Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
Default preseason top 10

the 09 draft imo is nowhere near as deep as the 08 draft, and may not contain the no brainer 1st 2nd type picks as oden, durant & rose beasley- but there are still some very solid players who i believe may be drafted more on team need than automatic picks the past few years

1-bobcats- austin daye 6-11 pf gonzaga- bobcats go with the extremely skilled pf, daye's offense in between wallace & okafor is the first step in moving past the recent mistakes at pg

2-nets- blake griffen 6-9 sf/pf oklahoma- the nets get lucky in the lottery & decide not to wait for the tiny chance at lebron- they fill their biggest hole at sf- griffen at pf is a solid prospect- i believe he is an nba 3 and a great prospect

3-nuggets- ricky rubio 6-4 pg spain- g karl & iverson run the team into the ground, but it all comes out perfect when the nugs win the 3rd spot and grab the perfect player to add to the core of carmelo, nene, jr smith & kleiza- rubio running the break w those guys? special

4-knicks- brandon jennings 6-1 pg spain?- d'antoni gets his pg and the knicks offense takes off like a rocket- take out rose and jennings is the quickest pg to come into the league since i thomas or iverson

5-heat- james johnson 6-8 sf wake forest- the heat after a dissapointing season (again) they say goodbye to marion and replace him w johnson- the perfect complement to and between wade and beasly help the heat move from close to good

6- grizzlies- hasheem thabeet- 7-3 c uconn- overloaded with backcourt players the grizz have to grab the top c in a week c draft- thabeets defense & agility mix well with young gasol to give them a solid tandem

7-pacers- demar derozen- 6-6 sg sc- pacers choose potential over production in taking derozen over harden- tj ford will deliver a group of lottery picks to indi starting with the high flying derozen

8-bucks- james harden 6-5 g asu- harden is the best player left, and judging by the joe alexander pick the bucks dont go with team needs- harden will blow up and alow the rebuilding to start w a redd trade unless the redd trade happens this season (clev, ny?)

9-t-wolves- tyler smith 6-8 sf/sg tennessee- minni realizes brewer fits better as a defender of the bench and adds the #3 sf in a great sf class- smith complements mike miller well and also gives some playmaking as the do-it all wing

10-thunder- stephan curry- 6-1 pg davidson- the peices keep coming together around durant as the perfect backup for westbrook is taken- curry is the best shooter in many drafts and becomes the perfect 6th man for the well put together thunder

this draft really seems to depend on the freshman and how many are ready for the nba- hard to keep going after 10 for me- not enough real nba players
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #2
Maniak
TJ Warren
 
Maniak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 27,840
Default Re: preseason top 10

Sorry, but there is no way Curry should come off the bench as a 6th man
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
out|hoops|side
Banned
 
out|hoops|side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The depleted northwest
Posts: 524
Default Re: preseason top 10

Wait, so you don't think Curry will get those kind of minutes or you think he will be starting?

My top 10:

10. Earl Clark - experienced college player with nice athleticism and versatility

9. Hasheem Thabeet - oozing with potential and already has fantastic athleticism and timing for blocks

8. Brandon Jennings - Kenny Anderson/Allen Iverson hybrid

7. Stephen Curry - he will go here if he does a good job of converting to the point guard at Davidson this year, if not, he is not in the lottery

6. Austin Daye - possesses great length, athleticism, and shooting/scoring ability at the SF

5. Demar DeRozan - jaw-dropping athlete, premier wing-player of this draft, going to be a star

4. James Harden - it was either him or DeRozan, but I think he goes before because he is more experienced

3. BJ Mullens - the athleticism and size combined with a good inside and outside game are probably going to have Mullens slipping no farther than this

2. Ricky Rubio - it would seem, from reports, that he is going to be one of the point guard of the the future, and watching him in the Olympics he impressed me

1. Blake Griffin - his combination of athleticism, strength, and ability to score is going to put him at number 1
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
Default Re: preseason top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by out|hoops|side
Wait, so you don't think Curry will get those kind of minutes or you think he will be starting?

My top 10:

10. Earl Clark - experienced college player with nice athleticism and versatility

9. Hasheem Thabeet - oozing with potential and already has fantastic athleticism and timing for blocks

8. Brandon Jennings - Kenny Anderson/Allen Iverson hybrid

7. Stephen Curry - he will go here if he does a good job of converting to the point guard at Davidson this year, if not, he is not in the lottery

6. Austin Daye - possesses great length, athleticism, and shooting/scoring ability at the SF

5. Demar DeRozan - jaw-dropping athlete, premier wing-player of this draft, going to be a star

4. James Harden - it was either him or DeRozan, but I think he goes before because he is more experienced

3. BJ Mullens - the athleticism and size combined with a good inside and outside game are probably going to have Mullens slipping no farther than this

2. Ricky Rubio - it would seem, from reports, that he is going to be one of the point guard of the the future, and watching him in the Olympics he impressed me

1. Blake Griffin - his combination of athleticism, strength, and ability to score is going to put him at number 1


pretty good list besides the FACT that mullins is nowhere near the player you think he is- remember koufos was considered a top 5 prospect a year ago- & mullins isnt even close to as far along as koufos- mullins must be this years deandre jordon, draft sites keep putting his name there so people start believing it- we will see

& i see what so many like about earl clark- he looks the part & has an nba body- right now clark is (after mullins) the most overrated player- he hasnt shown that he is a really good basketball player, but i do see the potential- i will change my mind on clark if he uses all that talent to control games and stand out

have you not seen james johnson or do you see a hole in his game that im missing? why are you and so many others sleeping on him? if nba draftnet or whoever listed him would that affect your rankings?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
out|hoops|side
Banned
 
out|hoops|side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The depleted northwest
Posts: 524
Default Re: preseason top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
pretty good list besides the FACT that mullins is nowhere near the player you think he is- remember koufos was considered a top 5 prospect a year ago- & mullins isnt even close to as far along as koufos- mullins must be this years deandre jordon, draft sites keep putting his name there so people start believing it- we will see

& i see what so many like about earl clark- he looks the part & has an nba body- right now clark is (after mullins) the most overrated player- he hasnt shown that he is a really good basketball player, but i do see the potential- i will change my mind on clark if he uses all that talent to control games and stand out

have you not seen james johnson or do you see a hole in his game that im missing? why are you and so many others sleeping on him? if nba draftnet or whoever listed him would that affect your rankings?

I'm not going to lie, I haven't seen Mullens play. Many reports say he is better than Koufos though.

Also, I have never heard of James Johnson, don't follow Wake Forest at all. If draftexpress had him listed in the top 10 I would have to look him up because no one has ever mentioned the kid. So, you could say it affected my decision that they don't, but it is mostly having never heard of him.

EDIT: I have seen Earl Clark play, dude is the real deal.
out|hoops|side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 AM   #6
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
Default Re: preseason top 10

1. Ricky Rubio-Superstar potential, huge upside, but also a huge risk.

2. Blake Griffin-Solid player, but to me lacks huge upside or star potential.

3. Demar DeRozan-Physically NBA ready, but needs to tune his game.

4. Hasheem Thabeet-Obviously huge, but making nice strides in his game.

5. James Harden-Undersized, but talented and NBA ready.

6. BJ Mullens-Big and athletic, NBA teams will love him.

7. Jrue Holiday-Huge upside because of athleticism, but not NBA ready.

8. Cole Aldrich-Big strong hustle player, just needs some work on his offense.

9. Austin Daye-Huge upside, but needs to find an NBA position and strength.

10. Brandon Jennings-Big upside and he will be watched overseas, but could get exposed.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: preseason top 10

is this who you think will be the top 10 picks or who are the top 10 prospects?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
Default Re: preseason top 10

Speaking for myself, that is my top 10 players while taking into account how I think teams will see it. Without the teams picking, you can't really predict who will actually go where. I kind of based it on where I think guys will go and where I would personally put them.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #9
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
Default Re: preseason top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
is this who you think will be the top 10 picks or who are the top 10 prospects?

i was trying to pick some good fits for each team- pretty close though except i forgot about greg monroe and need to move up some freshman

1- griffen 6-9 sf/pf oklahoma
2-daye 6-11 pf gonzaga
3-jennings 6-1 pg italy
4-rubio 6-5 pg spain
5-harden 6-5 sg asu
6-monroe 6-10 pf georgetown
7-derozen 6-6 sg usc
8-curry 6-1 pg davidson
9-johnson 6-8 sf wake forest
10-thabeet 7-2 c uconn

i think that these are the best 10 players- there are not enough big guys in this draft- trying to put together a top 30 players list you come up w 10+ pg's and 2-3 c's- are there foreign prospects even at c?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: preseason top 10

anybody see one and done potential in devin ebanks? is 6'9" with a handle, freakish athleticism, long arms (barely has to jump to dunk), an outside shot, and can play the 2,3, and 4. he'll have his chance to shine at wvu
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:11 PM   #11
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
Default Re: preseason top 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
anybody see one and done potential in devin ebanks? is 6'9" with a handle, freakish athleticism, long arms (barely has to jump to dunk), an outside shot, and can play the 2,3, and 4. he'll have his chance to shine at wvu

im interested to see him & some others- seems to be a strong group of wing player freshman - derozen, tyreke evans, scotty hopson, ebanks- i really am a believer in harden at asu and think buddinger will have a huge year and be a lock for a lottery pick-

this could be a big year for sg's- at least half to maybe 20 of the picks could be pg's & sg's- is that possible?

do you like ellington of north carolina or henderson of duke
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy