Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #31
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU
 
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
In the rumors page, it says Kaman might be available and wants to trade mobley with him. But I dont think the clips are interested in any of the bulls players. Gooden, Noce for Kaman mobley works salary wise. Maybe add some players and/or draft picks

Tyrus, Gordon, Nocioni for Kaman... then try and sign Bosh/Amare in 2010...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM   #32
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Tyrus, Gordon, Nocioni for Kaman... then try and sign Bosh/Amare in 2010...


All three of those guys for Kaman? I would want a first round draft pick for that. Even so, I don't think that would be much a good deal for the Bulls unless the Clippers really bomb this season.

Kirilenko is one of my fav's and I am not sure I would do the Nocioni and Gooden trade for AK47. I would strongly consider it though.

I like the idea of sending Gordon to Philly for Speights and a draft pick.

Trying to get Hakim Warrick for Thomas would be good.

Any reasonable deals for Jason Thompson, Nick Collison, or Biedrins would be worth looking into.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #33
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU
 
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
All three of those guys for Kaman? I would want a first round draft pick for that. Even so, I don't think that would be much a good deal for the Bulls unless the Clippers really bomb this season.

Kirilenko is one of my fav's and I am not sure I would do the Nocioni and Gooden trade for AK47. I would strongly consider it though.

I like the idea of sending Gordon to Philly for Speights and a draft pick.

Trying to get Hakim Warrick for Thomas would be good.

Any reasonable deals for Jason Thompson, Nick Collison, or Biedrins would be worth looking into.

are you attached to Gordon or Noc? we need to strt buildng a nucleus for 2010... honestly, Gordon and Noc are not part of that nucleus so the deal would be essentially Tyrus for Kaman... I would do that in a second....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

3 players for Kaman? no.

I'd like to get that Jason Thompson kid from the Kings or Aldridge from the Blazers though.

AK is not a post player
Brad Miller is washed up
and Zach Randolph has questionable heart and conditioning
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #35
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU
 
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
3 players for Kaman? no.

I'd like to get that Jason Thompson kid from the Kings or Aldridge from the Blazers though.

AK is not a post player
Brad Miller is washed up
and Zach Randolph has questionable heart and conditioning

3 players who aren't very good... I would trade 3 mediocre players for a top 5 center any day...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #36
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
3 players for Kaman? no.

I'd like to get that Jason Thompson kid from the Kings or Aldridge from the Blazers though.

AK is not a post player
Brad Miller is washed up
and Zach Randolph has questionable heart and conditioning


AK has not been a post player since Boozer came to Utah, but that is his preferred position on the floor for scoring. He is versatile enough because of his floor IQ and commitment to defense to still be a major asset to his team, albeit with less scoring currently.

I think he would terrific for the Bulls (several other teams too) but his contract does worry me a bit. If Hinrich, Gordon, and Nocioni are traded or lost to free-agency his contract doesn't matter. But if Paxson decides to settle on this trade without making some other moves I worry about the CAP room for free agency.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #37
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

So today is day two of Kaman on the blocks, and the front page of the forums has at least two threads about if Dirk Nowitski should be traded.

Forgive me please....can I just take this moment to imagine...Dirk Nowitski and Chris Kaman in Bulls uniforms?

I wonder what players we would need to give for that to happen?

Kirk, Gooden, _____ for Dirk?

Thomas, _____, _____, for Kaman?
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #38
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU
 
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
So today is day two of Kaman on the blocks, and the front page of the forums has at least two threads about if Dirk Nowitski should be traded.

Forgive me please....can I just take this moment to imagine...Dirk Nowitski and Chris Kaman in Bulls uniforms?

I wonder what players we would need to give for that to happen?

Kirk, Gooden, _____ for Dirk?

Thomas, _____, _____, for Kaman?

lol... Dirk aint gonna happen, but Kaman has a chance to be traded... I think Clippers would entertain a deal built around Tyrus... he is fairly cheap and has potential... Kaman makes 10 million so the cheap ass clippers probably want him gone next year... Gordon/Tyrus for Kaman? Tyrus is cheap and Gordon is expiring contract...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:13 AM   #39
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
lol... Dirk aint gonna happen, but Kaman has a chance to be traded... I think Clippers would entertain a deal built around Tyrus... he is fairly cheap and has potential... Kaman makes 10 million so the cheap ass clippers probably want him gone next year... Gordon/Tyrus for Kaman? Tyrus is cheap and Gordon is expiring contract...


Yes, I agree. Thomas has extraordinary potential, amazing potential. The Clip's should hurry up and throw Kaman at "us" before "we" wise-up and take him out of the deal. Damn fools, why haven't they called yet?





I hope we can Pau Gasol-for-Kwame Brown their asses!







As for Gordon...ok. I can't get it out of my head that Philly would do some really nasty, degrading, shameless **** and let us take pictures of them for Gordon. If that team isn't really killing near the trade-deadline they are going to do something big to shake things up.

Seriously. They would need to. They expected Brand to put them on top of the Eastern Conference this year. No way they just let themselves battle for a 6th through 8th playoff spot.

I would really like to know what they would offer for Gordon.

We are going to lose Gordon no matter what so there is no sense complaining about losing his scoring for the Bulls.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 11-13-2008 at 05:36 AM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 AM   #40
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

I'd give up Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Noah and a draft pick for Nowitzki.

Rose
Gordon
Nocioni
Nowitzki
Gooden/Gray
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #41
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Post Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I'd give up Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Noah and a draft pick for Nowitzki.

Rose
Gordon
Nocioni
Nowitzki
Gooden/Gray

You'll have to wait until December 15 to trade Deng. Or Gordon for that matter, and Gordon has a no-trade clause. I expect he would waive that if a trade were about to go through, but he would probably want to negotiate an extension before he waived it.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:50 PM   #42
sanders2021
I hit open layups
 
sanders2021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 152
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Anybody think the Lindsey Hunter signing could foreshadow a trade of one or more of the guards?
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #43
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders2021
Anybody think the Lindsey Hunter signing could foreshadow a trade of one or more of the guards?

I hope so. They need to try and package a couple of the guards together and make a trade. It would be pointless to trade Gordon right now since he only has a year left on his contract but I'd try and get rid of Hughes, Sefolosha and Hinrich.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #44
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star
 
Bulls_Fan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,158
Post Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I hope so. They need to try and package a couple of the guards together and make a trade. It would be pointless to trade Gordon right now since he only has a year left on his contract but I'd try and get rid of Hughes, Sefolosha and Hinrich.

While we do have a logjam at the guard spot, we can't go crazy and trade two or three of them. Hunter will not be back next year and Gordon is very unlikely to be back. If you trade Hughes or Thabo, that leaves us with three guards on the roster, and while having guys on the bench that deserve playing time is unwanted, having guys playing that deserve to be on the bench is even worse. If we go into free agency/draft with only three guards, and our primary goal is getting a big man, that means we settle for less at the guard spot as a "backup". I, for one, don't want to see someone like Smush Parker, Chris Quinn, or some other similar player getting big minutes on this team when we have plenty of guys that can do just as well on the team right now. The chemistry is there and growing with the current players, and getting rid of them for new guys will only hurt the team.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #45
Captain Klank
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 55
Default Re: General Trade Speculation Thread

There are rumors that the Bulls are in trade discussions with the Blazers.

The Bulls would send Kirk Hinrich and Cedric Simmons to the Blazers for Raef Lafrentez and Sergio Rodriguez.

Would be a pretty good trade clearing out some cap space.
Captain Klank is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy