Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #31
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
Either way, I watched those games. This Soler guy was brought up from the minors, and he pitched against the Yankees twice and the Red Sox once. He was completely terrible. We didn't use our best pitchers against most AL teams. They were like throwaways for Randolph.

BTW, I love how you used your magic crystal ball to tell us that the Mets wouldn't make playoffs in the NL:rollingeyes:

That's two strikes.

I said they wouldn't make it in the AL.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #32
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
We didn't use our best pitchers against most AL teams. They were like throwaways for Randolph.

Please, that's a load of bull.

Just checked the schedule and in the first interleague series vs Baltimore the Mets had Glavine and Pedro. Then they played 3 straight series vs the AL East so their best pitchers MUST have (and were) used on their regular starts. Don't try to BS it that the Mets suddenly rested their top starters in June/July.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #33
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
That's two strikes.

I said they wouldn't make it in the AL.
Whatever, typo
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #34
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Please, that's a load of bull.

Just checked the schedule and in the first interleague series vs Baltimore the Mets had Glavine and Pedro. Then they played 3 straight series vs the AL East so their best pitchers MUST have (and were) used on their regular starts. Don't try to BS it that the Mets suddenly rested their top starters in June/July.
Pretty sure we owned Baltimore. But look at our pitchers vs. Red Sox and Yankees. Lets say Soler never pitched and we won 3 more games. Then our record is 9-6 vs. AL. Out AL record is misleading, just look at the pitching.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #35
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Out AL record is misleading, just look at the pitching.

You realize you could say this for every single team in the league?? Hey I'm a Jays fan... the Jays would be challenging for the Wild Card if Josh Towers never pitched.

Fact is that the Mets had pretty much their regular rotation in at that time.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #36
Starbury4MVP
Banned

With the exception of Soler. I mean, they sent a rookie to face the Red Sox and Yankees, what did you expect?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #37
brwnman

Quote:
No way, any hot pitcher can shutout any lineup.

MLB playoffs are just like the NHlL playoffs. One goalie, or one pitcher, can totally dominate and send their team to the Championship.

actually its the total opposite, baseball is a true team game... you can have one pitcher, and he can pitch great for one night, but what about the other couple of games that the other pitchers have to throw... Yankees' line-up is way too good to be shutdown for 3 games out of 5, assuming they are all healthy...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM   #38
different107
National High School Star

yanks
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #39
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
[IMG]Starting pitching when healthy is basically equal[/IMG]
are you joking? did i just put my top 3 pitchers against your top 3 and your top 3 get smoked by the record? they double some of your pitchers record..im sorry to say this but mets pitching is nothing near the yankees..

He's not basically better then jason giambi, giambi leads in HR'S and RBI'S and Doubles. He hits the ball better and is a better fielder then delgado, dont get over yourself man it's okay..

once again, take it to the stats, lo duca got in the allstar game in the NL, posada would be an allstar if in NL, not to mention 2 three run homers last night was impressive

Posada > Lo Duca, please dont compare

you are the biggest met homer in the world if you believe this..jeter being compared to reyes now? when jeter could win AL mvp? stop getting ahead of yourself homer.

now your making me laugh, look at the HR'S and RBI'S AROD is the better player, im sorry to tell you met homers but you will not win a world series

don't get it twisted, mets are good but will never compare to the yanks
callin me a met homer, look at the stats. Reyes leads the game in triples, sb, and runs. Most electrifying player in the game. Wright only has like 8 less HR, everything else is either the same or better, and his fielding is way better. Lo Duca is definetly everything Posada is. Just cause Lo Duca isn't a power hitter doesn't make him ineffective. Delgado and Giambi are basically the same, period. Don't tell me Delgado is a worse fielder, your dreaming...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #40
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
The Yankees are better. That's not saying the Mets aren't good but they do play in the piss poor NL which nicely ups their record a bit.

Oh and anyone saying Reyes > Jeter or Reyes = Jeter...

Giambi > Delgado this year too.
Even Michael Kay, the biggest Yankee fan on earth, says it's close between Reyes and Jeter.

Delgado >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giambi
Old 09-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #41
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
You wanna know what a joke the NL is, the Royals are 10-8 against NL teams.

The Royals

EDIT: And only two NL teams have winning records against the AL.
so were the yanks. man they're good
Old 09-07-2006, 11:23 PM   #42
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Delgado >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Giambi

Too bad facts don't support this at all. Giambi has been better this year and most of the more detailed stats support it such as value over replacement player, runs created and win shares.

Even with the simpler normal stats I don't see how anyone can argue it. They hit for the same amount of power but Giambi gets on base at a much greater rate (thus creating less outs which is basically the point of hitting).
Old 09-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #43
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
actually its the total opposite, baseball is a true team game... you can have one pitcher, and he can pitch great for one night, but what about the other couple of games that the other pitchers have to throw... Yankees' line-up is way too good to be shutdown for 3 games out of 5, assuming they are all healthy...

No way dude, 1 pitcher can take 3 games in a series. Schilling did it with the Diamondbacks and Red Sox, Beckett did it with the Marlins, didn't one of the Angels starters do it in when they won?

Not the ultimate team game, you just need a hot pitcher, and a home run.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #44
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
The Yankees are better. That's not saying the Mets aren't good but they do play in the piss poor NL which nicely ups their record a bit.

Oh and anyone saying Reyes > Jeter or Reyes = Jeter...

Giambi > Delgado this year too.

Quote:
We didn't use our best pitchers against most AL teams. They were like throwaways for Randolph

sure :rollingeyes:

Yankees > Mets End this thread.

Once i saw Reyes > Jeter or Reyes=Jeter it made me sick to my stomach

wtf is wrong with met fans, they are doing good in the AAA(NL) and they think they win a world series?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #45
pgm
I hit open layups

Quote:
No way, any hot pitcher can shutout any lineup.

MLB playoffs are just like the NHlL playoffs. One goalie, or one pitcher, can totally dominate and send their team to the Championship.

No, here's the difference. A pitcher doesn't pitch any night. He rarely goes 9 innings. Curt Schilling won the '93 NLCS with a record of 0-0. Mitch Williams blew two saves.

Although with the NHL, you can't win with one goalie. I've seen games lost because the offense gave nothing. One player can never win by himself.
pgm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: