Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default How good is Lamar Odom?

What do you think of Odom's overall game?
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
bracer028
Banned

bracer028 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

extremely versatile, but he lacks heart until this years playoffs

i've never seen him play like that before
bracer028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #3
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Lamar stud Odom is one of the most talented players in the NBA. He was a reincarnation of Kevin Garnett in this year's playoffs. And he can keep up that kind of play if the Lakers actually play like a team.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #4
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

very versatile. imo, with enough heart and passion, i think he has the ability to be a leader and a franchise player.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Odom is talented and has the Body and arms of a basketball player and presents many Matchup Problems for people such as Shawn Marion in the playoffs.

But if he makes some effort to be more aggressive and not defer to Kobe so much then we can be seeing a very dangerous laker team next year with the development of Bynum, Turiaf, Vujacic, and even Kwame Brown. who knows what they can accomplish
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:59 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Odom, when on his game and playing within the right system can be one of the most dangerous players in the League. I'm not sure if LA is the right place for him, but his performance in the playoffs has me thinking otherwise for now. If he can continue that caliber of play throughout next season he could be a potential bid for the All-Star team.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Odom, when on his game and playing within the right system can be one of the most dangerous players in the League. I'm not sure if LA is the right place for him, but his performance in the playoffs has me thinking otherwise for now. If he can continue that caliber of play throughout next season he could be a potential bid for the All-Star team.

I agree but he will have to average more than 14.8 ppg.

I like his rebounds and assists though.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #8
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Is 14.8 his season average or playoff?
I'm assuming it was the season average but i'm not sure.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:50 AM   #9
derfliw
Can barely lace up my sneakers

derfliw has an OK reputation so far

Odom is good but he lacks heart and aggressiveness. In the Lakers_Suns series this past playoffs, i saw him got angry in one play and came down the court and made an incredible play in your face. So that means he can be good if he wanted to. Odom just lacks heart, man.
derfliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:02 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Is 14.8 his season average or playoff?
I'm assuming it was the season average but i'm not sure.

his season average. also he has to not screw up late in games. Like the charging foul he commited against the wizards late in the fourth and the stupid three he took vs. sacramento.

And a person like him should be shooting 80% from the line.

other than all that, I don't wanna him traded.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #11
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

Lamar stud Odom has a GREAT FG% in the last 5 minutes of a close game. Last year, he was near 50%, this year I think he was at 45%.

Kobe has a HORRIBLE FG%, 32.4% last season, and something like 37% this season. And let's not forget all of Kobe's anti-clutch shots. Kobe has been under 25% in game-winning shots.

I say, give Lamar stud Odom a chance. No one can be as bad as Kobe percentage wise.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
Again, why do Laker fans easily remember every one of Lamar's shortcomings, while they can't remember any single one of Kobe's (when he has the longest list of any NBA player every season)?

Easy, because they are blind cult worshippers who spend most of the season lynching Lamar stud Odom and others just to elevate Kobe. Absolutely sickening.

No one is hatin on Lamar...People remember Kobes short comings also. Like his horrible 7/27 shooting vs. Philadelphia or missing a fadeaway vs the Celtics to win at home.

It all just comes down to who is better. There is no denying that Kobe is better.

I think lamar is great and will be even better next season since he has the triangle under his belt
Old 06-08-2006, 01:39 PM   #13
Patches O'Houlihan
I brick open layups

Patches O'Houlihan has an OK reputation so far

A 6'10" player who is a triple double threat every night. That's all I need to say.
Patches O'Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O'Houlihan
A 6'10" player who is a triple double threat every night. That's all I need to say.

Old 06-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #15
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Post all-star break, Odom played very well. He's finally confortable with the triangle offense. Also, you can't judge his production solely by how many points he scores per game. You have to factor in his assists, rebounding, and him running the offense. I think Phil is going to move him to power forward next year and this will create an even bigger mismatch for opposing clubs. How in the hell can a power forward defend Lamar on the perimeter. It's tough enough for quicker small forwards to do it.

I do wish he would improve his three point shooting. If he becomes a consistently good three point shooter, he can do anything he wants on the floor.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: