Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #31
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

yes I am watching the woman's match.

i think WOmen's Tennis is the only thing that deserves even a modicum of respect.

unlike the WNBA.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #32
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

ya sorry about that, i was thinking about tommorow's men match
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #33
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Federer owns Roddick 10-1 in headto head match ups.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #34
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Federer owns Roddick 10-1 in headto head match ups.

Well I like to consider that the old Roddick. This is the best I've seen Roddick play in a LONG time. I still obviously expect Federer to take this, but Andy should be able to give him a decent match. Because Let's be honest, Roger just doesn't lose unless it's to a guy named Nadal or a teenager from England. He's just too good. But Roddick will hold a lot, and I expect at least one tie break, and Roddick will definately have a chance to win any of those.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #35
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thing is Fed can break roddick. He is the best guy in the world at blocking a serve back with decent speed on it. I think fed wins in 4.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:35 PM   #36
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

Federer is easily the greatest player of his era but i still don't buy into the GOAT label.

i think prime Sampras would serve and volley his way past Federer. Roger is more complete all around, but Pete's serve is better and his netplay was better. he's tougher to break. if Roger added serve and volley to his game i would definitely call him the GOAT.

and while Roger is the better player, i also think Agassi of the early 2000s would have a 500 record with Roger. he nearly beat him at 35.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #37
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

mistadobilina has an OK reputation so far

Federer just has to improve his game on clay and he'll be right up there.

Martina Hingis in my opinion will be the Greatest Womens player of all time.
mistadobilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:51 PM   #38
IGGYIVERSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistadobilina

joking??
Old 09-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #39
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
joking??

KindaSorta She is still relatively young and has many great acomplishments.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:57 PM   #40
IGGYIVERSON

Quote:
KindaSorta She is still relatively young and has many great acomplishments.

6 yrs ago i thought she may end up the GOAT but it never happened. i cant see it now
Old 09-09-2006, 11:08 PM   #41
mistadobilina
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
6 yrs ago i thought she may end up the GOAT but it never happened. i cant see it now

I can see where you're coming from but remember she had a year playing through ligament injuries and a few years of retirement as well. Well that's my excuse but the way she plays using placement as her main weapon hopefully she'll have a long career and make up for some of that lost time.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 PM   #42
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Federer just has to improve his game on clay and he'll be right up there.

I always thought she was sexy for some reason.

What is she, swedish or something?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:17 PM   #43
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hingis looks good on the court... from far away. And then you see her in interviews and close-up photos and it's not good at all.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:18 PM   #44
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I said sexy, not beautiful. Although I think she is good looking.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:16 AM   #45
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Federer is great, but doesn't have any competition. The He doesn't let anybody look great, is a bad argument simply because nobody else even dominates the rest of the field.

Roddick hasn't been good since 2003, starting to come back, but only has been good for this tourny.

Safin is off and on, mostly off.

Nadal can't dominate anything but the clay. He was great during Wimbeldon, but you can see that he didnt even make quarters in the US. Maybe will grow into the other surfaces.

Agassi has been hurt since 03.

That Aussie dude has been off.

Federer may end up with the most ever titles. But I think the best ever goes to either Sampras or Agassie and I say Andre

Why Andre you ask? No I can't prove it or anything, but he could've won a lot more titles.

He had the best return of serve ever, and was a good server himself. Won 8 GS titles, but made many finals. And if he were as focused on the game as Sampras or as he became later on in his career, like when he was 30, he'd have won more. There were like 3 titles alone in the 80s he should've won. Then he had that long streak where he simply fell off, and came back the guy we all love now.

I just feel like if young Agassi wasn't trying to be such a big marketable star, and focused more on image, but the game. There'd be little question.

Not to mention he does have more tourny vicories and titles period, than Sampras
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: