Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 04:49 AM   #61
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

I really don't get the excitement of playing in the nba. A few major markets are viable but the interest isn't there for the majority of the franchises to compete financially. Eventually teams spending money they don't have will cause a crisis.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #62
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
The draft isn't today, today is just the draft lottery. The draft will be held towards the end of June.
you are right I apologise, as for victor claver berraco is right.when he first appeared he looked really good but last season and this season he has been very normal.I think pau ribas of joventut is a much better player albeit a different type of player.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #63
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I really don't get the excitement of playing in the nba. A few major markets are viable but the interest isn't there for the majority of the franchises to compete financially. Eventually teams spending money they don't have will cause a crisis.
You know that when it comes to this subject I am with you 100%. I don't see how a player who could be playing in europe competing against great teams and fighting for atleast 3 competitions could be excited to go play for the clippers!! If I was ricky for example I would rather sign for barca,pana,cska etc that would be more exciting.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #64
b.jerk
High School JV MVP
 
b.jerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 656
b.jerk has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
You know that when it comes to this subject I am with you 100%. I don't see how a player who could be playing in europe competing against great teams and fighting for atleast 3 competitions could be excited to go play for the clippers!! If I was ricky for example I would rather sign for barca,pana,cska etc that would be more exciting.

I like Blake Griffin, I thinks he's more than a copy of another prospect. The guys that are good are more than the next _____ . But what do you say to the guy, congratulations you're the best prospect for the nba, now go play for Donald Sterling. If you read the deadspin piece Sterling's the worst of both character and organization. Someone like a Blake Griffin would want to work in a place like that?

Portland got the better half of the DKV Joventut dual of Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez. Which I personally think Rudy Fernandez signing with the Portland Trailblazers will be remembered as a cautionary tale. Portland has allowed itself to be hit harder in the current recession and Paul Allen is having his own difficulties.

For some reason the nba prefers those that peak when they're young than the guy that gradually improves. I'm not that high on Ricky Rubio.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #65
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,708
Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Acb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I really don't get the excitement of playing in the nba. A few major markets are viable but the interest isn't there for the majority of the franchises to compete financially. Eventually teams spending money they don't have will cause a crisis.


Because some players believe the NBA hype and marketing machine. It's not really based in reality at all, but that's why the NBA spends billions in marketing.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:48 PM   #66
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I like Blake Griffin, I thinks he's more than a copy of another prospect. The guys that are good are more than the next _____ . But what do you say to the guy, congratulations you're the best prospect for the nba, now go play for Donald Sterling. If you read the deadspin piece Sterling's the worst of both character and organization. Someone like a Blake Griffin would want to work in a place like that?

Portland got the better half of the DKV Joventut dual of Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez. Which I personally think Rudy Fernandez signing with the Portland Trailblazers will be remembered as a cautionary tale. Portland has allowed itself to be hit harder in the current recession and Paul Allen is having his own difficulties.

For some reason the nba prefers those that peak when they're young than the guy that gradually improves. I'm not that high on Ricky Rubio.
I think Ricky will be great,he is only 18 lets not forget.However I think he needs to stay in Europe in a great european side for atleast 3 or 4 years.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #67
Luz for 3
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Luz for 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6
Luz for 3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I think Ricky will be great,he is only 18 lets not forget.However I think he needs to stay in Europe in a great european side for atleast 3 or 4 years.

I take the decision of being elegible draft player and, for sure, he will be selected. I think he needs to improve his shooting ability and his physical capacity to be an effective player in NBA.
Luz for 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:50 AM   #68
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

I still have a feeling that he wont go this year.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #69
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

unicaja up in the 3rd when barca had upto 11 points in the 1st half.barca are awful,Navarro can't score.Xavi Pascual is not a coach for barca.you can't have a team of this budjet with this coach!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #70
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

like in so many important games Navarro is being ****! loads of turnovers and only 2 field goals made in the entire game. Anderson and Ilyasova missing easy shots from close range because they are scared of ndong! a lot of money but no cojones.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #71
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

unicaja ran out of gas.If barca don't improve , especially Ilyasova! TAU will destroy them.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #72
vittor14
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
vittor14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 43
vittor14 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

BARA won in a bad match agaisnt unicaja.will be a difficult final with tau vitoria. GO BARA GO
vittor14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #73
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Acb.

2 1 great game from barca. Ilyasova and the incombustible Basile! How great Gianluca Basile is! anyway great chance for barca to win it at home.TAU have players with niggling injuries,Splitter as usual is out at sea when he is facing big defenders and big matches,I really think Splitter is good but not great,nowhere near what Scola was for TAU.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy