Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default How Do You Guys Like JO?

How are you guys liking JO so far? He really hasnt put up any good number...what are you thoughts?
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation
Default Re: How Do You Guys Like JO?

His conditioning and offence isn't there yet but it's still preseason.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Think you might be hanging your hat too much on JO's offense ,it's his defensive presence that's going to make the biggest difference.

Not to mention he's still learning to play with a new team.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:20 AM   #4
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Like his interior presence, seems to me like players changing their shots when they get into the paint...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

I think JO's presence will be felt in the win/loss column come start of the season. I don't expect 20/10 from JO. I see his impact to be simular to KG's in Boston last year, not as big an impact mind you, but simular in the defensive intensity and accountability with the team on defence.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #6
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Shown a couple of glimpes of why he is a low percentage shooter, sometimes a black hole. But honestly, I expect with the scoring load of his shoulders, his FG% should rise and hopefully he stays near the basket more.

Really could care less about his preseason numbers.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

I like his defensive presence downlow, seems to get up on every shot and i like the way hes playing.. as for his offense its alright, but hey.. its at least we got d downlow
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

I haven't really formed an opinion yet. He hasn't played at all in quite a few months, is in a brand new offense, and has a new role on the team. I'm going to wait until the first quarter of season is over until I make a judgment. Ideally he will anchor the perimiter D, and help with the spacing on offense...I will be quite happy with 14ppg, 10 boards, 1-2 blocks, and not disrupting the ball movement.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 AM   #9
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

What we have seen from O'Neal thus far is actually exactly what I was expecting from him during the preaseason.

His conditioning and legs aren't completely back yet after all of the time he has missed over the past season. His offense has yet to come along as well, but again, that is to be expected, at least from me. He has shown glimpses of what we will see from him during the season though, and it is just going to take time before his translates those glimpses into consistent, everyday play. I have faith that O'Neal will get into form just as the preseason is winding down and the regular season starts. Once his conditioning gets up to par, I expect to see the rest of his game round into form as well.

Then we also have to consider that he is playing in a new offense and in a role that he hasn't had to play for a long time now. He has grown used to being the star on the team so he is having to adjust to playing alongside somebody like Chris Bosh. Once he gets more comfortable with the system, as well as his role, his offense should take off as well.

His defense has been nice to see though. You can tell that his presence is felt on the floor. Not sure if he has blocked a lot of shots or anything but he is altering shots down low and that is something that the Raptors have lacked for the longest time now. O'Neal makes people think about driving into the paint and he if he is not blocking the shot, he makes the opponent alter it. His defense has been nice to see, and in my opinion, it will only get better as he gets into game shape.

He hasn't blown me away, but I didn't expect him to be putting up fantastic numbers during the preaseason. It will take some time but I think that JO will round into form at the end of the preaseason/beginning of the regular season.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In terms of numbers, i'm hoping for something around 15/8/2, but as RCW and others have said, even more than that i'm hoping for him to bring a defensive intensity and a defensive mindset to a team that has been all about offense for the past few seasons. That impact would mean just as much if not more than any stats he can put up.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #11
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Screw the numbers his defense is amazing. Hes a really good man-to-man defender and he blocks/alternate shots. Gets you boards, im not fond with his offense but on dat Moskow game.. he looked good from those passes from Bosh
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:49 AM   #12
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far

There was a play during the exhibition game against the Lakers where the Raps were on a break, JO was in the middle, JC & Adams were on the wings. JO was in a full sprint, got a pass from Adams, came to a dead stop, did a 360 spin, got hit by Radmanovic, and then by Kobe, but still layed it up for an --- AND ONE.

Any doubts I had about his health just went out the door....he's back!!!!
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #13
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

T.J Ford is performing well for the Pacers. He was 6-16 in shooting last night but managed to get 9 assists and 19 points.

Nesterovic was amazing last night and our draft pick, Hibbert put up some decent numbers in limited minutes.

JO has been reasonable for us in pre-season, but so far, it looks like Pacers are getting the better end of the bargain. Only time will tell who won in the trade.
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
How are you guys liking JO so far? He really hasnt put up any good number...what are you thoughts?

more than you'll ever be
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #15
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
T.J Ford is performing well for the Pacers. He was 6-16 in shooting last night but managed to get 9 assists and 19 points.

Nesterovic was amazing last night and our draft pick, Hibbert put up some decent numbers in limited minutes.

JO has been reasonable for us in pre-season, but so far, it looks like Pacers are getting the better end of the bargain. Only time will tell who won in the trade.

Doesn't really matter how they perform. Pretty much everyone realizes that TJ wouldn't be putting up those numbers had he stayed. The current Raptors have more upside than if they had not done that deal.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: