Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
CAAIDN
High School Starter

CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation
Default Re: What is the most amazing and cool thing you have ever done in a NBA video game?

In NBA live 2005.I was playing with the Nugs and we were down by 30 in halftime,but in the 2 half Melo was straight fire from the 3.Ended up winning by 1 with Melo having 69 points.
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
GMAC
Get RED

GMAC has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What is the most amazing and cool thing you have ever done in a NBA video game?

I dunked with Steve Nash
GMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Made my friend quit the game while being the Knicks on 2k7, made like 6 3's in a row.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #19
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAC
I dunked with Steve Nash

nice
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #20
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i shot a 3 from the corner

it bounced off the opposite side of the rim, straight up about 10 feet

it hits the other side of the rim, goes straight up again about 10 feet,

swishes

never going to forget that, i think it was like nba live 97?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #21
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

<shrug> I've had some buzzer beaters and some comeback wins with 3 pointers and such, but I guess the most unique thing I've ever done is I've accomplished the rare quintiple double on multiple occasions with more than one player in NBA Live '04. That was the last Live game I bought and it was actually quite good. The hardest is to get the 10 blocks. But you can actually time your blocks in that game, which is rare. Usually in the 2K series for the PS2, I always just get called for a foul.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #22
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Well one time playing my friend in Tecmo NBA for SNES…

I scored like 60 points with Jim Les of the Sacramento Kings. The guy couldn't miss a three. I also had something like 30 points with Pete Chillcut. He could shoot the three ball too…

I used to get no name players and make them "stars" when I would play my friends in that game. Heck I took the Kings to the championship in that game with a 73-9 record! Tisdale, Richmond and Simmons were league leaders in scoring and Spud Webb was top 5 in assist if I recall…

I guess those are my crazy tales…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:42 PM   #23
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
<shrug> I've had some buzzer beaters and some comeback wins with 3 pointers and such, but I guess the most unique thing I've ever done is I've accomplished the rare quintiple double on multiple occasions with more than one player in NBA Live '04. That was the last Live game I bought and it was actually quite good. The hardest is to get the 10 blocks. But you can actually time your blocks in that game, which is rare. Usually in the 2K series for the PS2, I always just get called for a foul.

Mathius

In NBA2K8, you'll get called for a foul 90% of the time if you go for the block, but I've developed a little trick. I average around 10-15 blocks per game, no matter what team I use. When you're meeting someone at the rim, I press the directional slightly in the opposite direction, while going for the hard block. My player still jumps forward more than a turbo-less block, but It's not as much if you're doing it hard. I still foul, but the percentage is significantly less, and I can take any center in the L and he'll average 5BPG with me.

It's kind of hard to explain.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i inbounded the ball and hit the gamewinning 3 with hardly any time left. i'm too embarrassed to say who the player was.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #25
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

One time awhile back playing Live on on the SNES I belive I made furious come back against my friend. Nique inbounded the ball, the guy receiving the ball got swarmed and I kicked it back out to Nique for the game winning 3.....might've been for the tie, but I still won.

For some reason, I've never been able to make Gilbert go off. Awhile back I could never go off with Karl Malone.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #26
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I used to get no name players and make them "stars" when I would play my friends in that game. Heck I took the Kings to the championship in that game with a 73-9 record! Tisdale, Richmond and Simmons were league leaders in scoring and Spud Webb was top 5 in assist if I recall…

I guess those are my crazy tales…

I still do that today. Anyone with a dunk rating or a good shooting ability is fair game for superstardom.

In 2k8 (ps2) Terry Allen, Devin Brown, both dominating dunkers I can pretty much score at will with... DeMarr Johnson averages 17ppg in 17 minutes per game for my Cavaliers.

Monte Ellis and especially Kelenna Azubuike, both of the Warriors are both dangerous. Particularly Azubuike because he's a three point threat.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: