Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Tell me who to move on this team

14 team league, huge Roto draft, standard 8 cats (no TOs), 14th pick
PG, SG, G, G, SF, PF, F, F, C, C, Ut, Ut, 6 BN

PG Nash
SG Mayo
G Parker
G Antonio Daniels
SF Jamison
PF Al Jeff
F Gooden
F Artest
C Chandler
C Marc Gasol
Ut Sessions
Ut Posey

Bn Tinsley
Bn Westbrook
Bn Knight
Bn Matt Carroll
Bn Charlie Bell
Bn Arenas

Concerned about steals and blocks. Good in threes, fg%, boards, decent points and assists. Any ideas on who to move and who to target?

As much as my bench looks empty, I feel I drafted well for potential/backups to injury prone guys (Earl Watson, JRich, Redd, Ridnour, Peja/MoPete). Those last two rounds were ridiculous!

Any feedback is appreciated
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tell me who to move on this team

if steals and blocks are what you need, josh smith looks like a perfect candidate, although you'd have to give something up for an early second round talent like that, maybe al jefferson straight up (but you'd take a nasty hit in FG%) or some combo of (tony?) parker and chandler and try to get some reboudns back too?

I'm just throwing ideas out there...
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
14 team league, huge Roto draft, standard 8 cats (no TOs), 14th pick
PG, SG, G, G, SF, PF, F, F, C, C, Ut, Ut, 6 BN

PG Nash
SG Mayo
G Parker
G Antonio Daniels
SF Jamison
PF Al Jeff
F Gooden
F Artest
C Chandler
C Marc Gasol
Ut Sessions
Ut Posey

Bn Tinsley
Bn Westbrook
Bn Knight
Bn Matt Carroll
Bn Charlie Bell
Bn Arenas

Concerned about steals and blocks. Good in threes, fg%, boards, decent points and assists. Any ideas on who to move and who to target?

As much as my bench looks empty, I feel I drafted well for potential/backups to injury prone guys (Earl Watson, JRich, Redd, Ridnour, Peja/MoPete). Those last two rounds were ridiculous!

Any feedback is appreciated

I think you need to move Gilbert. I was saying this all last season....waiting and hoping on that guy, in a Roto league, is a bad strategy IMO. I think you held onto him all last year. When he does come back, what are people expecting after all these operations?

I find that when you draft Nash, it's really hard to compete in steals.

Sessions will be a non factor, and need to get out of your starting rotation right away. Posey is also not much of a fantasy guy. To me, if I can use Gilbert and massively upgrade one of those spots, I do it in a second. Who is on the waiver in such a big league?

Not exciting, but I think first moves is to upgrade Sessions and Posey using Gilbert. If you did that, your starting lineup would be very very good for such a large league. On top of that, maybe you can increase your stls/blks from those 2 spots.....trade with the Tyrus Thomas owner and get Tyrus, another very solid player while moving Gilbert and Poset or something...making sure that guy you get along with Tyrus is good....top 70 type player.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Yeah, I took Arenas in the 11th. I said I wouldnt draft him, but in the 11th I felt I had either a guy that could sit on my bench for a while (since another guy in the 11th wouldve done the same probably anyway) and then contribute, or I'd have a big name as a trade commodity, like you mentioned.

I dont have a problem dealing Arenas at all after last year's nightmare, but I couldnt argue with his potential value at that point in the draft. I like the idea of upgrading my Util players as well, and using Sessions' over-hype is def a good idea. I like Tyrus as a potential target for blocks and steals, maybe someone like Blatche as well? Any other guys come to mind that I could land by dealing Arenas/Sessions?

Are you hating Posey this year? I'm expecting him to do nice things for NO, especially when MoPete sucks and Peja gets hurt.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't dislike Posey...but I just don't know from a fantasy perspective what people are hoping for. 1.4 3's.....is there ANYTHING else substantial you will get from him? Maybe a steal? He's a better real life player then fantasy at this stage in his career IMO.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

I offered Sessions for Tyrus, Blatche or Nene. I'd be ok with all of those guys, although I prefer Nene, Blatche and Tyrus in that order.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
RapsFan
Great college starter

Who else do the owner of those teams have that you could get if you added Gilbert. Say you gave Gil and Sessions for Nene and like a Rip Hamilton quality player. To me, you'd be fleecing them.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

I could get Blatche for Sessions. Tyrus, Nene, Haslem, Kenyon all yielded no results.

Even though Blatche's had a horrid preseason, make the deal anway? The minutes are going to be there right?
Old 10-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

I would move Gilbert.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
I could get Blatche for Sessions. Tyrus, Nene, Haslem, Kenyon all yielded no results.

Even though Blatche's had a horrid preseason, make the deal anway? The minutes are going to be there right?

I would make this deal for sure. Sessions isn't even a guaranteed backup. He will probably have his moments, but Blatche will too, and they will be earlier in the season where you could then sell high.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

You drafted too many guys on one catagory. That's your problem I think. It's still a nice team but Matt Carroll? Jamal Tinsley? Ramon Sessions? James Posey?

You need to package some guys with Gilbert and get some value. I think you'll be fine in steals with Ron Artest, Tony Parker and O.J. Mayo. Antonio Daniels also averaged a steal per game while playing 30 minutes a game last season in Washinton.

A quick fix for both steals and blocks is Ben Wallace. He won't put up the outstanding numbers that he used to but if you're already good in FG% and points then pick him up. He's still above average for rebounds, blocks and steals.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
You drafted too many guys on one catagory. That's your problem I think. It's still a nice team but Matt Carroll? Jamal Tinsley? Ramon Sessions? James Posey?

Drafting those kinds of guys happens when its a 14 team, 18 player draft. There were literally over 250 players drafted. There are literally 8 guys left on waivers that dont have a red N/A next to their name, and I didnt want to draft Dwayne Micthell or Daryl Watkins. Considering how deep it went, I'm happy with the guys on my bench. And drafting Tinsley will work out when he's dealt.

I went after a lot of PGs because I knew there wouldnt be any left on waivers as well. In this case drafting similar players toward the end was my game plan, so that when Westbrook takes over in OKC in January, I have trade bait for guys that didnt plan ahead.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #13
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen

You need to package some guys with Gilbert and get some value. I think you'll be fine in steals with Ron Artest, Tony Parker and O.J. Mayo. Antonio Daniels also averaged a steal per game while playing 30 minutes a game last season in Washinton.

A quick fix for both steals and blocks is Ben Wallace. He won't put up the outstanding numbers that he used to but if you're already good in FG% and points then pick him up. He's still above average for rebounds, blocks and steals.

I agree that Ben Wallace would be a good option for the more difficult stats at a cheap price. With this many starters and 14 teams, a guy like Ben Wallace can be more helpful because just about everyone has a guy that's a sixth man playing each week, so Ben's lousy scoring numbers dont work against me as much. Thanks for the thoughts.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #14
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I would make this deal for sure. Sessions isn't even a guaranteed backup. He will probably have his moments, but Blatche will too, and they will be earlier in the season where you could then sell high.

Cool, thanks, I took the deal.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 AM   #15
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810
I would move Gilbert.

Any thoughts on targets I should look at for Gil? I could use another big, but guys that went in the same round are Shaq and Diaw.

Ben Wallace and Wilcox are the only bigs that went in the round before Arenas, and I feel like there's more to be had than Thad, Noah and Love from two rounds before Gil.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: