Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 09-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Default bout time u sign some1 king...

good, solid signing of alan henderson today. Hes a veteran, he does the dirty work, and hes cheap. Plus, we signed ivan mcfarlin, another dirty worker. Im not expecting much out of mcfarlin tho...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
The Answer
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
good, solid signing of alan henderson today. Hes a veteran, he does the dirty work, and hes cheap. Plus, we signed ivan mcfarlin, another dirty worker. Im not expecting much out of mcfarlin tho...

Are you excpecting much out of Henderson. He's pretty old and can't play like he used to. Though I really like him beacuse he's from my hometown of Morgantown, WV.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

no, im not, thats the beauty of it, all he needs to do is play 10-15 minutes per game, hes our 4th or 5th big with randolph, and i hope he does what hes been doing his whole career, which is rebound and play d. Thats why i wanted evans, but henderson is an older, cheaper version that can hit free throws. Im very happy with this signing.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
no, im not, thats the beauty of it, all he needs to do is play 10-15 minutes per game, hes our 4th or 5th big with randolph, and i hope he does what hes been doing his whole career, which is rebound and play d. Thats why i wanted evans, but henderson is an older, cheaper version that can hit free throws. Im very happy with this signing.

personally.... i used to think that alan henderson was a stiff....he is a 6-9 center that cant jump or block shots...doesnt have a nice post-up game...plus he is getting older now...but at the same time...for the sixers... its a nice pick up....Mostly becuase he comes Cheap
but on the bright side.....atleast he does have good man on man defense and rebounds pretty good and can come off the bench and give us a good 10-15 minutes or a soild presence to rest our bigs......he is also a veteran so who know?? might do us some good...i like the rookie...mcfarlin i expect him to play defesne and rebound and just be nasty on the boards and punk smaller guards or small 3's....i know that he is not all that and good....(he did go undrafted) but who knows?? he might surprise someone....i am one that thinks he will fit nice in philly and think he will turn out nice and is a sleeper.........
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: