Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Marbury, what do you think?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/18/sp...8jtz64BeHQDfhw
Quote:
Most of the Knicks’ top rotation players from last season have been scrimmaging at the team’s training center. The group has included Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Jared Jeffries, Wilson Chandler and Zach Randolph, as well as the free-agent pickup Chris Duhon. The most notable absence has been Stephon Marbury, who is expected to be waived before the season.

Would you pick him up for a vets min? I mean, I know that "Starbury" has been a team cancer, but he could still be useful coming off the bench to back up Calderon.. and i'm not really sold on Ukic either.. We really lack depth at the point this year and are a serious Calderon injury away from being a lottery team IMO.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Marbury, what do you think?

I'd rather contract syphilis.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

See. the guy would want playing time. But if we could get him for the league vet min, I would take him. But do you honestly think, in your right mind he would take vet minimum...Give me a break..
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

NO way would i support Marbury to TO. That guy sux. He would ruin this team. I hope he retires and never ever has anything to do with the NBA ever again. I would hate to see him in broadcasting too....he just sux at everything.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Look here if we can pick up a player at a minimum that is skilled we should because he can contribute to the team. If he doesn't than he won't play its only a min. contract. The Raptors are already paying J.O 20 mill which probaly isn't even worth the price why not pick a up player at the min that can also contrbute.
kmart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #6
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

He's a proven loser, why? Why would you even think that? This is 1 of the worst suggestion yet =P
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/18/sp...8jtz64BeHQDfhw

Would you pick him up for a vets min? I mean, I know that "Starbury" has been a team cancer, but he could still be useful coming off the bench to back up Calderon.. and i'm not really sold on Ukic either.. We really lack depth at the point this year and are a serious Calderon injury away from being a lottery team IMO.

He'll Probably end up in Boston.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I am not that big into 'cancers', big egos etc etc. I think a lot of that is overstated by the media and basically 99% of the players in the NBA have huge egos. However, Stephon Marbury would be one of the very very few I would not want on our team. His negatives are far greater then his positives. Complete opposite of a guy like Bonzi. Some character issues, but worth the gamble. Starbury is definitely not.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
See. the guy would want playing time. But if we could get him for the league vet min, I would take him. But do you honestly think, in your right mind he would take vet minimum...Give me a break..
If he is waived by NY, they are still responsible for paying his mega contract. So it's either he signs for the vet min or he doesn't play.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:24 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen5
He's a proven loser, why? Why would you even think that? This is 1 of the worst suggestion yet =P
You can call him a proven loser, because yeah he hasn't won a championship, but outside of JO, nobody on our team has even made the 2nd round of the playoffs, so he's won just as much as Bosh, Calderon, and any other of our leaders.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #11
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
If he is waived by NY, they are still responsible for paying his mega contract. So it's either he signs for the vet min or he doesn't play.

Not that it matters, because he won't be coming to us, but he can actually sign and request/demand more then the vet. min. When guys are waived, they actually can negotiate and get a contract that any team can offer. Like with Finley was waived by Dallas and got the full MLE by SAS (a few years ago) and there are a bunch of other examples.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Not that it matters, because he won't be coming to us, but he can actually sign and request/demand more then the vet. min. When guys are waived, they actually can negotiate and get a contract that any team can offer. Like with Finley was waived by Dallas and got the full MLE by SAS (a few years ago) and there are a bunch of other examples.
even so, I doubt he'd get much more that.. at this point he's looking like he's in a Sprewell type situation.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
even so, I doubt he'd get much more that.. at this point he's looking like he's in a Sprewell type situation.

Agreed. He'll sign on with a vet team like the Celts that can put him in his place if needs be.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #14
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Agreed. He'll sign on with a vet team like the Celts that can put him in his place if needs be.
I know that Pierce and KG have said they'd like to have Marbury and that it'd make sense on some levels but they're bringing back Rondo, Cassell, House, and (Tony) Allen so there really isn't a roster spot for him. Maybe a team like the Spurs or something? I don't really know.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #15
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Wow if TJ was considered a cancer to the Raptors, I wonder what Marbury would be...
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: