Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default The X Factor

Quote:
The slight forward added 8 pounds, but he acknowledges he needs to improve his shooting, ballhandling and confidence.

By JERRY ZGODA, Star Tribune
MANKATO You'd never know it by looking at those scrawny arms and calves he inherited from a father nicknamed Pee Wee, but Corey Brewer claims he has returned for his crucial second season with the Timberwolves stronger, better.

He has done so by exercising those limber limbs in the weight room and those smiley jaws in the dining room to varying degrees of success.

"I think he has gained 8 pounds," Wolves Vice President of Basketball Operations Kevin McHale said, "and for Corey, that's not easy."

I think he's the key for us. He can bring great perimeter defense and he is getting better. His confiedence is at an all-time high and if we can have him break out and have a convincing sophomore season, then we are one step closer to achieving play-off team status.

Quote:
"Last year, I lost my confidence," Brewer said. "I worked real hard this summer. I shot the ball a lot, so I could get my stroke back."

Only a few weeks until the season starts so post your X Factor.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-13-2008 at 08:33 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 AM   #2
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The X Factor

Oh heck yeah! If CB22 can give us 10/10 and lock down players, he will be a huge key for us.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Oh heck yeah! If CB22 can give us 10/10 and lock down players, he will be a huge key for us.
He doesn't have the potential to give us 10 rebounds a game. I predict at best he gives us a 14/6 season. The only way that happens is if he scores at a high percentage. He won't get a main role unless he performs very well. Wittman is a pretty good coach and good coaches are picky.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-17-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
He doesn't have the potential to give us 10 rebounds a game. I predict at best he gives us a 14/6 season. The only way that happens is if he scores at a high percentage. He won't get a main role unless he performs very well. Wittman is a pretty good coach and good coaches are picky.

He could give us 10 boards a night. That is only 2.5 boards a quarter. But knowing our system, the 14/6 sounds about right. I am still not sold on Wittman being this "pretty good" coach.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
04mzwach

He probably only plays three quarters though. Not everybody can play 48 minutes.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Big Al All day has decent reputation

I don't think he'll even get close to three quarters. hopefully gomes will get most of the time and they wont end up splitting time.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #7
04mzwach

I think Gomes plays some minutes, but Corey has to come in to gaurd the speedy 3's or big 2's. I wasn't saying he will play 3 quarters though. I was saying he probably wouldn't be able to play 48 minutes given the opportunity.

Corey has to be played though, because of his defense. He's a lock down defender and can get boards playing the 3.

I hope Rodney Carney surprises some people this year too. Rodney Carney, what an athlete. I don't see him getting any minutes soon, unless he starts improving.

Gomes will likely pick up any minutes behind around 8 or 9 players in some games. We're not a team lacking offense anymore, otherwise I think Gomes gets more minutes. What do you think?

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-28-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
Big Al All day

Well i do see what you mean by brining corey in to guard more elite 2s and 3s, because he is a lot better of a defender than gomes. i wouldnt mind seeing them split time at the 3 with miller at the 2 and rashad as the sixth man. Rashad and Carney could both be very good coming off the bench and if corey improves his offense (I've read that he has, but who knows) thats a pretty solid bench, Besides all the scrubs we have at the 5
Old 12-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
04mzwach

Corey Brewer's injury will probably take a year in a half to fully recover or just start playing is my guess. But his injury will lead to a higher powered offense and this might be a good look for the T-wolves. Brewer, now a player we might drop because we haven't seen enough of him and probably won't.

edit: hope things work out though...

Last edited by 04mzwach : 12-01-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #10
04mzwach

More of Rashad...I want to see him get steady minutes for once. I always thought he was the type of guy who needs more shots to be consistent. Let's see how he reacts. He loves that ball.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #11
04mzwach

Corey Brewer is back and better than ever. He still makes dumb moves some of the time, but if he learns from it all then I see him being damn good. He will always be the X factor in games. The dude changes the entire game with his defense and hustle whether his offense flowing or not.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
04mzwach

Flynn showed he was a rookie last night. He sure looks like a bright part of them Timberwolves future.

Flynn
Brewer
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

This is our core group of guys. Would you add anybody else to the mix?
Old 11-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
Big Al All day

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Flynn showed he was a rookie last night. He sure looks like a bright part of them Timberwolves future.

Flynn
Brewer
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

This is our core group of guys. Would you add anybody else to the mix?
I would add sessions and hollins off the bench. Sessions could be huge as a sixth man. I mean how many teams have starting point gaurds coming off the bench. Hollins has actually really impressed me. Great hustle, awesome athleticism, and his shot from 15 in is pretty decent. But yeah, the guys you listed are def the core for us.

As for Brewer, he has been pretty good. He seems to attack the basket more, but he still makes dumb plays like getting out of control on a fastbreak and missing easy layups.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
04mzwach

Default Corey Brewer: One of the most improved players this year

Brewer has scored 15+ over 15 times this season averaging above 50 FG% over those 15+ games. Improved shooting, athleticism and a real hustle type of player. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of teams want to sign him after next season. He just loves to play ball and you can see it.

Check out his game by game stats
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/corey_...ame_stats.html

Last edited by 04mzwach : 02-08-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 AM   #15
Granny Danger
Kids at the park dunk on me

Granny Danger has decent reputation

He sure proved me wrong, I thought he would be in the D-league all season.
Good job Corey!
Granny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: