Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
DeepStich
I airball my layups

Default Who else hates Chuck Swirsky ?

Who else here hates Chuck Swirsky?

I absolutely despise him. I hate all aspects of his commentating as well as the pesonality he's portraying through it and I hate his face even more. He just pisses the hell outta me with his "hits it from downton Oakville [or some village up in Northern Ontario]" three pointer announcements, or his "nothing but nylon" swish calls (I'm guessing he's trying to make his own nothing but net thing, but he's failing misseably) or all the other dumb stuff/bloopers he says (I remember once he called a simple windmill a 360 windmill, etc.). I don't know, maybe some people do like him, or think he's funny, but personally, I'd like to see him commentating some other sport I don't watch.
Sorry Chuck, maybe you're a nice guy and all, but shut up already...
DeepStich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #2
AKADS
National High School Star

me me me
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:02 AM   #3
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

You guys are the only ones I know. He makes watching games enjoyable! You guys are kooks.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
Abdul2k7
Scrub at the Park

If you hate Chuck Swirsky then you got major issues. That guy makes you want to watch Raptor games!
Abdul2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Swirsky does a great job as a commentator. He's energetic and fun to listen to, even when you have to listen to the games on the radio.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

I like Swirsky myself.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:02 AM   #7
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

chuck is that dude and hes far more entertaining than most other announcers

my list

1. coach hubie
2. the chuckster
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #8
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

i liked it when he got all excited when Gerald Green did the windmill dunk off the glass to finish the game....like he sounded so hyped up and enthusiastic...and then 2 seoncds later he was like...that was distastefull and disrespectful
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #9
power works
High School JV MVP

Talking

Me thinks he's incredibly sensitive about his baldness.

Other than that, if there is one guy who bleeds Dino, it's this guy.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #10
The Captain
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I love the swirsk....he's hillarious and knowledgeable. Sometimes he bleeds just a little too purple, but you need that when your team is 40 below .500 .

I'd love to see a pick of him with hair. I figure it was a red perm.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:24 PM   #11
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

I'm not big on "the Swirsk" as he refers to himself. I don't mind his commentating per se, but I find him on his radio show to be a total ass. He NEVER critisizes MLSE (I know they write his cheques, but this is a free country and the guy is hosting a radio show that often will critsize sports teams/organizations/ownership, and this guy never does it).

I remember a certain incident where a Raptors fan called in to comment on how the regular fans were being priced out of the games (which is true to a certain extent) and that if the team really wanted a great atmosphere, they would cut back the prices on those lower bowl seats. The fan went on to say that this wouldn't happen since MLSE knows that MOST of those tickets are bought by corporations and sponsors as tax-exemptions for entertainment purposes as well as throw-ins for Leafs season ticket holders. If you go to lots of games, you know what I'm tlaking about. It seems that most of the people down there are sitting on their hands. Meanwhile, all of us less well-off fans who come to games decked out in Raptors gear, bring banners/signs, and scream our heads off from the rafters struggle to create a really good atmosphere at the games.

I kind of went on a tangent there, but basically Chuck told this fan "too fuking bad, make more money, brown-nose some corporate seat holders, or *** off to the upper bowl".

After that, I couldn't stand the guy.

That and his gimmicks during commentary are getting pretty old. Him and Leo make for a brutal combination. I don't know what the percentage is, but it seems like every game, they start talking about random nothings for minutes on end.

I can tolerate Jack and Chuck the most. Jack is my favourite colour guy we have.

Oh, and *** Rod Black.
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

The random stuff is what stands out. They make it fun to listen to. Too many announcers try to sound smart and only 2 pull it off for me: Hubie and Doug Collins.

As for Jack, he and chuck have perfect chemistry and I respect his opinions.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

I don't think you can fault the passion that Chuck shows for the team and the game. I think you may fault him for going overboard, but his excitement and enthusiasm is what makes the game entertaining. When you listen to other team's announcers, it truly makes you appreciate what Chuck and company bring to every Raptors games.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #14
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

If you don't like Chuck you have problems, someone just died in your life who was important to you. And yeah **** Rod Black, because he's not helping starving children right?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #15
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
If you don't like Chuck you have problems, someone just died in your life who was important to you. And yeah **** Rod Black, because he's not helping starving children right?

Rod Black is a horrible announcer, unlike Chuck, I have a strong distaste for Rod Black and his announcing skills. I can't stand the guy, he should stick to talking about figure skating.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: