Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 09-10-2006, 09:22 PM   #16
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
As others have said, I think the record prediction is a bit too high. I'd say more like 27. I also had no clue that Tyronn Lue shot .457 from three last season. That's pretty damn impressive.

IN my opinion it is a couple of games too low. Joe Johnson will probably be an all star this year. Josh Smith will be a borderline allstar. We are two deep in every position with good young talent. I think that we are a better squad talent wise than the Baby Bulls that went to the playoffs a couple of years ago. (Although I'd admit that we don't play near the defense)

I think 36 is a better prediction.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #17
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
IN my opinion it is a couple of games too low. Joe Johnson will probably be an all star this year. Josh Smith will be a borderline allstar. We are two deep in every position with good young talent. I think that we are a better squad talent wise than the Baby Bulls that went to the playoffs a couple of years ago. (Although I'd admit that we don't play near the defense)

I think 36 is a better prediction.
I agree Atlanta has talent. But talent alone doesn't win games. I don't see JJ making the all-star game even though he should. Smith isn't even close to being an all-star. He has amazing stats but he isn't consistent.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:24 AM   #18
TritonBisonBruin
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TritonBisonBruin has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Viva Insidehoops...and Team review

I have pulled for the Hawks since the days of Jon Koncak but think chemistry may be an issue for them to be a cool squad...ask Team USA (Why didn't they let Iverson play? and where was Bruce Bowen, even though I thought to keep Battier as well kind of a a younger, more offensively skilled Bowen)...oh and shut up Kobe considering you didn't make the trip to Japan...

Once again GREAT review and look forward to the Clipper 'prognosis'...O.F. (Original Fan) since Michael Cage and the drafting of Tony Gwynn
TritonBisonBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:23 AM   #19
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
I've never understood this. Why does everybody think Marvin Williams is gonna be a power forward? He has the size of a small forward. He has the game of a small forward. He IS a small forward. Josh Smith is more of a power forward than Marvin.

I agree every thing about Marvin spells a Small Foward, but everyone lists him as a power foward.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM   #20
technomaster
Can barely lace up my sneakers

technomaster has an OK reputation so far

Does anyone have any guesses on how the minutes will be distributed? Can we pencil in Josh Smith + Marvin Williams for 32mpg each? Joe Johnson for 38mpg?

And... does anyone want to take a guess on who'll be the better performer--- Smith or Williams...
technomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #21
GothamKnight
High school junior varsity star

GothamKnight has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

The Hawks could use one more big in the front court to allow Marvin Williams, Sheldon Williams, and Zaza Pachulia to play around 20-24 minutes per game, which is about where they can maximize their skills this year. Either a big man who can shoot or a big man who can play some defense.

You forgot about Lorenzen Wright
GothamKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: