Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default General Trade Speculation Thread

any articles or rumors that are heard can be put here... links to articles would work too...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

any rumors about Hinrich? we gotta get rid of this guy... he is making too much $ to be a backup PG and he isn't good enough/big enough to be a SG... we gotta trade him...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

He has to go... but now with Hughes out we kind of need him at least for the start of the season.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
any articles or rumors that are heard can be put here... links to articles would work too...

...Well, Can I just say that I feel sick right now? I just read the ISH rumor page (10-23) and I see two things that upset me.

The first is that the status of Ben Gordon's big toe is still day-today at this moment. Translation; Ben Gordon is really mad at the Bulls management for not becoming the richest player in NBA history, and he will continue to try to hurt the Bulls all year long whenever he can.

The 2nd little piece of splendid news is that the Bulls are interested in Zach Randolph. Oh my Gawd! Really? No, no, I mean REALLY?

Please, if there really is a higher power of loving nature up there as the eye in the sky, please, don't let Zach Randolph become part of the Bulls.

Need I actually explain why the thought of Randolph on the Bulls makes me sick? Yeah, in todays warped world I probally do, but no I wont do it.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #5
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Randolph?? No freakin' way. This is the same GM that let J.R. Smith go for nothing because he wasn't a "team player".

Though the pathetic thing is that if the Bulls did get Randolph he'd be the best big man the Bulls have had in quite a while.

Who would they trade? Hinrich? If I was a Knicks fan I'd love that trade because I'd love to see Kirk Hinrich play under D'Antoni.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Randolph?? No freakin' way. This is the same GM that let J.R. Smith go for nothing because he wasn't a "team player".

Though the pathetic thing is that if the Bulls did get Randolph he'd be the best big man the Bulls have had in quite a while.

Who would they trade? Hinrich? If I was a Knicks fan I'd love that trade because I'd love to see Kirk Hinrich play under D'Antoni.

Well, I don't know who they would trade. Perhaps the best part of that paragraph was reading that the Bulls don't have any "package" of players that the Knicks are interested in!

What? WHAT? I am happy to hear that this trade talk is not going anywhere yet, but I am offended that the (f#@king ) Knicks would say "we" don't have anyone "they" would want for their precious black hole ball-hog of a team cancer.

Wow! What is this world coming to?

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 10-24-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 PM   #7
ChiBulls7
www.droseroy.com

ChiBulls7 has decent reputationChiBulls7 has decent reputation

Quote:

Imagine if we had J.R. right now as our starting two next to Rose. Would be ridiculous.

Anyways, Randolph would be great from an offensive aspect but all i keep hearing is how horrible he is on defense... personally haven't watched him enough.
ChiBulls7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Yep... Rose, J.R. Smith, Deng, LaMarcus Aldridge, Noah. Imagine that lineup.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBulls7
Imagine if we had J.R. right now as our starting two next to Rose.

We do, his name is Ben Gordon. Same problems, he's just 4 inches shorter...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

I can't see why we would be going after Randolph. Hughes would have to be included in the deal for me to ever consider it, but then I would see that Randolph's contract goes one year longer than Hughes, and that he also gets paid more. That's the dealbreaker for me. I say "Sorry Knicks, you are stuck with your own trash."
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
We do, his name is Ben Gordon. Same problems, he's just 4 inches shorter...

Only J.R. Smith is a lot better than Ben Gordon.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:06 AM   #12
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I disagree that Gordon will try to hurt this team on the court. In the locker room, I can't say he'll be healthy presence. Gordon is playing this season to prove to the league he's worth big bucks, so he can make it when he goes to free agency. Not playing in the preseason, definitely a middle finger to the organization. Come regular season, expect Ben at his best. Rest assured, he's a serious asset to this team for this season. Expect good numbers from Gooden also, contract year, and he seems to be in the best shape I've ever seen him in.

As for Randolph, that won't happen. I respect Randolph, he's always put up good numbers. His numbers indicate that he'd be great for this team. We need a big guy down low that will make a lot of contact in the post, and can pull down rebounds consistenly. He'd be a great compliment to our softer post players. Zack is sorta underrated in my opinion. Legit rebounder/scorer, but perhaps a liability on defense? Also, does anyone know how many games he's played in the pervious two seasons? I'd say his presence on this team wouldn't hurt, does it get much worse? This trade, as I said, will not happen because we have nothing to offer the Knicks. They're set on starting Duhon, elimates interest in Kirk. They don't need any of our mediocre talent to go along with their own.

Kirk is about the only guy on this team with great trade value. He's about the only player of worth on this team that we do not "need", not if it comes down to getting a legit big man in a trade for him.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Only J.R. Smith is a lot better than Ben Gordon.

I'd say that Gordon is a better shooter than Smith, especially from downtown, and the numbers support that. Gordon is a career 41.6% on 3 pointers, whereas Smith is only 36.8. Gordon has the edge in FT%, 86-75. Gordon has averaged 30 minutes/game in his career, but Smith has only 21.

If you adjust Smith's stats for an average of 30 minutes/game and compare the two players, Gordon scores more points (18 to 15.4/game) and gives more assists (2.9 to 2.3). Rebounds (2.9) and blocks (.1) are the same, and Smith is a little better in the steals department (1.1 to .8). Gordon also has the better career FG%, 43.2 to 42.5, while averaging 2 more shots attempts per game. They have both played 4 years in the league.

So, Gordon is better offensively. Smith gets a few more steals, but some of that can also be attributed to the fast paced tempo in Denver resulting in more defensive opportunites. His steals increased a little after moving from OKC to Denver. The main difference that can't really be quantified is their height. Smith is long, and can force an offensive player into bad passes/shots easier than Gordon. I would say that Smith is more athletically gifted than Gordon in terms of jumping, but Gordon is faster and quicker. Also, Gordon has put up his numbers as the man, whereas Smith never had to deal with that. I wouldn't say that either one of them is clutch.

I don't know who is better, because it is so close you could probably pick either one, but I wouldn't say that "J.R. Smith is a lot better than Ben Gordon". If I wanted someone on my team to be a scorer, I would probably pick Gordon (which is exactly what the Bulls need him to be this year). If I had to pick a better 3rd or 4th option, I would probably take JR because he wouldn't be as much of a liability on defense, but can still offer something on the offensive end and carry a team if others are having off-nights.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #14
whoatommy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

whoatommy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
...Well, Can I just say that I feel sick right now? I just read the ISH rumor page (10-23) and I see two things that upset me.

The first is that the status of Ben Gordon's big toe is still day-today at this moment. Translation; Ben Gordon is really mad at the Bulls management for not becoming the richest player in NBA history, and he will continue to try to hurt the Bulls all year long whenever he can.

LMAO. Ben Gordon does not control his playing time, management/coach controls his playing time. I am pretty sure he would rather play in a game, in the preseason than sit on the bench with a "toe injury". Most teams sit out their best players in the preseason with fake/minor injuries to rest them.

Besides, he should be mad at the management. He's obviously the best player on the team so why should Deng get paid more? I'm positive he doesn't care about the amount, he just wants to be paid the most on that team. Imagine the Bulls without Gordon in the two playoff series against Miami.....they'd struggle to score 60 points.
whoatommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #15
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoatommy
LMAO. Ben Gordon does not control his playing time, management/coach controls his playing time. I am pretty sure he would rather play in a game, in the preseason than sit on the bench with a "toe injury". Most teams sit out their best players in the preseason with fake/minor injuries to rest them.

Besides, he should be mad at the management. He's obviously the best player on the team so why should Deng get paid more? I'm positive he doesn't care about the amount, he just wants to be paid the most on that team. Imagine the Bulls without Gordon in the two playoff series against Miami.....they'd struggle to score 60 points.

Is that you Ben? Yeah, so... um yeah, you really think you are better than both Rose and Deng?

I look forward to seeing you off the team and in the unemployment line next summer you little chucker. You should have taken the big contract when they offered it you midget.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: