Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #16
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Both teams have had problems with their pitching at points in this season. The Mets are really good, but beatable (the Phillies have played very well against them recently).

The reason why I think the Yankees will win is because even when they don't hit well, they make the other team's pitcher work. The Yankees took a lot of pitches before Abreu arrived. But Abreu works pitchers more than any other hitter in Major League baseball. I think he's going to be scary now that he finally has a chance to be seen in the postseason. Also key Yankees (such as Jeter) and their manager have a lot of experience in the post-season.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #17
pgm
I hit open layups

pgm has an OK reputation so far

Even though I hate both teams, it would be sort of nice to get these two teams to match up. That way WS games would be over before 12:30 at night.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
2minutedrill32
I airball my layups

2minutedrill32 has an OK reputation so far

Dude...if you are going to state stats, at least come correct...

Delgado has the SAME amount of home runs as Giambi, MORE doubles, and his batting average is about 20 points HIGHER than Giambi's...and thats just this year...Delgado CRUSHED Giambi's stats last year and the year before...and before that that Giambi was doped up...

Oh...and Delgado is a MUCH better fielder...Giambi has 7 errors in 61 games at 1B this year...Delgado has 7 in 123 games...you do the math...there's a reason Giambi DH's half the time...Delgado has never been a DH

Advantage Delgado if its to anyone...
2minutedrill32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:23 PM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Yankees are better. That's not saying the Mets aren't good but they do play in the piss poor NL which nicely ups their record a bit.

Oh and anyone saying Reyes > Jeter or Reyes = Jeter...

Giambi > Delgado this year too.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #20
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Giambi's been suckin the nuts lately, in fact he's been a hot and cold guy this year. I'll take Delgado over him. By the way, baseball's not played in a court.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #21
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
you're just being biased. Almost all of the positions have comprable stats.

Reyes basically the same as Derek Jeter

Lo Duca > Jorge Posada-been hitting like .400 since the all-star break

Beltran > Johnny Damon-not even close

Delgado basically the same as Jason Giambi

Wright basically the same as Alex Rodriguez

Green < Bobby Abreu

Floyd < Hideki Matsui

Valentin < Robinson Cano

Starting pitching when healthy is basically equal

The bullpen of the Mets, aside from Rivera>Wagner, is vastly superior to the Yanks, not even close...

The Mets build a team with good under the radar signings and trades. Of course they have their share of big names, but the bulk of the team is quality signings...

Chad Bradford
Duaner Sanchez
Endy Chavez
Jose Valentin
Roberto Hernandez
Guillermo Mota
Pedro Felicano
Dave Williams
El Duque
Darren Oliver
John Maine

this is how you build a team. The Yanks just buy all big names, pay them as much as they can and throw them at a wall and hope they stick....

METS>Yanks

This is all true.

Handle The Rock, stop posting retarded sh!t on my board. You are completely biased, so much that it has blinded you from the truth.

Mets > Yankees
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #22
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also taking Lo Duca over Posada is as biased as one can be in this thread. Even most Met fans should realize this isn't even close to being true.

Neither have been too good or bad in the field this year (although Posada has the edge here too) but Posada is MILES ahead of Lo Duca when it comes to offense. Lo Duca has the edge AVG and yet Posada still has a much better OBP (which means more) and hits for way more power than Lo Duca.

Quote:
been hitting like .400 since the all-star break
That's nice... what about all the games before the all-star break (which was more than half the season)???

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 09-07-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:03 PM   #23
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Jeter is definately better than Reyes, that's not to say Reyes can't have a better series than Derek though. Reyes is a guy that makes sh*t happen.

And give me Delgado anyday over Giambi.

Lets not forget Beltrans playoff history

I think the Mets pitching staff is definately better and will be healthy come the playoffs. Id take Pedro over this Wang guy, Glavine over the Unit.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 09-07-2006 at 06:05 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yankees without question.

Mets are playing in AAAA, NL is a joke.

Mets are 6-9 against the AL, wouldn't even make the playoffs in it. Give me a break.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #25
Starbury4MVP
Banned

I'm pretty sure Mets are 9-8 against the AL
Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pretty sure I just looked it up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings/grid
Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

You wanna know what a joke the NL is, the Royals are 10-8 against NL teams.

The Royals

EDIT: And only two NL teams have winning records against the AL.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #28
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Yankees are better, this year, no team can go against the Yankees hitting if they are healthy... no pitching is good enough... In any 5 or 7 game series, Yankees take it...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #29
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Yankees are better, this year, no team can go against the Yankees hitting if they are healthy... no pitching is good enough... In any 5 or 7 game series, Yankees take it...

No way, any hot pitcher can shutout any lineup.

MLB playoffs are just like the NHlL playoffs. One goalie, or one pitcher, can totally dominate and send their team to the Championship.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #30
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Pretty sure I just looked it up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings/grid
Either way, I watched those games. This Soler guy was brought up from the minors, and he pitched against the Yankees twice and the Red Sox once. He was completely terrible. We didn't use our best pitchers against most AL teams. They were like throwaways for Randolph.

BTW, I love how you used your magic crystal ball to tell us that the Mets wouldn't make playoffs in the NL:rollingeyes:
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: