Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Toronto Basketball Broadcasting is a joke!

This makes me laugh ..... TSN never talks about basketball or even shows basketball stuff on there sportcenter show .... but they wanna broadcast the raptors games .... watch TSN Sportcenter they won't show a single basketball related stuff other then the odd raptors news ..... it's a joke .... Tsn, sportsnet, CBC, The score, Raptors tv .... WE GOT 5 FRIGGIN SPORT CHANNELS and they all wanna show raptors games LOL common god damn raptors tv show like only 5 games pure season its a JOKE! ..... all other basketball teams have 1 television provider ... MSG, FSN, SunSPORTS .... Toronto is a joke when it comes to basketball REALLY!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Toronto Basketball Broadcasting is a joke!

Its more annyoing that not just tsn, most sports channel they put nfl football b4 raptors.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Yea man ... Toronto has no love for basketball all the sports shows don't play basketball on them AT ALL!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

Court Surfing on the Score ftw!

Seriously I think the Score should broadcast every Raptors game that channel is just ugh so much better than the others. I mean common Cabbie alone is better than anyone on TSN. Then you got Sid and Tim 2 fricking guys that do there show and sometimes other dudes fill in but on TSN you got like 10 different dudes and chicks now too that do SC.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Dont know if its new or not but at noon on the score today they had a small interview with Bosh about up coming season in their studio. That was kinda nice but sid 's questions to bosh were stupid n obvious.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #6
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Sekman has an OK reputation so far

couldn't agree more on this topic...

i really hate it!!!! i don't hate hockey but it's got way too much coverage than nba... last time i check the sportsdesk and they were starting with hockey --> off the ice hockey news --> football game previews ---> baseball off season news --> then the raptors at last..

this is ****ed up
Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

not to mention Hockey in Toronto is prolly the smallest market in sports ...... yet they have the most coverage .....
Old 10-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
Court Surfing on the Score ftw!

Seriously I think the Score should broadcast every Raptors game that channel is just ugh so much better than the others. I mean common Cabbie alone is better than anyone on TSN. Then you got Sid and Tim 2 fricking guys that do there show and sometimes other dudes fill in but on TSN you got like 10 different dudes and chicks now too that do SC.

Preach it!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

I think the score gets it the fact that they can't do what snet and tsn does in hockey with all the ex player/coach/gm so they give more basketball. What i especially like bout the score was the NCAA toury, They got Rick Majerus i just thought that was awsome.

Dont get me wrong, I love Jack but when u get Rick Majerus; someone who's been in the final 4 and championship coach....damn.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
not to mention Hockey in Toronto is prolly the smallest market in sports ...... yet they have the most coverage .....

This is probably the most idiotic **** I have read on this forum.

Toronto is the largest hockey market in the world. The Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the highest profit making teams in the entire world and the highest grossing team in all of hockey. They are thinking about putting a second hockey Team in Toronto because the market is so big. The head of the NHL said Toronto could probably handle three teams.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/31/...ions_Rank.html

Seriously, please stop talking.

Also, Raptors TV, TSN, The Score and CBC, broadcasted all 82 games in HD last year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raptors_NBA_TV

I also don't see the problem with multiple channels wanting to cover the Raptors. It's because people enjoy watching the Raptors, and many channels want to make money from the advertisement. We are one of the only teams in the NBA who have all 82 of our games aired in HD.

Last edited by Trax416 : 10-26-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #11
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
Also, Raptors TV, TSN, The Score and CBC, broadcasted all 82 games in HD last year.

I also don't see the problem with multiple channels wanting to cover the Raptors. It's because people enjoy watching the Raptors, and many channels want to make money from the advertisement. We are one of the only teams in the NBA who have all 82 of our games aired in HD.

but it becomes a problem when you have to subscribe to all channels to watch all of them... one channel should pay the big buck to secure all the games

in many countries i visited, there is a specific channel that covers all the team's games
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

A lil off topic ..but does anyone like Chuck's replacement? ..sounds like Rod Black too me!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
Sekman
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
A lil off topic ..but does anyone like Chuck's replacement? ..sounds like Rod Black too me!

Not too use to it... the voice, excitement and spirit is not there, but the content is reasonable if not better than Chuck (chuck doesn't really know much about the game itself - probably coz he never played bball at a competitive level)
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #14
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
This is probably the most idiotic **** I have read on this forum.

Toronto is the largest hockey market in the world. The Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the highest profit making teams in the entire world and the highest grossing team in all of hockey. They are thinking about putting a second hockey Team in Toronto because the market is so big. The head of the NHL said Toronto could probably handle three teams.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2007/31/...ions_Rank.html

Seriously, please stop talking.

Your TOTALY wrong bud, Toronto Maple Leafs are the worst team ..... Toronto Maple Leafs can't even resign there Captain Mat Sundian, he even said he would lower his asking price but Toronto can't afford it .... but why? who are we paying high price for right now? NO ONE We don't get big name players nor we can't even sign them! ..... Toronto Maple Leaf market may have a lot of fans but Business wise there very small ..... have no money ..... LOOK AT THERE DAMN ROSTER NOT ONE SUPERSTAR! ..... and you say there the " BIGGEST Market in the WORLD " Quote .... give me a ****ing break kid. THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS .... BIG MARKET TEAMS = HIGH PAID PLAYERS = PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR .... E.x Red Wings, Ottawa, Pitts, Van ..... THOSE ARE HIGH MARKET TEAMS WITH MONEY .... TORONTO ANIT NOTHING .... IT'S A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY FANS! .... Answer this smart guy if were the highest profit making team why was it that we can't aford our to sign our ONLY captain matt sundin? why can't we sign couple allstar type players? u just said that we have the most money out of any team, ......money is money players will come if you pay ...... give me answers ..... you a joke bud .... stop talking please stick to basketball!

Last edited by jrcp3 : 10-27-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
This makes me laugh ..... TSN never talks about basketball or even shows basketball stuff on there sportcenter show .... but they wanna broadcast the raptors games .... watch TSN Sportcenter they won't show a single basketball related stuff other then the odd raptors news ..... it's a joke .... Tsn, sportsnet, CBC, The score, Raptors tv .... WE GOT 5 FRIGGIN SPORT CHANNELS and they all wanna show raptors games LOL common god damn raptors tv show like only 5 games pure season its a JOKE! ..... all other basketball teams have 1 television provider ... MSG, FSN, SunSPORTS .... Toronto is a joke when it comes to basketball REALLY!
First off, those aren't Toronto sports networks, they are national networks. What this means is that they serve the entire nation of Canada, where Hockey is a million [yes I'm exaggerating] times more popular than Basketball. The average broadcast of HNiC gets many, many more viewers than even the most anticipated Raptors game. In raw numbers, a regular season NHL game gets as many viewers in Canada as the average NBA broadcast in the US, despite the fact that the US has 10 times as many people. If you were running a sports network in Canada, you'd be out of your mind not to start every broadcast with a segment about hockey, as you'd be losing out on a huge market, and by association, huge advertising dollars.

I'd say the fact that Canadians networks broadcast a combined 82 games a year in HD is impressive, especially considering the massive mind-share that hockey has in this country.

Last edited by kwajo : 10-27-2008 at 11:48 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread