Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 10-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Pre-season games

Ok, so it is about to start. Today is the first game, facing the Rockets in Houston. There's not a real preview of the game, but in the article below there are some hints of what we should expect for tonight.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ack=1#comments

Two things worry me:
- if the offense is coming "slow" and the team is still a running team, today we will suffer a lot of the same problems with the offensive flow we had last year. Ok, it is the first game, so I'm not scared, but I don't expect many good things today.
- Toine
Quote:
But Walker doesn't quite understand the concern over 3-point shooting with the loss of Mike Miller and Juan Carlos Navarro.

"I can do that. I'm not worried about that," Walker said. "As you get familiar with the offense you know what are good 3s to take. I'll be there. I can replace some of that 3-point shooting."

Anyway, I'm more excited than I expected.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Default Re: Pre-season games

Yes! Houston gets to see once again, the player they could have had, Mr. Rudy Gay. Let's go Grizzlies!
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Rudy air balls the game winning shot. Why does this guy never passes the ball late in games?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
Rudy air balls the game winning shot. Why does this guy never passes the ball late in games?
Because he has basically been given the green light to shoot late in games when the game is on the line. So he's going to use that and take advantage.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:

Did you watch the game? I'm wondering how good the defense was.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yes! Houston gets to see once again, the player they could have had, Mr. Rudy Gay. Let's go Grizzlies!

why isnt our best shooter shooting the game winning shot? especially 3pter ill let it pass cause it preseason but we need to give it to Mayo if we down by 3pts give it to gayy if we are down by 2pts
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I trust the ball in rudys hands. I just wish he had gotten a better shot. I dont mind him missing it. Mayo was off that game.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:13 AM   #8
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know it's only pre-season, but is anyone else impressed with Conley? So far, in 3 games, he's averaging.....

10.7 ppg / 6.7 rpg / 4 apg in about 27 mpg

I'm pretty impressed with the reebounding numbers. The only player who is rebounding better is Warrick, who's pulling down 9 rpg. Conley is out rebounding Gay and Gasol. Nice.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Yes his rebounding numbers have impressed me the most so far. I'm hoping this continues throughout the season. I've been kind of disappointed with Mayo though. He needs to learn to take quality shots. I know it's early and he's still in the learning stage, but he gets too trigger happy at times.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:39 AM   #10
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Did anyone watch the Bobcats game? Gasol and Darko started, which I was hoping they'd do. Can anyone say how they'd played together?

Also, Hakim just probably played his best preseason game. He's really suited to play tweener off the bench.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #11
Ankel Breaker
I airball my layups

Ankel Breaker has an OK reputation so far

they play the pacers tonight.
Ankel Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Huge game from Mayo, 26 point and also impressive all along the statline. After a couple of shakey game, he comes and pulls this gem out. Hopefully OJ can have some performances like this during the season.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #13
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

26 points and 5 steals, very nice
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Ankel Breaker
I airball my layups

Ankel Breaker has an OK reputation so far

Mayo could of had more if he had playd in the fourth. Marc had a nice game too. 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Ankel Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #15
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Watching the game now, and R.O.C. is the real deal. They complement each other so well. Also the Mayo/Gasol 'give and go' is unstoppable. Gasol has this hook shot and it just seems automatic. Only thing I don't like is that Warrick is not being involved enough. He's not getting enough touches.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: