Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Lightbulb What is the most amazing and cool thing you have ever done in a NBA video game?

Whether it was that one sick dunk, or a buzzer beater 3 in double overtime for your dynasty team to win the finals.

For me, I was using LeBron.

Drove up from halfcourt, crossed over the SF, breezed by the SG, PG was on the other side, then posterized the PF and C.

I dont remember what team it was against, but it was so cool.

I know it seems like a odd thread, but...im bored
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is the most amazing and cool thing you have ever done in a NBA video game?

Against the Wizards in 2k7 with the Sixers. It was like Kobe vs Arenas in real life, just going back and forth. I think I had around 62 points and 10 assists with Iverson and Arenas had 56 and like 8, and AI hit the game winner. That was in my association, too. Also have done tons of things with Wade. Crossovers and pullups, game winners, amazing assists, etc. That and tons of posterizations, mainly with Lebron.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #3
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What is the most amazing and cool thing you have ever done in a NBA video game?

rofl

in NBA Live 2008 i scored like over 100 points with Gilbo...then like 98 with Kobe....

ive had my team hit 200pts on that game, its so retarded
Old 10-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I scored 79 with VC in 2k7
96 with Kobe in Live 08 (it was against a trash talking friend too, damn it felt good)

I guess the most amazing thing I did was a near half court shot for the win. I was using the Nets, we were facing the Bulls. We were down 2 after Hinrich hit both. I passed it in the VC, crossed Deng over and shot it near the Nets Logo. Nothing but net.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm gonna go way back and talk about a game of NBA Live 99 for the PC I played with my brother. I remember whoever lost had to clean the room (we shared at the time). Off of a sideline inbound with 1 second left I nailed a 3 pointer at the buzzer to win by 1. I don't know why this was the first thing to come to mind.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

with 6 min. quarters i scored 114 points with ray allen in live 2005
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Talking Re: What is the most amazing and cool thing you have ever done in a NBA video game?

On like NBA Live 05, on rookie mode me and my cousin were playing and I had the Lakers and he had the Rockets and on that game in rookie mode with T-Mac and Kobe you basically dont miss 3's. So we were going back and forth just hitting 3 after 3 and I eventually won.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I played a quick game the other day...Boston @ Denver

I held AI to one point on 0-26 from the field and 1-2 at the line. I held Melo to 11 points on 3 of 22 from the field, and a couple of free throws. JR Smith was the high scorer with 12 points on 4/4 from the three. I held the Nugs to a total of 31 points.

Final score Boston 151 - Nuggets 31

Pierce and Allen both dropped 40, and both Perkins and Garnett had at least 20 rebounds each.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Beat this...

Tim Duncan in NBA Inside Drive 2000. Going up for a dunk, suddenly appeared at the other end of the court doing a full court shot...missed it but I thought the teleport was pretty cool.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was playing 2k8 with this aquaintence of mine who is a big time smack talker. He was the lakers and I was the rockets. We played a very close and competitive game, it ends up going to 3rd overtime. At the end of second overtime, this guy says "If the rockets werent so much better than the lakers I would have completely destroyed you." I said "No way, switch me controllers for the 3rd OT and prove it." During the third overtime, I scored 18 with the lakers, he scored 0 with my rockets. I win, great success!
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Im so nba'd out
6/10/08 - 7/31/14

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Well when i was playing my live 08 dynasty i created a player(no i dont give him 99 everything lol).Well i was snubbed out of the rookie of they year and next season when i played the winner kevin durant i scored 103 points my career high in video games any year.How can i avg more rebounds, point, ast, steals, and win more games but not win the RoY?lol
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #12
Figlo
Good High School Starter

Figlo has decent reputation

Between the legs with Josh Smith over Adonal Foyle. I believe there's a video of it on youtube. BTW this was on NBA 2k8. Probably the most unrealistic thing that happened to me in the game.
Figlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
t-rud349
Maybe Next year...

t-rud349 has an OK reputation so far

1. NBA 2k8. Meand my friend were playing online against two other guys. We were the Wiz and they were the Cavs. We were down by 31 at the end of the first half and then in the second I started firing up 3s with Gilbo and just went unconsious. We ended up winning by 14.

2. Playing my firend with the Warriors and was down by 2 on the road and put in Azubuike with 2 seconds left and nailed a 3 to win.

3. Not on an NBA game but on the And1 Streetball game that came out a couple years ago. I was down 1 with 1 second left against my friend. Threw a full court pass to Escalade at the free throw line and he did a between the legs hook shot for the win. And to this day my friend has never beaten me on that game and we played each other around 30 times.
t-rud349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
Maniak

LeBron had 79pts, then I stole it with like 5secs on the clock, charged up to three and got in reasonable range and fired it up.

Buzzer sounds

Swish

Crowd goes wild

LeBron with 82pts, and I think I almost got a triple double too, gawsh I love Bron in video games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another time, I didnt use Kobe at all in the game(this was in Live 2008), then the Lakers brought it into OT. Scored like 25 with Kobe and won the game
Old 10-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Playing with a friend on NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2002:

Up by two, possession of the ball at half court with four seconds to go. Knowing he was probably going to try to foul me, I was going to shoot it at half court, draining the time out. What ensued was the most ridiculous play I've ever witnesses: I inbounded the ball, Shawn Bradley catches it, goes up for a half court shot, and get's blocked, Vince Carter proceeds to pick up the ball, shoot a half court shot of his OWN, and of course, drains it. Game over, I nearly threw the (48 inch) television.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: