Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Default Re: Toronto Basketball Broadcasting is a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
Your TOTALY wrong bud, Toronto Maple Leafs are the worst team ..... Toronto Maple Leafs can't even resign there Captain Mat Sundian, he even said he would lower his asking price but Toronto can't afford it .... but why? who are we paying high price for right now? NO ONE We don't get big name players nor we can't even sign them! .....

let me stop u right there, Mats said it himself in many interviews he hasn't decided weather or not he's going to play, and leafs wanted to sign him and will still have their arms open if he decides to play again for the leafs this year.

Thescore is probably the only channel care bout Raptors/basketall because they know it will be differcult to compete with TSN. Snet is just all over the place with their NFL/Blue Jays.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #17
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Your TOTALY wrong bud, Toronto Maple Leafs are the worst team ..... Toronto Maple Leafs can't even resign there Captain Mat Sundian, he even said he would lower his asking price but Toronto can't afford it .... but why? who are we paying high price for right now? NO ONE We don't get big name players nor we can't even sign them! ..... Toronto Maple Leaf market may have a lot of fans but Business wise there very small ..... have no money ..... LOOK AT THERE DAMN ROSTER NOT ONE SUPERSTAR! ..... and you say there the " BIGGEST Market in the WORLD " Quote .... give me a ****ing break kid. THEY CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS .... BIG MARKET TEAMS = HIGH PAID PLAYERS = PLAYOFFS EVERY YEAR .... E.x Red Wings, Ottawa, Pitts, Van ..... THOSE ARE HIGH MARKET TEAMS WITH MONEY .... TORONTO ANIT NOTHING .... IT'S A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MANY FANS! .... Answer this smart guy if were the highest profit making team why was it that we can't aford our to sign our ONLY captain matt sundin? why can't we sign couple allstar type players? u just said that we have the most money out of any team, ......money is money players will come if you pay ...... give me answers ..... you a joke bud .... stop talking please stick to basketball!

1. Matts doesn't know if he wants to play hockey anymore, we have the money to sign him.
2. We are the richest team in the NHL, and one of the richest teams in all of sports. I provided a link to FORBES magazine to prove this. Forbes magazine is the biggest business magazine on the planet.
3. The Toronto Maple Leafs sucking has nothing to do with the market.
4. There is a CAP in the NHL now, we can't just spend tons of money.
5. We had the highest Payroll in the NHL for over 1 decade.
6. MLSE is the third largest sports entertainment group on earth, and the Leafs make 95 percent of their money. The Raptors are a small joke compared to the leafs.
7. Players do want to play here. When the NHLPA polled players on what team they would like to play for, Toronto was number 1.
8. Leafs are currently re-building. We have been buyingh up big name players for over 20 years and it has not helped. Just like the Yankees have all the money in the world, but they are now rebuilding, and missed playoffs. It takes time. Just because you can spend money, doesn't mean you will win. Look at the Rays. In the World Series and have the lowest payroll in Baseball.

Really. All of this is common knowledge. The fact you say Toronto has no money, and is a small market for Hockey, is mind blowing. Toronto is the largest hockey market in the world, which is why they want to put two, maybe three teams here. Toronto is the most valuable hockey franchise worth almost a quarter billion dollars, and had the highest payroll in the NHL for the last 10 years.

Go look at the ****ing Forbes link I gave you, idiot.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #18
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I was gonna post a response but Trax summed it all up. This is some of the stupidest **** I have ever heard coming from jrcp3.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #19
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

We have to watch the Cap room? how much are this rookies and scrubs getting ****ing paid right now? are you kidding me! Dude if were the biggest market why the **** aren't we pulling in the players ..... we don't even got 1 LEGIT ALLSTAR ...... Kab is the closet but noteven ..... and as for Mat Sundin ..... We can afford him becauer we don't got enough money for some odd reason .... i guess all the money is going into the scrubs and rookies ...... Mat Sundin said he would come back to TORONTO if they could even pay him close to what he wants or could get in the market .... but Toronto can't for some odd reason ..... you link you should me don't me nothing .... tell me this WHERE IS ALL OF THE MONEY GOING TO, TOP END TEAMS DON'T REALLY CARE ABOUT THE CAP, THATS HOW THEY CAN SIGN ALL THE TOP PLAYERS AND TO WIN ...... Lux Tax anit nothing to other clubs .... and you Toronto is on top ????
Old 10-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #20
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

**** Toronto Maple Leafs have to ATLEAST compete ...... like you just said, our roster right now is the best we can do because were close to cap room right? .... we must of got some pretty high end pay players for us to be close to the cap right? TRIX Right? ..... tell me a couple of our players who are getting paid big bucks allstar worth? ..... LOL dummmy
Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #21
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Quote:
**** Toronto Maple Leafs have to ATLEAST compete ...... like you just said, our roster right now is the best we can do because were close to cap room right? .... we must of got some pretty high end pay players for us to be close to the cap right? TRIX Right? ..... tell me a couple of our players who are getting paid big bucks allstar worth? ..... LOL dummmy

Are you clueless? Toronto has done nothing but sign really good players for over a decade, and we still didn't win. Why do you think it was all over the ****ing news that we are actually going to BUILD UP ROOKIES, instead of BUYING OLDER VETS.

Forbes shows our payroll has the highest in the NHL last year. Toronto makes more money then any team in the NHL also. It's all right there.

You are wrong, just get used to it. I thought even the dumbest people in this city understood how big the Leafs were. Apparently I was wrong.

****, the Leafs don't even make the playoffs, but they sell more tickets, merchandise, advertising etc.. then the Raptors

Quote:
Maple Leafs fans are known by the collective nickname "Leafs Nation," which the club uses on its website. Maple Leafs home games have long been one of the toughest tickets to acquire in Canada, even during lean periods.[13] The Leafs, along with the Minnesota Wild, currently have the longest sellout streaks in the NHL. As of 2008, there is a waiting list of about 2,500 names for season tickets. Earlier, they sold out every game at Maple Leaf Gardens from 1946 until the building closed in 1999.[14] With an average of US$1.9 million per game, the Leafs had the highest average ticket revenue per game in the 2007–08 season; the previous season they earned about $1.5 million per game.[15]

Quote:
At $413 million (2007), the Leafs are the most valuable team in the NHL, followed by the New York Rangers and the Detroit Red Wings.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Maple_Leafs

Last edited by Trax416 : 10-27-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #22
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

serious waste of ****ing money ..... who are we paying so much for? what players are making the max ..... yaya
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #23
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

yea ......
Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #24
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
Are you clueless? Toronto has done nothing but sign really good players for over a decade, and we still didn't win. Why do you think it was all over the ****ing news that we are actually going to BUILD UP ROOKIES, instead of BUYING OLDER VETS.

Forbes shows our payroll has the highest in the NHL last year. Toronto makes more money then any team in the NHL also. It's all right there.

You are wrong, just get used to it. I thought even the dumbest people in this city understood how big the Leafs were. Apparently I was wrong.

****, the Leafs don't even make the playoffs, but they sell more tickets, merchandise, advertising etc.. then the Raptors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Maple_Leafs

What that said MR ...... what players are getting ALL OF THAT MONEY? Scheen? LOL
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #25
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Ask yourself the question.. Why are the Knicks so bad?

Largest basketball market? Yes

Most money? Yes

Highest payroll? Yes

Bad management?? YES!

The Leafs are the Knicks of the NHL. Tons of fans, tons of money, tons of history, but essentially are sh!t. (no offense to fans of either)

What it all comes down to is bad management.

If you are arguing that Toronto can't be a big hockey market because the team sucks, your a confused little boy.

The MARKET is the type of money that the team brings in, through the fans, merchandise, concessions, ticket sales, and overall DEMAND from the community. None of this money can be used to sign players. It has nothing to do with
Old 10-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #26
Maniak
TJ Warren

This isnt even funny jrcp3, get the f*cking facts straight.

Kids, this is why you dont do drugs
Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

YALL still haven't answered my F*cking question, WE HAVE THE MOST MONEY YALL SAID, WHERE THE F*CK IS ALL THE MONEY GOING? WHAT PLAYERS!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Ask yourself the question.. Why are the Knicks so bad?

Largest basketball market? Yes

Most money? Yes

Highest payroll? Yes

Yall still haven't answer my QUESTION .... that Chamberlain just said we have the HIGHEST pay roll ..... SO WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING, WHAT PLAYERS?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #29
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Quote:
YALL still haven't answered my F*cking question, WE HAVE THE MOST MONEY YALL SAID, WHERE THE F*CK IS ALL THE MONEY GOING? WHAT PLAYERS!

The Leafs, like I said before, are in rebuilding mode. We have brought in a ton of young players. Whats the point in signing vets, when that has failed us for the past 20 years? We decided to ditch the LETS PAY ALL THESE PLAYERS TONS OF MONEY AND ACT LIKE IT MAKES US GOOD, mentality, and are now developing players ourselves. Why would we pay Vets tons of money to fill in the gaps between all our rookies, when we know we are going to not make playoffs? We are better off developing young players, and getting a GREAT position in next years draft, so we can draft someone who can turn into a star. Thats how you rebuild a team. Just because there is a cap, doesn't mean your team has to reach it every year

Now where is the money going? It's going into MLSE. MLSE is the Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment group. They are the third largest sports entertainment group on the world, next to the one that owns all the teams in NY, and the one that owns Manchester United, in England. They also own the Raptors. The MLSE is making money, and the money goes towards stadium improvements, TV deals, merchandise, advertising. Advertising alone costs 10's of millions a year

You have a lot to learn about the basic concepts of how sports teams are run.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #30
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

Yea i get what your saying .... but i'm not just talking about this year .... this is the first year that the team is in REBUILDING mode .... previous years we never signed no big names ...... Ex. Blake anit no big name give me a break ..... but like you said we had the money but no one can explain where it is actually going, and just to tell you TOP END Teams don't care about the CAP and will pay Lux Tax to WIN! There is different Budgets for different things...... you just gotta think man ......
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread