thing them see in D.George, S.Vujacic, A.McKie, Tyrone Lue, K.Rush, V.Wafer, Etc. Etc. Etc.

ELEBROND
elebrond@yahoo.com

Personally I think the guy we wanted to get from the begginning would have been brandon roy...It was a rumor that We would trade LO to chicago for their pick and then the rumor became that he would be selected for us and then wew trade odom to get him.

He would have been the perfect fit immediately and sonce phil loved him so much he might have started him immediately too.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #26
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Personally I think the guy we wanted to get from the begginning would have been brandon roy...It was a rumor that We would trade LO to chicago for their pick and then the rumor became that he would be selected for us and then wew trade odom to get him.

He would have been the perfect fit immediately and sonce phil loved him so much he might have started him immediately too.
so u think that brandon roy 4 odom is a good deal?? U should talk 2 this guy that thinks that mitch shouldn't do an LO 4 Pau Gasol trade for some reason.......
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
so u think that brandon roy 4 odom is a good deal?? U should talk 2 this guy that thinks that mitch shouldn't do an LO 4 Pau Gasol trade for some reason.......

Well i wasnt saying it was a good deal I was sayig that lakers just wanted brandon roy and phil said he was a perfect fit for the triangle, in which if that happens, you would move Kobe back as the facilitator.

I mean, i dont know how good roy is as a rookie.

Maybe he will be better than odom but odom brings more to the table besides scoring and thats why i wat to keep odom.

Pau Gasol for odom kind of leaves me skeptical too...I know Pau is great...but i like Odom's dribbling and passing better.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: