Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
pg4foy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default What about this trade?

What do you think about this trade (will do it in NBA 2k7)

Toronto (me) : Sends out
Mo Pete
Rasho Nesterovic
Joey Graham

Minnessota: Sends out
Randy Foye
Mark Blount
Mark Madsen

Minnessota reason to do the deal:
Minnessota wants to win NOW with KG; Mo Pete is a seasoned veteran, a really needed center in Rasho and a athletic forward with good size in Joey (to back up Tent Hassell) Also sends out two big contracts.

New Starting 5: Rasho, KG, Hassel, MoPete, Mike James (Ricky D 6th man)

Toronto reason to do it (mine): Believe Randy Foye is the next D-Wadeand are willing to sacrifice a bit of money for it. Also, they are aware that next year drafts is full of centers, PF and SF. Sure they lose a lot of depth but with the extension of Bosh signed thay can wait a lil bit to win... (2 years)

New starting 5 :
Bargianni (who could switch at SF next year if a good big man is drafted)
CB4
Anthony Parker
Randy Foye
T.J. Ford

What do you guys think?
pg4foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
brwnman

it doesn't really help them that much and it doesn't really help us that much, actually both our teams get worse... we get worse on defense and they get worse on offense...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
pg4foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
it doesn't really help them that much and it doesn't really help us that much, actually both our teams get worse... we get worse on defense and they get worse on offense...

Well I think Minnessota becomes short term a lot better with MoPete and Rasho.

And I think we get worse shor-term but a lot better long-term. With that line-up I could see a top 10 position in the draft and landing a Joakim Noah (his stock will fall a bit IMO), Aaron Gray, Roy Hibbert, Hasheem Thabeet or a solid SF. Then we trade our 2008 1st round draft pick for some solid veteran to back us up (a C or a PF and a SF).

Championship teams are often formed because of drafts (exception of Detroit and LA... look at the Spurs drafting Duncan, Heat with Wade, Bulls with Jordan, Suns with Amare)

Starting line-up of 2007-2008 season could be:

C - Drafted Center (Noah, Gray, Hibbert, if lucky Oden but won't happen!)
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Bargianni
SG - Randy Foye
PG - T.J. Ford

and we could be pretty deep if we can trade our 2008 first round pick... this could be a championship caliber team
Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 AM   #4
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Foye is PG, he cant be a full time SG which is our need. Foye is scorer though he would fit in here nicely. I would consider that deal but if i was BC i probably wont do it. Wait and see what this current team can do.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:50 AM   #5
craigthomasb
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg4foy
What do you think about this trade (will do it in NBA 2k7)

Toronto (me) : Sends out
Mo Pete
Rasho Nesterovic
Joey Graham

Minnessota: Sends out
Randy Foye
Mark Blount
Mark Madsen

What do you guys think?

your a minnesota fan thats what i think, we finally got a real centre after years of searching, joey graham still has big upside and mo pete is our only good defensive player and life long raptor, for possibly one of the worst contracts n the legaue with mark blount, anohter PF in mark madsen, like we need 6! and randy foye is too small to play SG and isnt a real PG hes a combo guard which arnt ideal to start with
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:11 AM   #6
RapsFan
Great college starter

I hear what you're saying about long term, and sure, if we could guarantee a lineup of Bargs/Bosh/'07SF/Foye/TJ....we would be idiots not to do that. Even if it meant having Mark Blount on the roster until his contract expires. Madsen isn't very good, but the Raptor faithful would love him at the 4/5. I put Bargs only at 5 b/c I don't think he'll ever be a SF, so we should draft a SF in '07 IMO.

In reality, Minny doesn't do this deal. They took Foye as part of their rebuilding plan for when KG eventually leaves town. Foye is a combo guard yes, but so is Wade. I think he'll prove to be able to handle either PG or SG. Anyway, I don't think Minny deals him away for that package, especially since they would have no assurances that Mo Pete wouldn't walk in the offseason. Minny will miss the playoffs again, and take another young stud in the '07 draft to team with Foye as their future foundation.

Side question, if Chicago was actually offering one of the '07 picks (some said it was the Knicks pick!), Tyrus Thomas and Tyson Chandler.....why the hell didn't Minny pull the trigger?! Just another horrendous error by McHale. Instead, he signed Mike James....yikes.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

if i was toronto i would pass, they got the true center, true small foward in graham and a good player in mo pete, madsen, foye and blount isnt worth that
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #8
Nhui
I brick open layups

The only player the Raptors would want is Randy Foye. In a perfect Raptors world, I would do Joey Graham, Slokar and rights to Roko Ukic for Foye but should a straight up trade Mo Pete for Foye be on the table, I would definitely consider... even though we need veterans like Mo to make a playoff run, Foye would be great long term and though it means we don't have a playoff chance this year (probably), i think Raptor ball will still be much more entertaining to watch this year anyways so I can wait for playoff run next year.
Nhui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
bonez26
Local High School Star

Meh just don't like this deal for the Raps. They give up to much to recieve and uproven commidty and some throw ins.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #10
pg4foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
your a minnesota fan thats what i think, we finally got a real centre after years of searching, joey graham still has big upside and mo pete is our only good defensive player and life long raptor, for possibly one of the worst contracts n the legaue with mark blount, anohter PF in mark madsen, like we need 6! and randy foye is too small to play SG and isnt a real PG hes a combo guard which arnt ideal to start with

Actually no, I am a huge Raptors fan. But I am also a uge Randy Fote fan and believe he will be this year's draft best player when it's all said and done.

It's weird how some of you are saying Minnessota gets the bed end of the deal while others are saying it's Toronto...

Personnally I think to be a contender you need a SG or Sf who can score... who can hit the big shot. Currently, we don't have that.. it doesn't look like we're going to have that with free agency or in the draft (we'll be an 8th seed team next year and probably improve a lil bit after that). My point is go get a SG scorer (and yes Randy Foye can play the 2, and he sure can play a bit at the PG position too). Sure our team will not make playoff this year... THEY WILL GET A TOP 8 frst round pick in a draft full of SF, PF and C. Just what we need!

The price to pay is definetly the Mark Blount contract... it's a risky move but with CB4 extension signed, I would do it (especially in my video game!)
Old 09-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #11
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Default Why do this Trade??

Minni already tried to win with Rasho and it failed ....
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #12
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

i dont think u should risk it all just on randy foye. i mean, hes a good player, thats for sure, but what if he gets injured and never truly develops? also, i wouldnt want mark blount even if its a rookie minimum.
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 AM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRapsFan4Lyf
i dont think u should risk it all just on randy foye. i mean, hes a good player, thats for sure, but what if he gets injured and never truly develops? also, i wouldnt want mark blount even if its a rookie minimum.
Um just wondering...didn't Colangelo just traded a talented charlie v for a guy who is talented as well but had spinal cord surgery the other year??? That's why people make deals. Randy Foye ain't leaving minny, sure as hell not for rasho. minny glad there was a sucker a couple years ago to take him off their hands. rasho has been perrenial doo-doo his whole career.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #14
browntown
National High School Star

ah shut up knicks. I wouldn't mind having foye but giving Mo Pete up is big. He's are best perimeter defender.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: