Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 09-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
PhxFanAtBirth
High School JV MVP

PhxFanAtBirth has an OK reputation so far
Default Will Phx win the 06-07 playoffs?

What are our chances guys realisticly i mean. How far can we go?
PhxFanAtBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxFanAtBirth
What are our chances guys realisticly i mean. How far can we go?

We can go pretty far...I'd say at least WCF if not Finals...about winning it...it could happen...but nothing's really guaranteed in this game...depending on our players' health and conditioning...and Amare...we will see!
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:05 AM   #3
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

you guys are really starting to look like the old Kings and that is not a good thing. You have a few very successful years where you think ur gonna win it all, you almost do, but then u come up short. and then somebody goes down, with the Kings it was C-webb, with the Suns it was Amare. And then that next year, you think..."ooh they're coming back we're gonna win it all." And then unfortunately, you find out they aren't the same players they were, surgery really messes with your abilities. Next thing you know, you're in a rebuilding mode. What I'm saying is the Suns had their chances ... and those chances aren't there for long, but you never know... they might win it all i just don't see it happening.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:54 AM   #4
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Cavs VS Suns Finals.

I am calling it now.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:04 AM   #5
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

If healthy, the Suns can beat any team in the leauge except maybe San Antonio.

Meeting San Antonio in the WCF, or semi-finals, is going to be the true test. I don't think anyone out East has the talent(Miam maybe but Shaq is fat) and I don't think Dallas matches up well.

The Suns can definitley win a championship, hell if healthy they're my favorites, I just don't know if we can get through the God damn Spurs. Parker's offense nullifies a lot of what Nash does, Ginobili is unguardable when on, they're deep, Amare can't guard Duncan on two good knees(though vice-versa), Popovich outcoached D'Antoni in a series pretty badly once already, and they shut down our 3-point shooting better then anyone.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:55 AM   #6
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

I'm an avid suns fan and am both excited and pessimistic about this coming season.

Banks is a great signing and i think that jumaine Jones (who has taken less money to go to phoenix) is a fantastic addition.

Lets face it our championship chances depend on Amares return and health, Nashs' longevity and Marions playoff performance all of which are questionable.

If everthing goes right we are are a great chance to go all the way, but everything has to go right.

The knock on the suns is defense, but when Kurt was healthy last season we were ok in terms of number of posessions (suns style of play=lots of chances eaCh way) and score against. If Kurt can stay healthy it would really help.

Managemant has done everthing right (perhaps we could have drafted M. Williams) the question is can we win a championship with the current team and style of play,

History suggests we can't, if history had its say Amare will never be the same, Nash will soon decline and the suns style of play will render them incapable of winning it all, but history is made to be defied and the suns have there chance, lets hope they take it.

C'mon boys it will be tough but we can do it....... If everything goes right.

Also. does anyone else wish westill had Marbury? I know Nash is great, i would prefer him over Marbury, but i became a Suns fan because of Steph, he played his best ball for us and genuinely seemed like a team player, he has gone down hill in his time with the knicks.

i don't know, i just had alot of fun following our guys in the season we pushed the eventuall champs san antonio to the brink. If we could somehow get him back (i know it will never happen) I would think we were certainties to win it all, and would personally fly to phoenix, buy a season ticket regardless of cost and watch us win it all.
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

The Suns are too good and too deep this season to not be a potential champion. I don't buy all that **** about their style not working in the playoffs. They were 1 melt down away from forcing a game 7 in the WCF this year. With Amare and Banks there is no doubt in my mind that they will be able to beat the Mavericks this year no matter what round they meet in.

The Spurs will be the biggest test in my mind, but I really think with Banks in to guard Tony Parker and Amare running circles around Tim Duncan and the rest of the front line, the Suns have a good shot at making the finals.

Miami or Chicago are my 2 picks to make the ECF, and I think the Suns can beat either one of those teams in a 7 game series. In my opinion the Heat will make it out of the East. The Sun's style of play will exhaust Shaq. Bell and Banks should give Wade as much trouble as any Maverick players.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #8
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
The Suns are too good and too deep this season to not be a potential champion. I don't buy all that **** about their style not working in the playoffs. They were 1 melt down away from forcing a game 7 in the WCF this year. With Amare and Banks there is no doubt in my mind that they will be able to beat the Mavericks this year no matter what round they meet in.

The Spurs will be the biggest test in my mind, but I really think with Banks in to guard Tony Parker and Amare running circles around Tim Duncan and the rest of the front line, the Suns have a good shot at making the finals.

Miami or Chicago are my 2 picks to make the ECF, and I think the Suns can beat either one of those teams in a 7 game series. In my opinion the Heat will make it out of the East. The Sun's style of play will exhaust Shaq. Bell and Banks should give Wade as much trouble as any Maverick players.

I agree with everything you said here...yeah...amare will probably help a little with our post presence too...though i doubt miami will be the one for the wcf...i think it'll be bron vs wade and Bron will come out champ in those...

then Suns and Cavs..that'll be a great series
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:52 PM   #9
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23

wade averaged 35 ppg in the finals against dallas, what problems are you talking about ??
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:36 AM   #10
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
wade averaged 35 ppg in the finals against dallas, what problems are you talking about ??

That's my point. No one on Dallas could really do much to disrupt Wade's game. Banks and Bell couldn't do any worse.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Bell will make him average 35 a game... minutes that is... only minutes... and maybe 3.5ppg
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: