Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #76
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

I am laughing at the comparison of Federer to T-Mac. Federer is the most dominant player in the game right now. He has no weaknesses. I remember when he first served notice that he was gonna be a power in the game of tennis when he dismantled Pete at Wimbledon. He hasn't stopped dismantling great players since

Teanett comparing T-Mac to Rios is spot on. If Rios had heart he could've dominated the game like Federbot is doing. The man was a wizard with the racquet, just didn't care enough (those times he wasn't injured that is)
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #77
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

He's not good at serve and volley at the net. Thats the only weakness I see.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #78
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FURB
He has no weaknesses.

CLAY.

SPANIARDS.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #79
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't really call clay a "weakness". Only to Roger Federer can you make the final in the French Open and it still be considered a weakness. There simply is a better clay court player out there.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #80
BIG FURB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
CLAY.

SPANIARDS.
He plays well on clay, just not against Nadal
Old 09-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #81
Zombles
Local High School Star

Yeah, I'm not trashing the guy, just saying it's silly to say he has no weaknesses when he cannot beat his biggest rival on a clay court.

And damn this has really turned into a tennis match. After the first set I thought Roddick was going to get dominated. His serve is unreal, has the same power of before but now is combined with much better placement.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #82
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I am laughing at the comparison of Federer to T-Mac. Federer is the most dominant player in the game right now. He has no weaknesses. I remember when he first served notice that he was gonna be a power in the game of tennis when he dismantled Pete at Wimbledon. He hasn't stopped dismantling great players since

Teanett comparing T-Mac to Rios is spot on. If Rios had heart he could've dominated the game like Federbot is doing. The man was a wizard with the racquet, just didn't care enough (those times he wasn't injured that is)

Well im laughing at your comparison of Federer's heart to that of MJ, Reggie and Bird's.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:25 PM   #83
BIG FURB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
Well im laughing at your comparison of Federer's heart to that of MJ, Reggie and Bird's.
Mind telling me where I said that greasy
Old 09-10-2006, 06:44 PM   #84
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder why Federer has stopped attacking Roddick's 2nd serve like he did in the 1st set. He's playing an overall agressive game except on those 2nd serves. Roddick is the modern-day Goran Ivanisevic, if you get him to a 2nd serve... ATTACK.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #85
BIG FURB

Federbot is up 2-1
Old 09-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #86
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Well so much for that. The robot takes the 3rd set. It's scary how at times it looks like he's just biding his time for the right moments. You never see the guy overplay or get too excited on points.

Roddick isn't playing too agressive but he isn't making many mistakes either, solid match from him.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #87
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I wonder why Federer has stopped attacking Roddick's 2nd serve like he did in the 1st set. He's playing an overall agressive game except on those 2nd serves. Roddick is the modern-day Goran Ivanisevic, if you get him to a 2nd serve... ATTACK.

Goran was better than Roddick. serve was better, he was smart enough to SERVE AND VOLLEY nonstop, and he wasnt an arrogant prick. instead he was just very entertaining.

damn i miss Goran.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #88
IGGYIVERSON
High school junior varsity star

IGGYIVERSON has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

when Roger beat Pete i think it was actually a close match. regardless, you can't use that as a measuring stick. that's like Kobe dropping 56 on MJ when he was 40 years old. Pete was way past his prime already.
IGGYIVERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #89
Zombles
Local High School Star

God damn, Roddick has all the physical tools, he just lacks the heart. When he lost the 3rd 7-5 he basically lost all confidence in himself and belief in his ability to win.

Federer's a beast though. Technically he's the best around. He's just gotta work on the cryptonite combo of clay + Spaniards.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #90
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I've never seen anyone who hit as many winners as Federer. Most players get the majority of poitns off forced or unforced errors, but Roger just blows the ball by you.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: