Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 09-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #16
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Whats the first thing yur gonna do with the raps in dynasty mode?

Waive everybody except Bosh, sign free agents, and have a better record than I would otherwise.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:27 AM   #17
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
Waive everybody except Bosh, sign free agents, and have a better record than I would otherwise.

Thats retarded, why would you do that when the salary sticks to your team ? rather just keep em and trade em for expirers or something else.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 03:16 AM   #18
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
how good is the franchise mode in the 2k series? Thats the most important thing for me

in my oppinion much better than live. next year it will have sign and trades, and 3 way trades. it already has a better prospect system with rookie pictures and the announcers actually pronounce the names as opposed to live where theres an outline of a chinese guy and they say "number 16" ect. another thing is 2k actually has the MLE which is annoying not to have in live.
i
n 2k7, other teams will actually adjust their gameplan according to what you do and how skilled their coach is at adapting.

in terms of gameplay, i prefer 2k is getting more realistic every year. in 2k7 every star player will have his own signature moves and behavior. however, all these features are confirmed for the XBOX360 and the ps2/xbox will have signature moves but less of them. beyond that, they have given absolutely no info on how the Xbox360 and ps2/xbox versions will be different. i'm a little worried. but its only 30 bucks for ps2 and as long as they are the same games with different graphics/less animations i will be satisfied.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #19
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfect13
The first thing I am going to do one NBA Live is try to trade down in the draft to pick up a role player and then take LaMarcus Aldridge. I know I will probably get beat silly the first year, but I'll take a SG in the first round in year two. If I could only import the rosters from NCAA Final Four and take one of the actual draft class...

the season starts after the draft in the game...
Old 09-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #20
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
in terms of gameplay, i prefer 2k is getting more realistic every year. in 2k7 every star player will have his own signature moves and behavior. however, all these features are confirmed for the XBOX360 and the ps2/xbox will have signature moves but less of them. beyond that, they have given absolutely no info on how the Xbox360 and ps2/xbox versions will be different. i'm a little worried. but its only 30 bucks for ps2 and as long as they are the same games with different graphics/less animations i will be satisfied.

It's gonna be $29.99? Cool.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #21
DaveM123
I brick open layups

DaveM123 has an OK reputation so far

if you were to buy a system now, which one would it be? I like playing sports games and have heard different things about each system. What do you guys think? PS2, XBOX, what should I buy?
DaveM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #22
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM123
if you were to buy a system now, which one would it be? I like playing sports games and have heard different things about each system. What do you guys think? PS2, XBOX, what should I buy?

If you want the 'older' systems, and only sports...I would have to say Sony has always been a sports leader for games. Now the 360 I am sure has sick sports games and the PS3 is coming out soon.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #23
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Id trade away a draft pick and get an insane 3 pt shooter
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 12:25 AM   #24
PicturePerfect13
I hit open layups

PicturePerfect13 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
the season starts after the draft in the game...

Actually, this year in NBA Live, there are three ways to start a franchise: 1) start it normally; 2) fantasy draft; 3) go back to before the draft and do it the way you want it. If you want to knwo more about it, go to either ign.com or easports.com and read the blogs about it.
PicturePerfect13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #25
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo im gonna trade down and get rudy gay
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #26
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicturePerfect13
Actually, this year in NBA Live, there are three ways to start a franchise: 1) start it normally; 2) fantasy draft; 3) go back to before the draft and do it the way you want it. If you want to knwo more about it, go to either ign.com or easports.com and read the blogs about it.

oh ok. i like to get as close to the nba as possible so i wouldn't do that. plus, I won't be playing live. If you want realism you'll be playing 2k7. Don't you think its annoying you can take anyone to the rim in live? it was like that in 2k6 but not as bad...hopefully the next versions will be improved in that area.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #27
TRapsFan4Lyf
I brick open layups

TRapsFan4Lyf has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickFan4Life2
Trade everyone except Bosh for euros, develop them, and rename the team KKK
f*ckin NYC hater.. Id trade marbury, francis and jerome james for a warm pile of dog doody, cuz thats how much theyr worth altogether.
TRapsFan4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #28
crumbs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

crumbs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnickFan4Life2
Yeah right, whatever you say:rollingeyes:. Francis and Marbury are great players, lets not be stupid.

individually, theyre pretty good.. on a team they're way too selfish. i disliked these players even before they were on the knicks. they have talent, but you're not winning anything with these two cancers. what the hell is isaiah thinking!

GREAT PLAYERS??? gimme a break!

Last edited by crumbs : 09-14-2006 at 11:38 AM.
crumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: