Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-21-2011, 03:00 AM   #76
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Favorite Beatles song (songs)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Yeah, I think Kolb is basically th reason you traded me Wallace. Pretty sure you raped the WW in that league tho.
I did in every league I was in.
Stinky Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #77
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

I really hope they reach an agreement, not only because football is my favorite sport to watch but because I did FF for the first time last season and it was awesome. Led the league from week 4 and out, finished second. Not too bad, but it was a simplified league where you just pick team defenses.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #78
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Dog
I did in every league I was in.
In our money league, this guy got Vick, Hillis, Stevie Johnson, Tamme, Vincent Jackson (the reason he beat me in the semis)... All off of waivers.

F#cking sickening. I may be leaving someone out.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:14 AM   #79
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Stinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputationStinky Dog has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
In our money league, this guy got Vick, Hillis, Stevie Johnson, Tamme, Vincent Jackson (the reason he beat me in the semis)... All off of waivers.

F#cking sickening. I may be leaving someone out.
I didn't get Vick I drafted Phil Rivers (one of my few good picks) along with Arian the Barbarian Foster.

I did pick up Hillis/Stevie J/Tamme/Traded peanuts for Colston who was a BEAST in the second half of the season...I also picked up Benjarvus Greene Ellis off WW he was the epitome of consistency. I drafted Vincent Jackson too :)
Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 AM   #80
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I didn't get Vick I drafted Phil Rivers (one of my few good picks) along with Arian the Barbarian Foster.

I did pick up Hillis/Stevie J/Tamme/Traded peanuts for Colston who was a BEAST in the second half of the season...I also picked up Benjarvus Greene Ellis off WW he was the epitome of consistency. I drafted Vincent Jackson too :)
Oh yes... Phil Rivers... I remember now. He connected with VJax for, what? Three TDs in our semifinal game? Those two guys totaled like... 65 points on a Thursday night game, effectively ending my season before we even got to Sunday.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #81
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Oh yes... Phil Rivers... I remember now. He connected with VJax for, what? Three TDs in our semifinal game? Those two guys totaled like... 65 points on a Thursday night game, effectively ending my season before we even got to Sunday.
yeah and i think the rest of my team put up duds besides those two and your entire team put up duds and you almost squeaked out the W...that was def. my closest call.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #82
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star

PHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected posterPHX_Phan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

I also picked up Rivers. I saw he was listed so low on the draft cheat sheets so I held out and grabbed him in the 5th or 6th round. Drafted Colston too, was about to drop him right before he started beasting but decided to hold out, and it paid off.

Also grabbed Greene-Ellis, Tolbert, and Ryan Torain off waivers, which was awesome since all my original backs save for Chris Johnson took huge hits.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 AM   #83
Stinky Dog
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
I also picked up Rivers. I saw he was listed so low on the draft cheat sheets so I held out and grabbed him in the 5th or 6th round. Drafted Colston too, was about to drop him right before he started beasting but decided to hold out, and it paid off.

Also grabbed Greene-Ellis, Tolbert, and Ryan Torain off waivers, which was awesome since all my original backs save for Chris Johnson took huge hits.
FF is the best.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #84
Durant35
Banned

Durant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this board

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iim6s8Ea_bE

I want to hold your hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NGP...feature=fvwrel

The Beatles - Twist and Shou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDdc...eature=related

The Beatles A Hard Day's Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDdc...eature=related
Durant35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #85
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

There are only about 5 or 6 songs in the Beatles catalog that I don't love, so it's difficult to choose. I think these would have to be my top 10 favorites:

Dear Prudence
Strawberry Fields Forever
She Loves You
A Day in the Life
Don't Let Me Down
Norwegian Wood
In My Life
You Never Give Me Your Money
Hey Jude
I've Just Seen a Face

Last edited by SuperPippen : 05-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #86
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Ten songs in no specific order:

And I Love Her
For No One
Across the Universe (naked)
Here Comes the Sun
Let it Be
A Day in the Life
Paperback Writer
You never give me your money
In My life
Oh! Darling
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #87
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

'Long, Long, Long' is very overlooked.

A simple song yet subtly powerful song.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #88
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Ten songs in no specific order:

And I Love Her
For No One
Across the Universe (naked)
Here Comes the Sun
Let it Be
A Day in the Life
Paperback Writer
You never give me your money
In My life
Oh! Darling

My fav Beatles cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIy2Lz_Evio

better than the original version
Old 05-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #89
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
My fav Beatles cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIy2Lz_Evio

better than the original version

No it wasn't. I generally don't care for woman singing in general though I adore Emmylou Harris because 1. She was a ****ing fox when she was younger and 2. she sang with Gram Parson's one of my favorite country musicians but you are just wrong...this just doesn't have close to the emotion and heart break as the original as Paul sang sang it.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #90
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
No it wasn't. I generally don't care for woman singing in general though I adore Emmylou Harris because 1. She was a ****ing fox when she was younger and 2. she sang with Gram Parson's one of my favorite country musicians but you are just wrong...this just doesn't have close to the emotion and heart break as the original as Paul sang sang it.

completely disagree I guess.

I think it has more soul and emotion than Paul's version. I think Paul is a genius technical singer and has his moments in which he showed great soul and emotion, but Harris bests him with her version.

I also prefer the music on this version as well. It's more solemn and true to the song than the original in my book. The harpsichord sounds too baroque and the English horn sounds too aristocratic.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: