Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Greg Oden question..

As everyone already knows, Oden is probably the top ROY candidate. However, everybody in my league is soo high on him and i have him. I picked him in the the 5th round as my 1st center. My question is what tier of player do you trade him before before the season starts? My expectations are pretty reasonable i think: 12 pts 11 rbds 2blks

Do you give him up for ONLY someone of 2nd-3rd caliber right now or do you think you wait it out JUST INCASE he blows up into something huge right out of the gate?

I can really see getting someone good for him right now because some people in my league or just in love with him. What type of player do you let him go for?

My team:

Deron
Crawford
Ginobili
J Smith
G Wallace
Blatche
Ilgauzkus
Oden
Durant
Foye
JR Smith
Collison
Fernandez
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Greg Oden question..

I would move him 100% if you can sell high on his hype. What could he do to blow up? He's not going to score 20 per....or get 15 bds per right? He's probably going to be Okafor with more hype.

I'd look to deal Crawford with Oden and see if you can get back a solid C, even if it's a bit 'worse' then Oden, but upgrade Jamal. Say if the Redd owner also has Tyson, then I'd be offering Oden/Jamal for Redd/Tyson.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

What about this:

Josh Smith & Oden

for

Melo & Al Jeff?

I would pretty much punt the blocks cat...this is a 9 cat h2h league.

However, i am expecting big things from melo this year and obviously i am gettin the better end. Does this make me better tho?
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjordan23
What about this:

Josh Smith & Oden

for

Melo & Al Jeff?

I would pretty much punt the blocks cat...this is a 9 cat h2h league.

However, i am expecting big things from melo this year and obviously i am gettin the better end. Does this make me better tho?

I don't like that you're giving up the better end of the Smith/Melo side. Is this H2H? Is so, punting blks is ok to do, but are you strong enough in 6 categories? Jefferson hurts FTs, but you'd still be improved overall in FT% in this deal. I would try and expand it to include Crawford and get back a better player in a 3 for 3. You have Deron great in %'s, Z great big %'s. Durant great FT%, unknow FG%. I would move Crawford and get rid of his FG%, but be carefull with your 3's. Gwall is another guy to look to move, bad %'s.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: