Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Arrow Expectations: Kevin Martin

Hello everybody, new poster here, I'm a huge Kings fan but i follow all 30 teams too. I live in Sac so i go to a whole bunch of Kings games, and I'm looking forward to posting here

Ok so what i wanted to talk about was Kevin Martin. The chances of the Kings resigning Bonzi Wells is extremely small, so Kevin Martin will probably get to start, finally. What do you expect to see from him next season? I think his numbers can be around 13 or 14 ppg, 3-4 rbg, and 1 spg.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #2
BradMiller52
Kings fan

If you look at his stats when starting on ESPN he got something like those last year. I'm hopin for 15-17 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 steal.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #3
Buck
I airball my layups

Default A Player to Watch

• I believe that Kevin Martin will be the biggest surprise of the season. You will see him driving the lane more--which could result in an increased number of free throws.

He never seems to tire so I expect him to play more minutes than last year--maybe 15 points, 4 boards, 2 steals, 3 assists.

My focus will be on him during the preseason games--I'm confident that this will be a "breakout year."
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:44 AM   #4
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Arrow Unearthly Giles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
  • I believe that Kevin Martin will be the biggest surprise of the season. You will see him driving the lane more--which could result in an increased number of free throws.

He never seems to tire so I expect him to play more minutes than last year--maybe 15 points, 4 boards, 2 steals, 3 assists.

My focus will be on him during the preseason games--I'm confident that this will be a "breakout year."

I don't think I can recall seeing KMart tired....his stamina and conditioning is really good.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
zident
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
I don't think I can recall seeing KMart tired....his stamina and conditioning is really good.

welcme bak kiss missed ya...lol dis yo boi perezident i jus got banned so i'll be bac on da 9th
zident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

IMO last year was his breakout year, he made a huge leap from being a bench warmer to a dependable 2guard. This year I heard he has gotten a stronger and been working on his shot. So I'll predict 15 ppg 5 rpg 2 apg 1.5 spg 2 3pg 45% fg

But all this depends on what kind of offense the Kings run, the motion offense was good for Kevin because he could cut, run, and shoot.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #7
insidehoops
Administrator

The good thing for kevin martin is that he shouldn't have to be a star. Bibby and Artest should be the primary options, with martin stepping up when needed
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:03 AM   #8
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

This kid is one of my most anticipated players i'm looking forward to seeing this upcoming season. He deserves a starting role. 15ppg is certainly not out of reach.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: